Am I doing everything wrong?

leo

Ok...so I live outside the USA and some things are just hard to find. The following are items that are just not peat approved but the best I can do for now.....would these things make such a difference as to not work at all?

Could someone help me with this please?? I notice Peat mentions cost a lot when he recommends foods, but I would really like to know which products are best despite the costs.

1. Milk: Organic Valley lowfat in tetra pack. (no raw milk available) They only come in 8 oz servings so I have to buy them by the case.

2. OJ: Tropicana No Pulp not from concentrate (not fresh orange season yet)

3. Salt: Himalaya, REal, or Celtic. (have not found MOrton pickling salt, would regular morton be superior to these?)

4. Cheese: Edam, Gouda etc but none say just "animal rennet" Non organic lf cottage cheese. Parmesano/Reggiano bites.

5. Coc Oil: unrefined (refined is yellowish in comparison and has no taste...what is metabolic difference?)

6. Vinegar: ACV with the mother. (white vinegar is superior?) i can get it here)

7. Fats: Organic Valley butter (i make ghee with this...is ghee ok??)

8. Proteins: Organic Valley eggs, organic ground beef. LOTS of seafood: clams, shrimp lobster. Oysters here are gook. Liver I will try but I read Peat says "only occasionally" and on the forum you seem to say weekly.

Sugar: I can get organic cane sugar, white sugar or local honey. which would be best?

Supplements:

Nutrisorb a (just started yesterday...one drop on skin?)
Solaray B Complex 100
Liposomal Vit C (mercola)
Vitamin D3 spray (mercola)
Organic India Tumeric
coq10 (mercola)
Jarrow Mk-7 from natto

Thyroid: Was on Erfa but dropped it for a while and am on Cytomel only....several nibbles a day. I previously was on Cytomel (4yrs) at 75 mcg a day.

Any of these should be dumped or replaced? I do not have vitamin E...have not had time to read up much on it yet. I have some old progesterone cream and have been dabbing it every other day. Last time I used it I had too much of a buildup in tissues.

Can I follow this woe with the above? Anything else I can do to make it better?

I really appreciate anyone who has the time to help me. Concerns are high blood pressure now and constipation which I've never had in my life. I'm wondering if my diet is not too liquid and there's nothing to exit!?! ha

Thanks!

J

j.

I've heard more anecdotes of people having bad effects from MK7 than MK4. There are also more studies showing the safety of MK4 than MK7. I'd use MK4.

leo

Thank you j.

Can you recommend one? I will have to order to US as this is not sold here.

I forgot to add to my list that I use enteric coated aspirin which is not advised. The regular ones just eat away at my stomach and cause a lot of pain. Does this mean that I am not getting any benefit with the enteric?

J

j.

Thorne K2. Peat advised taking 45 mg for blood pressure, but don't remember the context and whether it would apply to your situation. Seems a pretty safe substance in any case, you can confirm that with a bit of research.

SAFarmer

j. said:
Thorne K2. Peat advised taking 45 mg for blood pressure, but don't remember the context and whether it would apply to your situation. Seems a pretty safe substance in any case, you can confirm that with a bit of research.

That would be 45 mg of MK - 4 right ?
That would be very expensive here in SA ! I went to the drugstore the other day to get Vit K2 supplements. The tablets cost R3-00 (30c US) each for 200 mcg or 0.2 mg. Following Ray's advise would amount to R675 / day for my Vit K only, or about $67 !

J

j.

SAFarmer said:
That would be 45 mg of MK - 4 right ?
That would be very expensive here in SA ! I went to the drugstore the other day to get Vit K2 supplements. The tablets cost R3-00 (30c US) each for 200 mcg or 0.2 mg. Following Ray's advise would amount to R675 / day for my Vit K only, or about $67 !

Can you order from iHerb?

SAFarmer

TY
Quick calculation, thats 600 drops = 600 mg Vit K2 you buy for $65 = R650
I found a bulk supplier today which will cost me $125 for 100g , thats $1-25 for 1000mg !
The profit margins on these retail products are huge !
so my 45 mg Vit K2 will cost me 6 c US / day. Not too bad ?

montmorency

I'm not convinced that mk-7 is actually harmful. I guess that's what the Japanese are getting from their natto.

I don't know where Ray got his 45mg from, but I've seen it mentioned as what worked very well in a trial (possibly Japanese, actually).

I balked at the cost of Thorne's liquid, and am currently "making do" with Life Extension Supr K, which is K1 (1mg), K2-4 (1mg) and K2-7 (200 mcg).
Obviously hard to get 45mg from that (one plastic bottle would last 2 days at that rate).
But maybe one doesn't actually need 45 mg.

I've seen another product sold in the UK with 15mg of mk-4 capsules that seemed more affordable than Thornes. (Don't have the brand or link to had, sorry).