Optimal Red Light Joule For A Peat Life

hiconscience

hi!!
so fortunately have been exposed to the wonders of red light for awhile. I was just wondering for the peaty scientists out there what is the optimal joules of a redlight? near infrared red light etc...I read mercola (bald, skinny, unattractive knower of all, kidding!!) said 20-80 joules is best. I have had numerous red lights and want to find the best so I am asking help from the best!!
Thanks!!
love from Santa Fe

x-ray peat

Not sure if you've come across this article but Ive found it very helpful in figuring out the correct exposure times as long as you know the strength of your light. From it, it looks like 20-80 joules/cm2 is in the right ball park but of course depends on what you are trying to do. Just be careful not to overdue it on the red light as it can cause some damage if done too much.

Complete guide to light therapy dosing - Red Light Man

Last edited:
OP
hiconscience

hiconscience

Not sure if you've come across this article but Ive found it very helpful in figuring out the correct exposure times as long as you know the strength of your light. From it, it looks like 20-80 joules/cm2 is in the right ball park but of course depends on what you are trying to do. Just be careful not to overdue it on the red light as it can cause some damage if done too much.

Complete guide to light therapy dosing - Red Light Man

fantastic!! thank you xraypeat!

BrianF

Looking to experiment with relight but here in the UK, due to stupid EU directives, incandescent bulbs were banned a few years back. You can get them but they are priced somewhere between f**k that and totally criminal. I do see infrared heat bulbs of around 250watt priced somewhere nearer to reasonable.

But can info red heat bulbs give the required effect or does it have to be incandescent?

Milena

Our local hardware store sells 150W incandescant bulbs for £1 each. I found them a little hot and expensive to run so have moved to a Redlightman combo mini. Jury is out on the effects although I tend to now get a blood-pumping feeling for the first minute when I shine it close on my front of neck.