Hypothyroidism, Hypoglycemia - Unsure How To Proceed

tara

I was monitoring my blood sugar; it would spike after meals, then rapidly drop. I experience intense cravings for food/sugar, panic, shakiness, impending doom etc.
How much carbs were you eating when you got these symptoms? Across the day and at a single meal/instance?

I would feel full for about an hour, then need to eat again.
I have had that experience. It is less now that I eat more sugar and less starch, probably more carbs overall.

stargazer1111

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to chime in. I struggled with severe reactive hypoglycemia for years. Even on a ketogenic, zero carb diet, I still had hypoglycemic crashes. It wasn't until last year when I discovered Paul Jaminet's "Perfect Health Diet" that advocated a higher protein intake with moderate levels of carbs that the hypo disappeared. I must eat at least 30 grams of animal protein with each meal. If I do this, I can eat any number of carbohydrates and fat and will not get the hypoglycemic low anymore. I have recently switched to the Peat style of eating with sugar instead of starch because, even though the hypoglycemia had gone away, I was still fatigued and exhausted all the time. I've only been on the Peat style of eating (with 30 grams of animal protein at each meal) for a little bit, but I already notice a marked change in my personality and demeanor. And, the blood sugar is still holding steady, as long as I eat enough protein. Ironically, when I consume a meal that only consists of sugar for my carbs (fruit juice and milk), my blood sugar literally doesn't change at all. Measurements after an hour are somewhere about 80 mg/dl and they remain this way. If I eat starch for my carbs, my blood sugar skyrockets to 130-160 mg/dl for a couple of hours. I was amazed when I noticed this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals