OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, I have always been curious about your neurological symptoms during this period. I think myself and others might be able to relate. Can you please describe them for us?

I mentioned them in a few of the earlier Danny Roddy podcasts. Weird tingling sensations in either one of the legs, temporary numbness that goes away and returns a few weeks later, alternating weakness in either one of the legs, sometimes blurred vision, inability to concentrate, trouble sleeping, agitation/nervousness, headaches, etc. Went for 3 separate MRIs reviewed by 4 different neurologists that did not know what the other said. Each one proposed different conditions, and the only thing in common was them saying "symptoms consistent with MS". However, since the MRI never showed any lesions I was never diagnosed with anything except "tension headaches". Had an MRI for unrelated reasons in 2016. Again, no lesions, or as they say in medical lingo - "unremarkable" (knock on wood!). My PCP thought I had meningitis spreading from chronic sinusitis to the brain, as I also had fever at the time, and stiffness in the neck. It would have been funny watching 5 doctors call each other idiots for the explanations they kept coming up with, if it was not so terrifying. Not sure what was worse - the weird and scary symptoms or the slow realization that no doctor really knew anything. Turns out my predicament was not unique. George Bernard Shaw wrote a play about it - "The Doctor's Dilemma".
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...ism-speed-not-pelvic-shape.12483/#post-281833
"...All that can be said for medical popularity is that until there is a practicable alternative to blind trust in the doctor, the truth about the doctor is so terrible that we dare not face it. Moliere saw through the doctors; but he had to call them in just the same. Napoleon had no illusions about them; but he had to die under their treatment just as much as the most credulous ignoramus that ever paid sixpence for a bottle of strong medicine."

D

danishispsychic

Oh yes, I tried it for the better part of my 20s and early 30s. The combination of regular fasting, running, and avoiding carbs led me to within an inch of an MS diagnosis and all sorts of other weird neurological symptoms that simultaneously baffled and terrified the 4 different neurologists I saw, and my PCP. Prolactin and cortisol were through the roof, blood glucose was in the 100s despite me being very lean, and I was probably manic from all that cortisol. My former employer loved it. "Look at that guy that can work 24x7 and needs no sleep!", they said. Yet the doctors recommended even more fasting, exercise and avoidance of carbs.
Look, if it works for you then great. I am not here to argue, but I know what does NOT work for me and I found out the hard way.
You didnt fast correctly... but Im sure that was the old school way. All that would def mess you up.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I can relate - what did your recovery protocol from your situation?

My PCP was the only who had some ideas that did not sound like puled out of a hat. He gave me a round of antibiotics, which helped, and then wrote a note to my employer saying I need to to be a on a reduced work schedule for 4 weeks. Then he said to stop the fasting and just eat whatever I want for 4 weeks. He did not say to stop working out, but I switched from running to lifting weight because I just could not bring myself up to running 6 miles 4 times a week any more. So, I did these things and the symptoms disappeared but I did gain weight, which took 2 more years to sort out as well as some cyproheptadine, caffeine, vitamin K, aspirin and niacinamide. I mentioned using these in my older threads circa 2014, 2015.

L

lollipop

The only exercise that is beneficial is glycogen-bound - e.g. weight lifting done in a way that builds muscle and keeps lactate at bay, walking at a pace that allows you to hold a conversation without breathing through your mouth, maybe even running (subject to the same restrictions).
@haidut @Regina would you put the Qigong exercise “hold the balloon” in this category of exercise? My husband and I have been loving this and have built up to 20 min. It seems to be reducing inflammation and helping metabolism, reducing fatigue, and giving a huge burst of vital energy.

Hold The Balloon Google articles

http://developyourenergy.net/zhang-zhuang-chi-kung/holding-the-balloon-the-second-position/

http://sharepoint.bluewillowwellness.com/qigong/Shared Documents/ZHAN ZHUANG Student handoutdoc.doc

Four Paradoxes of Standing Meditation

Chi kung / Qigong

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut @Regina would you put the Qigong exercise “hold the balloon” in this category of exercise? My husband and I have been loving this and have built up to 20 min. It seems to be reducing inflammation and helping metabolism, reducing fatigue, and giving a huge burst of vital energy.

http://developyourenergy.net/zhang-zhuang-chi-kung/holding-the-balloon-the-second-position/

http://sharepoint.bluewillowwellness.com/qigong/Shared Documents/ZHAN ZHUANG Student handoutdoc.doc

Chi kung / Qigong

Probably yes, unless it leads to panting and muscle cramps the following day suggesting lactic acid was elevated more than it should.

L

lollipop

Probably yes, unless it leads to panting and muscle cramps the following day suggesting lactic acid was elevated more than it should.
Perfect. Thank you. I think if someone builds the time very slowly lactic acid can be avoided.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Perfect. Thank you. I think if someone builds the time very slowly lactic acid can be avoided.

Yes, slower movements are better for avoiding lactic acid buildup but it also depends on how much weight is being held against gravity, for how long, and how many "reps" are being done with it.

L

lollipop

Yes, slower movements are better for avoiding lactic acid buildup but it also depends on how much weight is being held against gravity, for how long, and how many "reps" are being done with it.
Cool. No reps just time spent in the pose and building up that time slowly increasing in one min intervals over days/weeks/months. Interesting about the weight being held against gravity. That of course depends on the person practicing. Great heads up and appreciate your time.

L

lollipop

We call that "tree hug meditation" lol
True that. Another name for it. My husband thinks it brings the biggest bang for the buck so to speak. Highly effective with minimal effort. We are also seeing weight loss from it.

Pointless

True that. Another name for it. My husband thinks it brings the biggest bang for the buck so to speak. Highly effective with minimal effort. We are also seeing weight loss from it.

I like more movement and variety. The 8 section brocade is my favorite and is the most powerful in terms of stress relief and spiritual Outlook and mental clarity.

L

lollipop

I like more movement and variety. The 8 section brocade is my favorite and is the most powerful in terms of stress relief and spiritual Outlook and mental clarity.
Great thank you! I will look into those more carefully. I read about them fairly quickly. I will spend more time looking into it...

Regina

Chi kung / Qigong
Yeah, that sounds great. Years ago, there was a 20 minute free video out there from a guy named Adam Atman where his qigong "opened up" different organ channels. I used to stand in my kitchen and do the mvts along with him. It was tremendously energizing. And before aikido, I would sometimes do some of the poses (to eye rolls 'what is that lunatic doing over there?') and found those static poses were a much better warm-up than the militaristic 'get your heart rate up' crowd.

L

lollipop

Yeah, that sounds great. Years ago, there was a 20 minute free video out there from a guy named Adam Atman where his qigong "opened up" different organ channels. I used to stand in my kitchen and do the mvts along with him. It was tremendously energizing. And before aikido, I would sometimes do some of the poses (to eye rolls 'what is that lunatic doing over there?') and found those static poses were a much better warm-up than the militaristic 'get your heart rate up' crowd.
Great news @Regina. Your experience confirms my experience. Thank you for sharing!

Owen B

I mentioned them in a few of the earlier Danny Roddy podcasts. Weird tingling sensations in either one of the legs, temporary numbness that goes away and returns a few weeks later, alternating weakness in either one of the legs, sometimes blurred vision, inability to concentrate, trouble sleeping, agitation/nervousness, headaches, etc. Went for 3 separate MRIs reviewed by 4 different neurologists that did not know what the other said. Each one proposed different conditions, and the only thing in common was them saying "symptoms consistent with MS". However, since the MRI never showed any lesions I was never diagnosed with anything except "tension headaches". Had an MRI for unrelated reasons in 2016. Again, no lesions, or as they say in medical lingo - "unremarkable" (knock on wood!). My PCP thought I had meningitis spreading from chronic sinusitis to the brain, as I also had fever at the time, and stiffness in the neck. It would have been funny watching 5 doctors call each other idiots for the explanations they kept coming up with, if it was not so terrifying. Not sure what was worse - the weird and scary symptoms or the slow realization that no doctor really knew anything. Turns out my predicament was not unique. George Bernard Shaw wrote a play about it - "The Doctor's Dilemma".
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...ism-speed-not-pelvic-shape.12483/#post-281833
"...All that can be said for medical popularity is that until there is a practicable alternative to blind trust in the doctor, the truth about the doctor is so terrible that we dare not face it. Moliere saw through the doctors; but he had to call them in just the same. Napoleon had no illusions about them; but he had to die under their treatment just as much as the most credulous ignoramus that ever paid sixpence for a bottle of strong medicine."
Great quote from Shaw. Very uncompromising thinker.
But credulity is only a part of it. Shaw was very fond of Samuel Butler, another free thinker. Butler nailed the link between religion and medicine. It's a crime to be sick. You feel as if you've done something wrong. Illness is the modernized version of original sin: by being sick one forfeits the right to expect more from society. You don't really deserve it.

But I've wondered how you approach a doctor's visit. Do they give you "professional courtesy" because they see you're scientifically versed? Or does that not come up? How do feel about going to a doctor? Do you have a game plan?

It's something that absolutely drives me up a wall. I'm on the verge of losing my patience. But one can't "take his business elsewhere". It's not a business. You have to genuflect.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut what antibiotics would you recommend to use to sterilize the gut?

The complete sterilization protocol includes 5 of them I think, which is probably an overkill and potentially dangerous. Regular penicillin, amoxycillin, tetracyclines, etc are probably the safest. Peat responded to a few people over email about that so it you search the thread with his email you will find more. He mentioned a few other he thought are safe.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals