Gut Bacteria May Cause ALL Autoimmune Conditions; Antibiotics Can Cure

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Regina

No kidding. Not sure if you saw my other post on pancreatic cancer but one of the commonly used strains was found to promote cancer development/progression directly.
Gut Bacteria May Cause ALL Autoimmune Conditions; Antibiotics Can Cure
The only UTI that I have had in my life occurred after following the advice of a "gut guru". She's a nice girl so I won't mention her name. She "prescribed" me a probiotic shake made with acacia gum, raw kale, plantain flour plus a bolus dose of bifido maximus-- also a lot of fermented foods and kombucha and NO sugar and NO dairy. I had been feeling fine before this regimen. I began to feel horrible. She said it was "die-off". But eventually ended up in the emergency room.
I find it amazing how common it is these days for people to throw out a shingle as an expert. God bless their moxy, I guess.
I find the older I get the more I say (and really feel), "I'm not sure."

Regina

Peat said the exact same thing and I think there is even a quote somewhere on the forum posted by @Amazoniac sayings something along the lines of "respiratory disease has its origins in digestive toxins".
But, not in the case of asbestos (or other toxic irritant), no?

Brother John

Trying to. I want do develop something dissolved in vitamin E so that it gets into the lymphatic system very well. Currently experimenting with solvents and various antibiotics so hopefully something will come out of it.
Haidut, I'm waiting! T hanks!

raypeatclips

It's a good question to ask Peat IMO.

I asked Peat before about antibiotic resistance, I'll try dig up the answer when I'm home. The jist of the email that I remember is that he didn't seem bothered about it. Said something about the way hospitals use antibiotics wasn't the way they should be used and the problems are there.

Amazoniac

Last edited:

raypeatclips

Here we go @griesburner and @haidut this is what Peat said to me about antibiotic resistance in mid 2016.

"Most of the resistant bacteria are developed in hospitals and industrial animal production, where constant, uninterrupted, use of antibiotics invariably accumulates the resistant strains. Doctors and corporations, knowingly misusing them for increased profit, are the culprits."

LucH

1.If this were even the sole cause of it, where would we even start?
2. We want a good gut biome, and if indeed it was populated earlier in our youthful lives, how would we even start to populate it after the antibiotics erradicates lots of not all of the good bacteria
1. At first integrity of intestine wall (leaky gut).
2. Microbiome may be disturbed (dysbiosis). Inflammation and too much pathogens: bacteria or food molecules not assimilated. See Jaqueline Lagacé for details: "The end of pain".
3. Most viruses and bacteria are able to protect themselves and fold back / hide under a biofilm in case of attack (antibiotica). They will wait for an acclimatization, then increase their progress. Most bacteria and viruses have this polymorphic ability to adapt to the environment.
We need an alternative approach, or a combination with enzymes able to destroy this biofilm.1

See also if you need to be convinced how pathogen can trigger immunity . This can lead to an autoimmune disease or fouling (saturated emunctory and spilled liver):
The alteration of the gut flora may produce changes in immune function by stimulating or inhibiting localized immune factors, which then often promote functional changes in other areas of the body.
1. More details on this post, with links in English. Explanation in French
Agents naturels pour lutter contre le biofilm bactérien
Extract from the post:
biofilm
Biofilms are essentially a group of bacteria or viruses that are surrounded by a protein coating that forms a polymeric matrix. This matrix thus forms a biofilm that protects them from the immune system and antibiotics. It seems that most bacteria and viruses have this polymorphic ability to adapt to the environment. They also have the ability to communicate with each other (bacterial quorum sensing), to self-warn somehow of an attack of the immune system. Hence the interest of disrupting this communication, preferably with non-aggressive substances ...

Vinero

Here we go @griesburner and @haidut this is what Peat said to me about antibiotic resistance in mid 2016.

"Most of the resistant bacteria are developed in hospitals and industrial animal production, where constant, uninterrupted, use of antibiotics invariably accumulates the resistant strains. Doctors and corporations, knowingly misusing them for increased profit, are the culprits."
Interesting. Do you know how doctors and corporations might misuse them for increased profits?

Vinero

Prescribe them at every opportunity, even when not needed?
Isn't that what Ray Peat Danny Roddy and other peaters do? Use antibiotics in low doses a few times a week, even though they don't need it for curing a disease.
I don't think Ray thinks that frequent antibiotic use causes bacteria to become resistant, otherwise he wouldn't take them that frequently himself.

raypeatclips

Isn't that what Ray Peat Danny Roddy and other peaters do? Use antibiotics in low doses a few times a week, even though they don't need it for curing a disease.
I don't think Ray thinks that frequent antibiotic use causes bacteria to become resistant, otherwise he wouldn't take them that frequently himself.

Maybe doctors prescribe too high amounts? Peat has said he splits antibiotic tablets and takes smaller amounts I believe. Someone could maybe ask for clarification if they are interested.

Luckytype

1. At first integrity of intestine wall (leaky gut).
2. Microbiome may be disturbed (dysbiosis). Inflammation and too much pathogens: bacteria or food molecules not assimilated. See Jaqueline Lagacé for details: "The end of pain".
3. Most viruses and bacteria are able to protect themselves and fold back / hide under a biofilm in case of attack (antibiotica). They will wait for an acclimatization, then increase their progress. Most bacteria and viruses have this polymorphic ability to adapt to the environment.
We need an alternative approach, or a combination with enzymes able to destroy this biofilm.1

See also if you need to be convinced how pathogen can trigger immunity . This can lead to an autoimmune disease or fouling (saturated emunctory and spilled liver):
The alteration of the gut flora may produce changes in immune function by stimulating or inhibiting localized immune factors, which then often promote functional changes in other areas of the body.
1. More details on this post, with links in English. Explanation in French
Agents naturels pour lutter contre le biofilm bactérien
Extract from the post:
biofilm
Biofilms are essentially a group of bacteria or viruses that are surrounded by a protein coating that forms a polymeric matrix. This matrix thus forms a biofilm that protects them from the immune system and antibiotics. It seems that most bacteria and viruses have this polymorphic ability to adapt to the environment. They also have the ability to communicate with each other (bacterial quorum sensing), to self-warn somehow of an attack of the immune system. Hence the interest of disrupting this communication, preferably with non-aggressive substances ...

This is terrifying. Thanks for taking the time to type it all out and the links.

Tarmander

the phages are interesting. I have also heard that the bacillus type of bacteria secrete anti biotic substances...coagulans and subtilis I believe.

The thing about antibiotics is you can pick up certain strains that help you deal with certain types of foods that you eat regularly. Soy and cabbage come to mind...Peaters don’t eat those that often but I imagine it applies to other foods as well. I would worry a bit at losing digestive power verse some foods with antibiotics. Maybe phages and soil bacteria might be a middle ground to try before going with antibiotics?

boxers

Arent AIP style diets suppose to be very effective for autoimmune diseases?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals