How 1200K F.lux Mode Helped Me

milk_lover

I am writing this to encourage everybody using their computers at night to get on the f.lux bandwagon!

Four days after I installed it on my mac, I've noticed the following:

1) I am sleeping deeper than usual, seven to eight hours of uninterrupted restful sleep. I even did an experiment to see if coffee would keep make awake at night (which usually is the case) and my sleep got delayed only one hour
2) I am not kidding when I say my skin texture got smoother and less dry
3) My dark circles appear less dark
4) I have nice glow in my eyes

I am using the 1200k mode. At first, the screen will look very red. But your eyes will get used to it and whenever you go back to the normal screen, you will see the screen very blue. And we know how blue light can be bad for our cells. I went crazy with this f.lux stuff that I let my computer screen shine its "red" light on my face while sleeping :lol: .. Could this be harmful in ways I don't know?

Am I dreaming things (placebo effect) or did f.lux really help me? I'd like to know your experiences if you've tried it before.

montmorency

milk_lover said:
post 99110 1) I am sleeping deeper than usual, seven to eight hours of uninterrupted restful sleep. I even did an experiment to see if coffee would keep make awake at night (which usually is the case) and my sleep got delayed only one hour

If you want to push this idea harder, take some iodine at night. That usually keeps people awake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makrosky

montmorency said:
post 99274
milk_lover said:
post 99110 1) I am sleeping deeper than usual, seven to eight hours of uninterrupted restful sleep. I even did an experiment to see if coffee would keep make awake at night (which usually is the case) and my sleep got delayed only one hour

If you want to push this idea harder, take some iodine at night. That usually keeps people awake.

Many times I've taken iodine and knocked me out to sleep. Just for the record.

forterpride

milk_lover said:
post 99110 I am writing this to encourage everybody using their computers at night to get on the f.lux bandwagon!

Four days after I installed it on my mac, I've noticed the following:

1) I am sleeping deeper than usual, seven to eight hours of uninterrupted restful sleep. I even did an experiment to see if coffee would keep make awake at night (which usually is the case) and my sleep got delayed only one hour
2) I am not kidding when I say my skin texture got smoother and less dry
3) My dark circles appear less dark
4) I have nice glow in my eyes

I am using the 1200k mode. At first, the screen will look very red. But your eyes will get used to it and whenever you go back to the normal screen, you will see the screen very blue. And we know how blue light can be bad for our cells. I went crazy with this f.lux stuff that I let my computer screen shine its "red" light on my face while sleeping :lol: .. Could this be harmful in ways I don't know?

Am I dreaming things (placebo effect) or did f.lux really help me? I'd like to know your experiences if you've tried it before.

How do you get it to stay on 1200? Mine keeps going back. thanks

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

forterpride said:
Unfortunately I don't think that's possible in the current version. What I do is choose coordinates with the least amount of day time hours. For example, now I am choosing coordinates close to the south pole. This will keep the 1200k mode (bedtime setting) to stay for longer time. Once it leaves the 1200k mode, adjust the time you wake up at so you trick the app to go back to the 1200k mode.

slayers

I been using it for awhile now, i just have it set to default... I wish they had it for the iPhone.

forterpride

milk_lover said:
post 101439
forterpride said:
Unfortunately I don't think that's possible in the current version. What I do is choose coordinates with the least amount of day time hours. For example, now I am choosing coordinates close to the south pole. This will keep the 1200k mode (bedtime setting) to stay for longer time. Once it leaves the 1200k mode, adjust the time you wake up at so you trick the app to go back to the 1200k mode.

Great idea! Thanks!

encerent

I also try to wear these orange tinted glasses I have indoors when I can.

tankasnowgod

I noticed a similar effect when I started using f lux. I was really into using darkroom mode in the evenings. I also changed the backgrounds from blue to red on all computers I use. There is an excessive amount of blue light that comes from these things.

Repas du soir

It's probably also wise to turn down the brightness/contrast on your screen to a comfortable level at night.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals