My Healing Story

Xisca

If you have a source for European customers I'm all ears.
Mine is spanish from Cataluña (not real spanish as you may know!).
saludviva.es
50gr for 14,44€

I have just added some to my milk thistle tea, and also some lucuma powder....

Wagner83

Hey @Daniel11, have you seen those? I was discussing with haidut about the potential damages of light aimed at the eyes and found these:

Light-emitting-diode induced retinal damage and its wavelength dependency in vivo

LIGHT-INDUCED DAMAGE to the RETINA

Perhaps @Travis has some thoughts about the safety of using red light in the eyes.

For reference here is a paper you had linked to in the past :
Low-level light therapy of the eye and brain
And something else:
Valtsu's: The Therapeutic Effects of Red and Near-Infrared Light (2017)

Last edited:
OP
Daniel11

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Hey @Daniel11, have you seen those? I was discussing with haidut about the potential damages of light aimed at the eyes and found these:

Light-emitting-diode induced retinal damage and its wavelength dependency in vivo

Perhaps @Travis has some thoughts about the safety of using red light in the eyes.

And something else:

You don't want to shine blue light in your eyes, and i agree about the white (Blue ) led lights for general lighting being a problem, they should be making the led lights with mixed wavelengths based on best human health response research.

Wagner83

I've been wondering if shining the redlight over the adrenals (or even in the eyes? ) could ramp up cortisol production. I've had 3 different nails break in a short amount of time, haidut wrote in the magnoil thread that it was a result of high cortisol activity, but then is nail health an image of our current state of health or a past one?

Last edited:
OP
Daniel11

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I've been wondering if shining the redlight over the adrenals (or even in the eyes? ) could ramp up cortisol production. I've had 3 different nails break in a short amount of time, haidut wrote in the magnoil thread that it was a result of high cortisol activity, but then is nail health an image of our current state of health or a past one?

Saying symptoms are caused by high cortisol does not really help much I find, it’s just one window in a enormous interconnected system of biological functioning, when you give plants the proper nutrients and water and air and light they grow strong same as us, but we now live in a ever complex ecosystem where understanding how to get the right amount and quality of these basic necessities of life is difficult at times, there are many nutrients that have not even been discovered and the synergy of how nutrients form naturally is not possible to replicate in a laboratory.

The word vitamin has many meanings and has cause a lot of confusion, minerals and amino acids are basic building blocks of life. I find nutritional mushrooms and collagen protein to be two of the best sources of a diverse array of nutrients for human health.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/OM-Organic-Mushroom-Nutrition-Reishi-Mushroom-Powder-7-14-oz-200-g/76388

https://www.bulletproof.com/collagen-protein-net-wt-16-oz

I find Xylitol greatly helps digestive and bowl functioning also tastes great and would be much better choice then sugar for anyone with digestive issues.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/xylitol-usa-xyla-just-like-sugar-2-lb-908-g/32733

Unlike plants we have a liver that loves us, so we need to give it all the love we can, holding the red light on area just below the sternum is good and I find MSM excellent support for liver functioning.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Source-Naturals-MSM-Powder-35-oz-1000-g/1283

You may already be doing some of these things but this information may also be helpful to others that are interested. I wish I could snap my finger and instantly everyone on this forum would feel amazingly healthy and happy forever, then we could all go meet on some island beach somewhere and party!!

Wagner83

Thanks for the links.

I was basically wondering why holding the light close to the adrenals wouldn't stimulate the production of its hormones (as may happen with the thyroid and testicles for example) . It's always possible there may be something to pushing metabolism without enough support.

OP
Daniel11

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the links.

I was basically wondering why holding the light close to the adrenals wouldn't stimulate the production of its hormones (as may happen with the thyroid and testicles for example) . It's always possible there may be something to pushing metabolism without enough support.

I think there is to much tissue in the way for the light to effectively reach the adrenal cortex and medulla.

“The adrenal cortex and adrenal medulla are enveloped in an adipose capsule that forms a protective layer around an adrenal gland.”

D4F78F63-BC8D-4413-8A39-93344E557395.jpeg

Wagner83

I think there is to much tissue in the way for the light to effectively reach the adrenal cortex and medulla.

“The adrenal cortex and adrenal medulla are enveloped in an adipose capsule that forms a protective layer around an adrenal gland.”

View attachment 10070
If as you suggest the red light can reach the liver then I don't know if that fat layer would block it. On the other hand most studies use infrared for deeper penetration. The science I read seem to confirm the idea.

Btw have you noticed staring at the red light (redlightman mini for example) sometimes all the red color vanishes and it's all yellow? This does make me wonder if the red colored light is the one most absorbed and whether or not a fully red light would be better than the one with yellow / orange variations, especially for the eyes (if staring at the light is even safe, I haven't checked the entirety of the links I posted above) .

Last edited:

Wagner83

And something else:

A recent study showed evidence that LLLT could be effective at preventing the effects of phototoxicity, which has clinical relevance in the prevention of age-related macular degeneration. The photoreceptor protective effects of LLLT are also evident when damage is induced by phototoxicity. White light at 1800 lx for 3 hours causes significant damage to the outer nuclear layer of the retina in pigmented rats. This structural damage is accompanied by an attenuation of the b wave in the electroretinogram. LLLT reduced the extension of damage in the outer nuclear layer and maintained the electroretinogram b wave amplitude.73 LLLT has also been shown to prevent inflammation and photoreceptor damage induced by phototoxicity. LLLT at 670 nm, 9 J/cm2, and 60 mW/cm2 was given for 5 days before and 5 days after phototoxicity with bright light in albino rats. Retinal phototoxic damage features a 25%–75% thinning of the outer nuclear layer, degeneration of photoreceptors, loss of the retinal pigment epithelium, and microglial invasion. In this series of experiments, LLLT given before the phototoxic damage was highly effective at preventing the morphological alterations observed in the nontreated group. This study also showed evidence that the retinoprotective effects of LLLT against phototoxicity include reduction of microglial invasion, decrease of stress-related molecules, and increase in neuroprotective molecules. The protective effects of LLLT were also observed at the functional level as determined with flash-evoked electroretinography. Remarkably, the protective effects of LLLT were long-lasting and photoreceptor function was preserved as late as 1 month after damage. Also, LLLT alone did not have a significant effect on photoreceptor function and it did not affect the expression of stress-related factors.74 However, LLLT has been shown to be associated with an increase expression of RNA involved in neuroprotective roles. LLLT prevention of photoreceptor cell death induced by phototoxicity have been associated with a decrease in the expression of 126 of 175 genes upregulated by light damage.75​

OP
Daniel11

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
If as you suggest the red light can reach the liver then I don't know if that fat layer would block it. On the other hand most studies use infrared for deeper penetration. The science I read seem to confirm the idea.

Btw have you noticed staring at the red light (redlightman mini for example) sometimes all the red color vanishes and it's all yellow? This does make me wonder if the red colored light is the one most absorbed and whether or not a fully red light would be better than the one with yellow / orange variations, especially for the eyes (if staring at the light is even safe, I haven't checked the entirety of the links I posted above) .

The Liver is not encapsulated like the Adrenals, and it’s vascularized so if you hold the light just below the sternum you have good positioning to reach the liver itself and the major arteries that supply it.

53A82C1A-6C4D-43AF-93CB-D7FDAF09281A.png

Infrared wavelengths will go deeper but the light gets scattered and the photon loose energy especially with a LED light, because of the amount of energy they produce and time you need to hold on a area infared could overheat the skin.

The orange/red light should really be held directly on the skin below the sternum for 3-8 minuets, holding even 1” away will really reduce depth of penetration of the light waves.

OP
Daniel11

Daniel11

Forum Supporter

A recent study showed evidence that LLLT could be effective at preventing the effects of phototoxicity, which has clinical relevance in the prevention of age-related macular degeneration. The photoreceptor protective effects of LLLT are also evident when damage is induced by phototoxicity. White light at 1800 lx for 3 hours causes significant damage to the outer nuclear layer of the retina in pigmented rats. This structural damage is accompanied by an attenuation of the b wave in the electroretinogram. LLLT reduced the extension of damage in the outer nuclear layer and maintained the electroretinogram b wave amplitude.73 LLLT has also been shown to prevent inflammation and photoreceptor damage induced by phototoxicity. LLLT at 670 nm, 9 J/cm2, and 60 mW/cm2 was given for 5 days before and 5 days after phototoxicity with bright light in albino rats. Retinal phototoxic damage features a 25%–75% thinning of the outer nuclear layer, degeneration of photoreceptors, loss of the retinal pigment epithelium, and microglial invasion. In this series of experiments, LLLT given before the phototoxic damage was highly effective at preventing the morphological alterations observed in the nontreated group. This study also showed evidence that the retinoprotective effects of LLLT against phototoxicity include reduction of microglial invasion, decrease of stress-related molecules, and increase in neuroprotective molecules. The protective effects of LLLT were also observed at the functional level as determined with flash-evoked electroretinography. Remarkably, the protective effects of LLLT were long-lasting and photoreceptor function was preserved as late as 1 month after damage. Also, LLLT alone did not have a significant effect on photoreceptor function and it did not affect the expression of stress-related factors.74 However, LLLT has been shown to be associated with an increase expression of RNA involved in neuroprotective roles. LLLT prevention of photoreceptor cell death induced by phototoxicity have been associated with a decrease in the expression of 126 of 175 genes upregulated by light damage.75​

The red light is great for the eyes them self but the main reason for getting the light through the eyes is to enhance cerebral and endocrine functionality. The light photons travel via the optic nerve to benefit the hypothalamus and pituitary gland and this is I feel the best way to use light to improve adrenal gland functioning.

How Adrenal Glands Work to Produce Cortisol

Adrenal glands produce hormones in response to signals from the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland in the brain. For example, for the adrenal gland to produce cortisol:
  • The hypothalamus produces corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) that stimulates the pituitary gland to secrete adrenocorticotropin hormone (ACTH).
  • The ACTH then stimulates the adrenal glands to make and release cortisol hormones into the blood.
  • Normally, both the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland can sense whether the blood has the right amount of cortisol in it. If there is too much or too little cortisol, these glands respectively change the amount of CRH and ACTH that gets released.
  • Excess cortisol production can occur from nodules in the adrenal gland or excess production of ACTH from a tumor in the pituitary gland or other source.

Wagner83

The red light is great for the eyes them self but the main reason for getting the light through the eyes is to enhance cerebral and endocrine functionality. The light photons travel via the optic nerve to benefit the hypothalamus and pituitary gland and this is I feel the best way to use light to improve adrenal gland functioning.

How Adrenal Glands Work to Produce Cortisol

Adrenal glands produce hormones in response to signals from the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland in the brain. For example, for the adrenal gland to produce cortisol:
  • The hypothalamus produces corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) that stimulates the pituitary gland to secrete adrenocorticotropin hormone (ACTH).
  • The ACTH then stimulates the adrenal glands to make and release cortisol hormones into the blood.
  • Normally, both the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland can sense whether the blood has the right amount of cortisol in it. If there is too much or too little cortisol, these glands respectively change the amount of CRH and ACTH that gets released.
  • Excess cortisol production can occur from nodules in the adrenal gland or excess production of ACTH from a tumor in the pituitary gland or other source.
Well given what you just wrote above , the experiences of people with light in the eyes (energy, brain functioning), some of my own experiences (nails break easily..), I'm getting very suspicious about it.

The Effects of Red and Blue Lights on Circadian Variations in Cortisol, Alpha Amylase, and Melatonin

Cortisol levels are significantly elevated by both the blue and the red lights at night; these same lights appear to have a much diminished effect, if any at all, on cortisol levels during the day.

[...]

Coming back to humans and consistent with this dual control hypothesis, Leproult and colleagues [25] showed that the morning peak in cortisol was enhanced by as much as 50% by bright light exposure (above 2000 lx at the cornea), but this enhancing effect was not seen following application of light in the late afternoon/early evening, when cortisol levels were relatively lower. Scheer and colleagues also showed an effect of morning light exposure, but not evening light exposure, on cortisol levels and on heart rate [24, 26]. The present results extend those from Scheer and colleagues, by showing that light exposure during the middle of the night also increases cortisol production. It should be noted in this context that, like Scheer and colleagues, “evening” light in our experiment (at 21:00) did not show any meaningful light-induced modulation of cortisol. Rather, the significant night-time cortisol response to light was only observed at 01:00 and 05:00.
For the record, reishi mushrooms appear to be quite anti-androgenic. I'm sure their overall effects are more complex than that but I tried the cordyceps from fungi perfecti a few times and didn't like them at all.

OP
Daniel11

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Well given what you just wrote above , the experiences of people with light in the eyes (energy, brain functioning), some of my own experiences (nails break easily..), I'm getting very suspicious about it.

The Effects of Red and Blue Lights on Circadian Variations in Cortisol, Alpha Amylase, and Melatonin

Cortisol levels are significantly elevated by both the blue and the red lights at night; these same lights appear to have a much diminished effect, if any at all, on cortisol levels during the day.

[...]

Coming back to humans and consistent with this dual control hypothesis, Leproult and colleagues [25] showed that the morning peak in cortisol was enhanced by as much as 50% by bright light exposure (above 2000 lx at the cornea), but this enhancing effect was not seen following application of light in the late afternoon/early evening, when cortisol levels were relatively lower. Scheer and colleagues also showed an effect of morning light exposure, but not evening light exposure, on cortisol levels and on heart rate [24, 26]. The present results extend those from Scheer and colleagues, by showing that light exposure during the middle of the night also increases cortisol production. It should be noted in this context that, like Scheer and colleagues, “evening” light in our experiment (at 21:00) did not show any meaningful light-induced modulation of cortisol. Rather, the significant night-time cortisol response to light was only observed at 01:00 and 05:00.
For the record, reishi mushrooms appear to be quite anti-androgenic. I'm sure their overall effects are more complex than that but I tried the cordyceps from fungi perfecti a few times and didn't like them at all.

Wagner, like many people on the forum your looking for something to blame your symptoms on, if you don’t feel like using light through your eyes then don’t, there are many ways to heal oneself you have to do what feels right for you!

If you read my past posts I have always said that the light should only be used through the eyes first thing in the morning right after waking up not at night.

Issues with nails is usually lack of proper minerals that’s why I thought you may do good with nutritional mushrooms.

I have been using reishi and other mushrooms long time my testosterone levels are higher then most men my age and I feel good, I know many people doing same with light through eyes and using mushrooms, but everyone is different you have to do what feels right for you. If you think something is not good for you yet continue to do it that’s just not going to help you.

You have to just feel free to experiment and try new things, photobiomodulation with light has been proven beneficial in numerous studies, but that does not mean you have to do it, most important is type of general lights you use in your home incandescent is best, LED or halogen or CFLs are not so good.

Use your own inner wisdom, have fun, change things up stop using the red light, change your nutrition see how it feels, it’s your body your life, do what feels good for you, not what me or anybody else thinks is right for you, have more fun!!

Wagner83

Thanks for the words but don't worry I do that, however I like to question things and I don't see why red light would be only beneficial, I think it's a potent tool in the box and as such I very well consider it can have bad effects as well. If, as you suggest, it affects organs in a potent way, then it's good to consider pros and cons. I'm not saying people shouldn't use it. The breaking of nails is just a potential hint, nothing more. Perhaps I shouldn't pollute your thread and will post on an other red light thread if I find anything else worse writing about.

OP
Daniel11

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the words but don't worry I do that, however I like to question things and I don't see why red light would be only beneficial, I think it's a potent tool in the box and as such I very well consider it can have bad effects as well. If, as you suggest, it affects organs in a potent way, then it's good to consider pros and cons. I'm not saying people shouldn't use it. The breaking of nails is just a potential hint, nothing more. Perhaps I shouldn't pollute your thread and will post on an other red light thread if I find anything else worse writing about.

I agree, with living and healing ourselves everything is about finding what the right balance is, to much of a good thing is not a good thing.

I often give breaks of couple weeks for red light and sometimes only use once a week for few minuets other times I use more often. It is important to use through the eyes only in the morning time not evenings. Sometimes I go awhile with not in my eyes and just focus on the liver and side of my neck or ears.

Also once I started with the red light my nutritional needs really increased, I found collagen protein really improved my hair, skin and nails.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals