Gut-Thyroid Connection: How To Fix Your Thyroid Through Your Gut

Hans

Hi all,

Thyroid is so widely prescribed and used and often times, hypothyroidism or hypothyroid symptoms are caused by gut issues and inflammation. So if you resolve that, thyroid should start working normally again and this takes away the need to take thyroid.

I've written an article on this specific article:
Gut-Thyroid connection: How to fix your thyroid through your gut » MENELITE

Let me know your thoughts.

nikotrope

Great article! I definitely notice the connection.

I've been struggling with gut inflammation for years and never found the cause until recently. Now that my gut is less inflamed, I really feel so much better. My body is warmer and I have way more energy! It's been the thing that had the biggest effect on my health.

But the main irritant is red meat... I switched to seafood and poultry and recently started supplementing zinc as I am probably going to have a deficit now that I don't eat red meat.

Lucas

Great article.

Is interesting that I became hypothyroid at the same time as introducing eggs and lentils to my diet.

I eat lentils and eggs every day, tried to take it off, but every time I don’t eat these foods I fell very, very weak.

I have joint stiffness at my 2 knees, constipation, I have sagging skin on my face and veins on my arms!

My transit time is so slow that If I eating something containing lactose (I am lactose intolerant) at morning, I will only fells the effects (gas and bloating) at the end of the night!!

I am waiting my food intolerance test results to see if some food that I eat is getting me problems.

I have taken Synthroid to control my hypothyroidism and I don’t tolerate T3 or NDT even in small doses, fells more tired and anxious with it.

I also have high ferritin and low iron saturation.

Maybe my problem is the on the gut.

Hans

Great article! I definitely notice the connection.

I've been struggling with gut inflammation for years and never found the cause until recently. Now that my gut is less inflamed, I really feel so much better. My body is warmer and I have way more energy! It's been the thing that had the biggest effect on my health.

But the main irritant is red meat... I switched to seafood and poultry and recently started supplementing zinc as I am probably going to have a deficit now that I don't eat red meat.
Interesting. I've heard of a few people that struggle to digest red meat. Have you tried digestive enzymes with the red meat before?

nikotrope

Interesting. I've heard of a few people that struggle to digest red meat. Have you tried digestive enzymes with the red meat before?

I've tried Betaine HCl (w/ pepsin) but it didn't help. I haven't tried digestive enzymes yet.

Hans

Great article.

Is interesting that I became hypothyroid at the same time as introducing eggs and lentils to my diet.

I eat lentils and eggs every day, tried to take it off, but every time I don’t eat these foods I fell very, very weak.

I have joint stiffness at my 2 knees, constipation, I have sagging skin on my face and veins on my arms!

My transit time is so slow that If I eating something containing lactose (I am lactose intolerant) at morning, I will only fells the effects (gas and bloating) at the end of the night!!

I am waiting my food intolerance test results to see if some food that I eat is getting me problems.

I have taken Synthroid to control my hypothyroidism and I don’t tolerate T3 or NDT even in small doses, fells more tired and anxious with it.

I also have high ferritin and low iron saturation.

Maybe my problem is the on the gut.
Have you tried anything else than lentils? Is it just the lentils are causing issues, or is it egg also?

Hans

I've tried Betaine HCl (w/ pepsin) but it didn't help. I haven't tried digestive enzymes yet.
Meat that is a little aged can be relatively high in endotoxin and histamine, especially ground red meat. Maybe that played a role?

nikotrope

Meat that is a little aged can be relatively high in endotoxin and histamine, especially ground red meat. Maybe that played a role?

It's hard to find red meat that isn't a little aged. I tried different cuts at the butcher shop and it was all more or less the same. Ground red meat is surely a bit worse. This weekend I'll try veal to see if I can digest it.

Ableton

the fats you are using to cook your foods at high temperature are likely having a bigger effect on your gut health than the foods you are consuming, imo

Spartan300

Thanks Hans, another nice article as always.

I'm convinced that gut issues are partly to blame for me personally. Any thoughts on giving the gut time to rest? I'm becoming convinced that the constant grazing intended to stabilise blood sugar can be detrimental. I think the gut needs to fully clear and I'm currently eating only 3 well spaced meals.

nikotrope

It sucks but every issue I've had with red meat went away when I switched to cooking with a small amount of coco oil at lowish heat and putting the butter on later.

I tried that too. I don't cook with butter anymore and I only put it afterward. No change in my case.

Ableton

i just drop heated fats altogether although I think its likely fine if you use them on low temps, but w/e

I can literally go 3 days without showering now. Before, everytime I used heated fats, I smelled like a bull

Vinny

By what reason red meat becomes irritable to the gut, do you know?

Hans

Thanks Hans, another nice article as always.

I'm convinced that gut issues are partly to blame for me personally. Any thoughts on giving the gut time to rest? I'm becoming convinced that the constant grazing intended to stabilise blood sugar can be detrimental. I think the gut needs to fully clear and I'm currently eating only 3 well spaced meals.
Well there are a few ways you can tackle it.
If you're having chronic indigestion, you can either try digestive enzymes and see if that helps, or you can use a product called Iberogast to soothe digestive upset.
If you have leaky gut, then you should also focus on fixing that. Things like bone broth, colostrum, zinc carnosine, etc., can be very helpful.

nikotrope

By what reason red meat becomes irritable to the gut, do you know?

Because of low stomach acid or low production of some digestive enzymes, the food isn’t fully digested and irritates the gut. The endotoxin and histamine is also a potential issue.

nikotrope

do you have the issues as well if you steam your meat and dont add any fat?

I haven’t tried steamed beef. I’ll try.
I’ve tried cooking it in rice porridge (a few minutes and under boiling point) but it irritated me too.