Edema Diet That Worked For Me

messtafarian

Hey I'm seeing some edema girls on here so I thought I would share what worked for me when I was getting kind of swollen from whatever it was that is going on with me. Actually I lost about 12 pounds of water, my face thinned out -- by the end of the summer I looked like a different woman. I did not cut calories at all.

I have to get back to it because when I started eating differently again I started to swell up again and get some kind of tummy infection. Starting tomorrow as a matter of fact:

Lots of coffee with 2 percent milk and SPLENDA with RP says NO to but you can use Stevia. I think sugar is fine but if you are drinking like 90 cups a day it's hard to keep track of how much you're ingesting.

Cheese -- LOTS of Parmesano Reggiano
Feta
Fresh sweet fruit --watermelon and mango mostly. Some grapes and cherries. Lemon and lime.
Beef, I would do one slowcooked roast a week.
Oysters packed in olive oil, 2 tins a week.
Expensive honey
blanca tortilla from masa harina, lime and salt
coconut oil
One or two eggs

RAP gummies ( These: http://rapproteingummies.com/)

So what I would do is this:

Wake up and have coffee and milk, until I got hungry -- usually around 11-ish. I would have fruit and feta for a first meal, which was filling and sweet and salty.

Then I would get really hungry around 2 PM. I'd put some coconut oil in a pan and fry some white corn tortillas ( 2 to 4), add tons of SALT and put that on a plate with a couple of chunks of parmesano reggiano and a chunk of honeycomb.

That would keep me happy til about 5. I'd still want salty food so I would eat one of the protein choices above, beef, egg ( scrambled with milk in butter) or oysters. I found some really great organic cottage cheese too that was really nice and filling. If I was craving starch I would make another couple blancas but that usually did not happen.

I'd fill in occasionally with the RAP gummies; they're all whey, not soy, and are made with gelatin so I just ignored the filler -- you have to eat something.

This along with Progesterone, Pregnenolone, b3, and occasionally iron because I'm low. In 19 days I was down 12 pounds and I felt amazing. FWIW.

treelady

Thank you messtafarian . What brand organic cottage cheese did you like? I'm using Nancy's. It's ok but wouldn't mind trying something else.

OP
M

messtafarian

I think it's Nancy's. I just looked online -- it tasted SO much better than any other cottage cheese I ever bought -- but really pricey. You can make your own if you like -- just boil a quart of 2 percent milk in a pan and then cut it with an acidic thing -- lemon, lime or vinegar until it separates, and then squeeze out the watery part. Voila, cottage cheese, farmer's cheese, or paneer, depending on your address :)

pboy

overcoming edema is a surprisingly difficult thing that takes time and a great effort, so congrats to you! I personally can ettest

OP
M

messtafarian

pboy, I think it has to do with starch. I have tested negative for celiac and eating gluten free stuff solves nothing. I have to really limit STARCH in all forms and basically all my problems -- energy, overweight, puffiness, mood -- go away. A couple of corn tortillas drowned in coconut oil are as much as I can tolerate.

treelady

messtafarian, I did make my own farmers cheese recently with 2%. It tasted good but the curds were very small and it was dry. I think I cooked it too long. I will try again. The milk I used was ultrapasturized and I've read you shouldn't use that but that's what I have. Then the leftover whey, I figured it must have protein in it so I drank it.

OP
M

messtafarian

Yep, nothing wrong with ultrapasteurized and nothing wrong with drinking whey. People get really excited about raw milk, but for most purposes it really doesn't matter. We just want the protein and the calcium. it would be awesome if we all had access to a free range cow, but most of us don't, so etc.

tara

There is protein in whey, but more of it is tryptophan. If you are deliberately trying to reduce tryptophan, drinking the whey won't help. On the other hand, I think quite a bit of the calcium is in the whey, so that's a benefit.

Peatri Dish

I have access to a free range cow. Unfortunately, she's cut in pieces in my freezer so the milks not great...

SaltGirl

Good post and thanks for sharing your experience.

I am seriously wondering if the problems with starch might be something added to it that causes issues. I know that anything using preservatives(like sodium/potassium nitrate) will screw me over and make me lethargic, puffy, and whatnot.

SQu

Good to hear! I too feel like a different person since stopping starch and it hasn't been difficult either. Also so long as i get 2-3 tsp coconut oil I also feel satisfied on low fat, not antsy. I used to think I had to eat high fat or I'd end up climbing the walls but no, a little coconut oil will do.

OP
M

messtafarian

Sueq, what are you eating if you don't eat starch or fat? Do you eat cheese -- or is it just the milk/oj combo?

SQu

Fat free cottage cheese, 3-4 tb gelatin in the form of fruit jelly which also has sugar added, fat free milk, at the moment also boiled eggs because I want them but it does add fat. I am also still wanting a bit of chicken or beef with this. I'm trying to listen to cravings as I think they can be helpful. And I want to be able to live with this or something close.
When I tighten up on this diet again in January after the holiday, I'll replace the eggs with an ounce of liver because that really gets the nutrients up without as much fat, and in such tiny quantities it's not offputting to me. The starch I just haven't struggled to drop.

OP
M

messtafarian

Thanks -- I wish I could eat fat free cottage cheese. Most of it tastes like junk to me; I either have to make it myself or buy the really expensive stuff. And even then it's 10 percent. Fruit jelly sounds pretty interesting though :)

Raypmom

This sounds like my current diet. I handle cheese, fruit jellies, some milk and honey very well! I try stewed apples (organic) it's "ok" for something different, but I don't do too much of it.

You are right, good cheese is expensive!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals