Glycine Wake-up After 4 Hours

LucasZ

Hello everybody,

Does anyone know what happens when you wake up after glycine supplementation (to aid sleep) and wake up after 4 hours. It gives me really good sleep but i always wake up after 4 hours and find it hard to fall asleep.

It's the only supplement i tried which really works for my sleep.
My usual dose is around 3g - 5g

J

jb116

In a Masterjohn podcast, he spoke about how some people respond differently from different sources of glycine. Something to try is collagen versus gelatin. Or take isolated glycine with some other source of protein. I like mixing it with milk and found that stopped that odd response of waking after about 4 hours or so.

Waremu

Hello everybody,

Does anyone know what happens when you wake up after glycine supplementation (to aid sleep) and wake up after 4 hours. It gives me really good sleep but i always wake up after 4 hours and find it hard to fall asleep.

It's the only supplement i tried which really works for my sleep.
My usual dose is around 3g - 5g

Maybe try gelatin instead, since some people respond differently to gelatin and glycine. Many Glycine supplements tend to be high in fluoride or other things as well, so maybe it's contaminants in the supplement as well. Also make sure you're getting enough carbs and salt in with it, which will help keep cortisol and adrenaline lower. Might want to check your b vitamins too.

OP
L

LucasZ

In a Masterjohn podcast, he spoke about how some people respond differently from different sources of glycine. Something to try is collagen versus gelatin. Or take isolated glycine with some other source of protein. I like mixing it with milk and found that stopped that odd response of waking after about 4 hours or so.
Thanks, will try :)
I also had good effect with a tablespoon honey :) and a lower dose
Maybe try gelatin instead, since some people respond differently to gelatin and glycine. Many Glycine supplements tend to be high in fluoride or other things as well, so maybe it's contaminants in the supplement as well. Also make sure you're getting enough carbs and salt in with it, which will help keep cortisol and adrenaline lower. Might want to check your b vitamins too.
Ok will do :) see reaction above :)
Is it possible that your liver ran out of sugar after 4 hours?
Yeah that's possible indeed. Im trying it now in a lower dose with some honey. I slept longer. Last night i forgot to add honey and i woke up at 4 o'clock again.
Thanks for the tips

yerrag

Is it possible that your liver ran out of sugar after 4 hours?

That's also what I was thinking. Glycine, being an isolated amino acid, must be easy to digest. It uses blood sugar quickly during digestion. No surprise that with low blood sugar, one will wake up.

Mauritio

glycine always makes me kind of hot and flushed after i take it ...what could that possibly mean?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals