Has anyone suddenly become sensitive to caffeine.

chococat

Forum Supporter
I drink coffee multiple times a week. Within the past year, I’ve noticed myself experiencing more of the stereotypical negative side effects of caffeine consumption. I used to drink it, become slightly energized, and not notice any crashes. It had a very slight effect on me; for example, I could drink a cup and go to bed within 40 minutes if I had to. Now I experience heart, palpitations, and energetic peaks and crashes. This doesn’t always happen. I can avoid these symptoms for the most part if I moderate my coffee consumption, but it’s strange to me that this was not the case and now it suddenly is.
For eight months in 2022 I was using stimulants semi-regularly. I wonder if that caused the change. I didn’t begin to have these negative experiences with caffeine until four months after totally discontinuing stimulant usage though.
Have any of you gone from being able to tolerate caffeine very well to being sensitive to it?

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
I drink coffee multiple times a week. Within the past year, I’ve noticed myself experiencing more of the stereotypical negative side effects of caffeine consumption. I used to drink it, become slightly energized, and not notice any crashes. It had a very slight effect on me; for example, I could drink a cup and go to bed within 40 minutes if I had to. Now I experience heart, palpitations, and energetic peaks and crashes. This doesn’t always happen. I can avoid these symptoms for the most part if I moderate my coffee consumption, but it’s strange to me that this was not the case and now it suddenly is.
For eight months in 2022 I was using stimulants semi-regularly. I wonder if that caused the change. I didn’t begin to have these negative experiences with caffeine until four months after totally discontinuing stimulant usage though.
Have any of you gone from being able to tolerate caffeine very well to being sensitive to it?
One of my clients experienced this. My hunch was liver congestion so I recommended several liver flushes. Definitively helped with the caffeine tolerance and had a bunch of other positive effects too.

OP
chococat

chococat

Forum Supporter
One of my clients experienced this. My hunch was liver congestion so I recommended several liver flushes. Definitively helped with the caffeine tolerance and had a bunch of other positive effects too.
Thank you! I have never considered this angle. I’ll be looking into this as I’ve been struggling with food intolerances in general alongside this caffeine issue.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Thank you! I have never considered this angle. I’ll be looking into this as I’ve been struggling with food intolerances in general alongside this caffeine issue.
You're welcome!

Hugh Johnson

I had a period during which even a little bit coffee caused me to vomit. It went away after some months. I assume I had healed enough to become more sensitive to stress hormones or the body was able to increase metabolism in response to caffeine, but the liver could not handle it.

Maybe those liver flushes help. Most issues also resolve themselves if given some time, rest and good nutrition.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
I had a period during which even a little bit coffee caused me to vomit. It went away after some months. I assume I had healed enough to become more sensitive to stress hormones or the body was able to increase metabolism in response to caffeine, but the liver could not handle it.

Maybe those liver flushes help. Most issues also resolve themselves if given some time, rest and good nutrition.
Yeah, if you ever have time to search online for people's reports after doing a bunch of flushes, it is pretty incredible. Definitely a game-changer and accelerator, that's why I am constantly talking about it and trying to spread awareness!

mayku-T-meelo

Yeah, if you ever have time to search online for people's reports after doing a bunch of flushes, it is pretty incredible. Definitely a game-changer and accelerator, that's why I am constantly talking about it and trying to spread awareness!

How do you do a liver flush?

LucH

Besides that, the body gets used to its dose of caffeine. The adaptation window is +/- 4 hours. So coffee at breakfast but not at snack time if you don't want to lose your boost capacity. Or we change the approach: Orange juice at breakfast and coffee at break time.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
How do you do a liver flush?
I use a modified Andreas Moritz method. You can buy his book and I am sure you can find the method on the web, I also offer a 2 hour course with my modified method which contains all the info you need to do it plus links to the supplements I and my clients use. But you can probably find a free web resource too as I said on the basic way to do it.

baron

Whenever my liver health is good and my estrogen, endotoxin is low I can drink a liter and only get sedative effects. Recently I experienced increased endotoxin symptoms and my caffiene tolerance shot down to 2 cups only.

LLight

There was a user (@tyw if I remember correctly) who thought molybdenum and manganese were important elements to tolerate coffee.
Maybe your diet (carnivore?) is devoid of these micronutrients.

youngsinatra

There was a user (@tyw if I remember correctly) who thought molybdenum and manganese were important elements to tolerate coffee.
Maybe your diet (carnivore?) is devoid of these micronutrients.
Exactly my thought aswell!

GTW

Theanine supplement before coffee helps.
So does fat. Such as cream or coconut butter concurrent or preceding coffee.
Paraphrasing the Glucose Goddess, clothe the toxins.

wzuo

I had something like this and only peating helped. I have been searching for solution for a few years and nothing helped.
Coffee sensitivity was one of my first symptoms of hypothyrodoism. Happened suddenly few times, like day before I could tolerate few coffees and after some kind of crash even half a cup gave me anxiety, racing heart etc. symptoms

Andi9090

The question is whether consuming other supplements affects the effects of stimulants such as caffeine.
In my case, a short intake of berberine made a very noticeable difference in the way caffeine works.
I feel sleepy all day, but when I go to bed I can't fall asleep. Withdrawal from caffeine for 3-4 days restores almost normal sleep.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals