A Continuation Of Proper Health

Jason

i am 21 years old, basically 22 forgot my birthday was in a week, for the last year i have followed the Biofilm Carbohydrate Diet and compendium created by andrew levin, the diet is a substrate of the Specific Carbohydrate Diet

before this year i was in extreme decline of health, losing my hair in rapid speed, ulcer pains, general tiredness and basically a mess ! of course only so much can happen in a year but i can say i have made A LOT of progress !

my diet, i try to follow most things recommended by the BCD, look around the mueller ranges site and breakingtheviciouscycle and you will find an legal/illegal list !

some things i do that people find strange:
- eating plenty of organs ! one of my main reasons for joining the forum is the recommendation of using thyroid supplements .. i find that organs have way more nutrition than the muscle meat. if i had more access to thyroid, unadulterated straight from the animal i would be on top of that ! same goes for brain !
- pasteurizing fruit !

basically i eat plenty of vegetables, almost every day for breakfast, a meal of fruit a day, while avoiding grains as best as i can

i feel that i am suffering from thyroid problems and am now looking at possible routes to cure that as best as i can. i had been taking Tyromax and although i did feel progress i feel it wasn't completely there and am now looking at other routes

my supplement routine and dosage : usually take these every day, will point out if not

• vitamin a (only when i am ill)

• vitamin d jarrow formulas 1000iu (, usually go outside with my shirt off for about 10 mins to get direct sunlight, am planning on building a UVB lamp for the winter [northeast US ! ] )

• krill oil jarrow formulas 1200mg

• magnesium douglas labs 200mg

• zinc vitabase 5mg

• houston enzymes (zyme prime, AFP-peptizyde, no fenol, and bromelain when eating animal meat )
  • lithium aspartate solaray 2.5mg

• lithium carbonate, a tiny dose !

• vitamin e solaray 100iu

• manganese solaray 10mg

• copper sebecate allergyresearchgroup
  • i sleep with a copper bracelet
  • blackmores mega complex b, about 1/6 of a tablet

• germanium jarrow formulas

• lugol iodine, about 3 drops once a week

• had been taking tyromax, about to run out and want to try other options !

• vitamin k jarrow formulas mk7 180 mcg

• a tablespoon of sunflower oil
  • a tablespoon of coconut oil
i have very little brain fog, the only time it seems to occur is when i've eaten something nasty like grains or something like ice cream

i avoid fluoride by only using fluoridated toothpaste twice a week

exercise
- i work on a farm doing garden work and things related to taking care of livestock
- play soccer twice a week

i still have a gut, dad bod if that makes sense to you, much less than what i used to be and i believe with more time it will shrink

i used to be very overweight, 190lbs at 5,6, am now 140lbs give or take

i have a history of alcohol and drugs, but am on the path from abstaining completely.. used to smoke pot and very infrequently drink alcohol, have taken acid twice and mushrooms twice

i am not very familiar with ray peat or the forum, have only scoped around, looking for reading recommendations

Last edited:

lampofred

If you are 21 and you're trying to lose weight/are worried about a gut, you might not be eating enough.

OP
Jason

Jason

If you are 21 and you're trying to lose weight/are worried about a gut, you might not be eating enough.

just had salmon with lots of butter, tomato and rice (rice is my exception on grain, a bit addicted i think)

i just want to feel better, a problem with my gutflora says that is not my best !

Jayfish

Well in my personal opinion, almost every supplement you take is something I would avoid. Especially krill and sunflower oil...

meatbag

i am 21 years old, basically 22 forgot my birthday was in a week, for the last year i have followed the Biofilm Carbohydrate Diet and compendium created by andrew levin, the diet is a substrate of the Specific Carbohydrate Diet

before this year i was in extreme decline of health, losing my hair in rapid speed, ulcer pains, general tiredness and basically a mess ! of course only so much can happen in a year but i can say i have made A LOT of progress !

my diet, i try to follow most things recommended by the BCD, look around the mueller ranges site and breakingtheviciouscycle and you will find an legal/illegal list !

some things i do that people find strange:
- eating plenty of organs ! one of my main reasons for joining the forum is the recommendation of using thyroid supplements .. i find that organs have way more nutrition than the muscle meat. if i had more access to thyroid, unadulterated straight from the animal i would be on top of that ! same goes for brain !
- pasteurizing fruit !

basically i eat plenty of vegetables, almost every day for breakfast, a meal of fruit a day, while avoiding grains as best as i can

i feel that i am suffering from thyroid problems and am now looking at possible routes to cure that as best as i can. i had been taking Tyromax and although i did feel progress i feel it wasn't completely there and am now looking at other routes

my supplement routine and dosage : usually take these every day, will point out if not

• vitamin a (only when i am ill)

• vitamin d jarrow formulas 1000iu (, usually go outside with my shirt off for about 10 mins to get direct sunlight, am planning on building a UVB lamp for the winter [northeast US ! ] )

• krill oil jarrow formulas 1200mg

• magnesium douglas labs 200mg

• zinc vitabase 5mg

• houston enzymes (zyme prime, AFP-peptizyde, no fenol, and bromelain when eating animal meat )
  • lithium aspartate solaray 2.5mg

• lithium carbonate, a tiny dose !

• vitamin e solaray 100iu

• manganese solaray 10mg

• copper sebecate allergyresearchgroup
  • i sleep with a copper bracelet
  • blackmores mega complex b, about 1/6 of a tablet

• germanium jarrow formulas

• lugol iodine, about 3 drops once a week

• had been taking tyromax, about to run out and want to try other options !

• vitamin k jarrow formulas mk7 180 mcg

• a tablespoon of sunflower oil
  • a tablespoon of coconut oil
i have very little brain fog, the only time it seems to occur is when i've eaten something nasty like grains or something like ice cream

i avoid fluoride by only using fluoridated toothpaste twice a week

exercise
- i work on a farm doing garden work and things related to taking care of livestock
- play soccer twice a week

i still have a gut, dad bod if that makes sense to you, much less than what i used to be and i believe with more time it will shrink

i used to be very overweight, 190lbs at 5,6, am now 140lbs give or take

i have a history of alcohol and drugs, but am on the path from abstaining completely.. used to smoke pot and very infrequently drink alcohol, have taken acid twice and mushrooms twice

i am not very familiar with ray peat or the forum, have only scoped around, looking for reading recommendations

Organizing the Panic

Last edited:

Elephanto

You're already eating a lot of organs which easily fulfill the daily requirements for copper, you don't need to take copper supps on top of that because in excess it is known to increase the inflammatory cytokine il-6 which participates in male pattern baldness and copper promotes prostate cancer by various mechanisms. This dose of zinc is ridiculous lol, just eat organs and seafood and you'll be getting 3-5 times that. 50-75mg of zinc picolinate weekly has been helpful for my hair health. Drop the sunflower oil or just eat a burger at mcdonald's they're tastier.

OP
Jason

Jason

You're already eating a lot of organs which easily fulfill the daily requirements for copper, you don't need to take copper supps on top of that because in excess it is known to increase the inflammatory cytokine il-6 which participates in male pattern baldness and copper promotes prostate cancer by various mechanisms. This dose of zinc is ridiculous lol, just eat organs and seafood and you'll be getting 3-5 times that. 50-75mg of zinc picolinate weekly has been helpful for my hair health. Drop the sunflower oil or just eat a burger at mcdonald's they're tastier.

i've actually meant a teaspoon, not a tablespoon

Hugh Johnson

something nasty ... like ice cream
dNVvntX.gif

M

marikay

Well in my personal opinion, almost every supplement you take is something I would avoid. Especially krill and sunflower oil...

I agree on the krill and sunflower oil. Also, I'd drop the salmon and go for shellfish.

milk_lover

i like heavy cream ! not convinced on sugar at all, or eating things at that temperature
But sugar is life :) you need it to reduce stress and optimize your thyroid function. I wouldn't shy away from it if it tastes good to me.

milk_lover

I think the bad ingredients in ice cream like gums and other additives could cause the bad symptoms. Pure ice cream like vanilla Hagndaz is probably safe. But some people like the low-fat diet so they don't eat ice cream much.

OP
Jason

Jason

I think the bad ingredients in ice cream like gums and other additives could cause the bad symptoms. Pure ice cream like vanilla Hagndaz is probably safe. But some people like the low-fat diet so they don't eat ice cream much.

i had a really bad reaction to ben & jerry's, which i'm sure is a mess

tara

:welcome Jason

Ray Peat
Ray Peat Resources & Quotes | Ray Peat Forum

Are you monitoring body temps as a way to assess thyroid function and dosing?

I don't know about all your supplements, but I'm with the others who suggest ditching the sunflower oil (even a tsp) and krill oil. If you read Peat's articles on fats (on his articles page) you'll see why many of us take seriously minimising PUFA consumption. I'm not going to suggest completely avoiding salmon if you love it, but it might be preferable not to have it often or large quantities. You can switch for shell fish and non-oily fish if you like them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals