Plaque In Teeth And Vitamin K

mamaherrera

My husvand has a worze diet than I do, never goez to the dentist and no plaque but I do. So i know its my system. I would love to reverse it, and I know vitamin k is key but 1st how do I get it from diet??

and 2! I am scared to try anything with mk7 and think it could cause heart palpitations because that eill make me more anxious. I take 35000 vitamin d per week and vitamin e 400mg twice a week, a light multi vitamin, magnesium 400mg nightly and other things. Anyone have a low recommendation of levels to take and a brand that would be effective but not cause other problems? Thanks so much.

OP
M

mamaherrera

and my calcium level last time was 9.6 so now my anxiety is worse thinking I have plugged up arteries and my cholesterol last time was 222, with LDL 148 and HDL 48. So I"m not optimal in anything. I'm 38 female and hoping I'm not really messed up. I take 325 mg of calcium citrate as well. Hoping to hear someone. My Vitamin D was 21, and I got it up to 44 in 4 months but that's why I"m taking such a high dose.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
How do you know his teeth are good if he never goes to the dentist? My teeth got worse in one year than in the previous 3 years before that, so dental health can deteriorate rapidly. The difference I think was that I got super lax with my eating and ate lots of grains, and my magnesium intake was awful. But I’m sure there are compounding factors I’m missing. Very hard to say, since I moved out of home and so much in my life changed. Nothing was regular or consistent with my diet.

My teeth before that had almost no plaque at all. The dentist spent <5 mins scaling the debris off.

I had a heart scare in 2016. It was just bad drug interaction but I empathize with you on the palpitations and anxiety. Believe me, they feed off one another, so always remind yourself that anxiety can’t actually hurt you. Sit with it, don’t try to run from it, and you will see that nothing bad will happen.

From the studies I’ve seen on magnesium, it is a greater predictor of good bone health than either D or calcium (intake) so maybe consider increasing your Mg. One thing I used to do when my teeth were great was take Epsom salt baths 2-3x per week. A 1% concentration, soaking for 10-20 mins is best for elevating serum magnesium.

Last edited:
OP
M

mamaherrera

Thanks and what do you think about my calcium level being 9.6? I hope that won't raise from the high vitamin D I'm taking. And no, his teeth aren't good, he has other issues, but what he has good is his plaque, almost none. I'm just worried because Ive been taking high levels of D for so long, and never vitamin K, so now I"m wondering if I'm going to have high calcium levels, high er than 9.6 and/or plaque in my arteries. Thats what is freaking me out . . . or parathyroid stuff. Thanks for your calm about anxiety, it is so deteriorating. . .

tomisonbottom

You can get vitamin K from saturated fat in animal foods, beef liver, eggs, butter, and the dark meat of chicken.

K2 will NOT make you have heart palpitations.......not sure why you'd think that. It can protect the heart actually.

marcar72

I'm just worried because Ive been taking high levels of D for so long, and never vitamin K,

I think you're onto the problem right here. Vitamin D & K work synergistically and it's been advised on some of the research I've done to not take high vitamin D without taking vitamin K. I haven't seen any warnings stating that the other way around so I suppose high vitamin K without vitamin D isn't problematic. I came across an awesome vitamin K complex, notice that it includes vitamin D in the mix.

Awesome Vitamin K Complex!

baccheion

I think you're onto the problem right here. Vitamin D & K work synergistically and it's been advised on some of the research I've done to not take high vitamin D without taking vitamin K. I haven't seen any warnings stating that the other way around so I suppose high vitamin K without vitamin D isn't problematic. I came across an awesome vitamin K complex, notice that it includes vitamin D in the mix.

Awesome Vitamin K Complex!
It isn't as likely to be problematic, but it's better some threshold amount of vitamin D is added to prevent deficiency/issues. Vitamin D can be taken without vitamin K up to ~5,000 IU if magnesium is also supplemented.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals