Waking Up Every 2 Or So Hours- Super Frustrating!

Cirion

I understand the frustration. I have a lot of these problems as well I haven't fully resolved. But some things that have helped me to some degree:

- Reduce/eliminate blue light especially after sunset
- Reduce/eliminate EMF's in the sleeping environment
- Eat sufficient calories / macros from each major macronutrient. Because you still weightlift, increasing calories will be especially paramount. Avoiding dietary fat is not going to be a good idea when glucose storage abilities are compromised.
- Get sufficient micronutrients
- Eat foods that agree with your current state of health/needs
- Eat dietary fat and carbohydrates at night in particular. Protein is not as useful at night because it tends to lower blood sugar. I find gelatin at night is one of the safer proteins to eat though.
- Try not to engage in anything stressful close to bed time. This includes action packed TV shows, and weightlifting. IMO, weightlifting is best limited to times when the sun is still up - between 8-4pm essentially. Continuing that line of thought, try to limit ALL physical activity to 8am-4pm. Do not decide to install a ceiling fan or put together a cabinet at 10 PM.
- Epsom salt baths are great just before bed. I should do these more, but I get lazy.

jzeno

@Nick Borcic

Hi Nick,

Here are some things that you will probably help you out:

>What are some ways to improve liver function?

Starting Today, Now
  • Potassium can help with your liver because Insulin accounts for 8% of the insulin-like action. It is believed that Potassium makes up the bulk of disposition of glucose.
Quote from Ray Peat:"Diabetologists" don't regularly measure their patients' insulin, but they usually make the assumption that insulin is the main factor regulating blood sugar. In one study, it was found that the insulin molecule itself, immunoreactive insulin, accounted for only about 8% of the serum's insulin-like action. The authors of that study believed that potassium was the main other factor in the serum that promoted the disposition of glucose. Since potassium and glucose are both always present in the blood, their effects on each other have usually been ignored.

Starting Now or Soon
  • Regular Aspirin is protective of the liver. I would recommend popping an aspirin here or there. I take several (anywhere from 5 to 11 325 mg tablets throughout the day). I take 2 right before bed to help with sleep, in particular.
Quote from Danny Roddy: Rather than damaging the liver like other over the counter anti-inflammatories, aspirin appears to play a protective role. For example, high doses of acetaminophen, the main ingredient in Tylenol, has been shown to induce severe liver damage. However in an experiment when mice were administered aspirin concurrently with the Tylenol they experienced "invulnerability to liver damage.”

Source: The Centrality of The Liver in Pattern Baldness: Estrogen, Aspirin, and IGF-1
Starting off in the Future, Semi-regular
  • Coffee enemas (a la Max Gerson protocol) help the liver detoxify even more efficiently by expanding the bile duct (allowing more waste to be removed). If your liver is having a hard time through being overworked and pulling all the glycogen stores in order to operate (thus waking you up), a coffee enema semi-regularly can help improve your bodies natural immune system by giving assistance to your liver. I think that a semi-regular coffee enema should be part of any person's regiment trying to improve their health.
Quote: "Coffee enemas have a definite effect on the colon which can be observed with an endoscope. Moreover, Wattenberg and coworkers were able to prove in 1981 that the palmitic acid found in coffee promotes the activity of the enzyme, gluthathione · s-transferase, and other ligands by manifold times above the norm . It is this enzymatic group which is responsible primarily for the conjugation of free electrophile radicals
which the gall bladder will then release."​

Source: https://www.truthseekerz.com/The.Ge...al.Program.for.Cancer.and.Other.Illnesses.pdf (Page 31-32)

32 THE GERSON THERAPY
which is responsible primarily for the conjugation of free electrophile radicals
which the gall bladder will then release. "

>What are signs of insulin sensitivity?

First off, Insulin Resistance (or sensitivity as you describe it) and Low Blood Sugar are the opposite of one-another. If you are Insulin Resistant, then you have too much sugar in the blood because even though you produce Insulin, you are Resistant (sensitive) and it does not open up locks to shuttle in the Glucose into the cell.

Conversely, if you are Low Blood Sugar, that means you do not have enough Glucose in the blood and that can be remedied by eating more sugar, more frequently--as in OJ.

So, if you have Low Blood Sugar as your tests say, then you just need more carbs. It may be more complicated then that if there's more to your unique situation.

To help with your Insulin issues, I can make a few recommendations:

Starting Today, Now
  • Again, Potassium can convert sugar without need for insulin--completely side-stepping the whole Insulin factor. Increasing your diet of Potassium-rich foods can assist your blood sugar issues because your body won't need to produce as much insulin due to the Potassium. Prunes and Prune Juice happen to be high in Potassium and high in fiber, which can assist your daily bowel movement to increase. I would look up "Peaty" (eg, low in starch) sources of Potassium in fruits and vegetables and start adding them fresh into your diet. Squeeze a glass of OJ per day; Have some cantaloupe; Eat some prunes, etc. etc. Make sure they're fresh!
Quote: Researchers in one study at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine linked low levels of potassium with high levels of insulin and glucose in people who were otherwise healthy. Low levels of potassium with high levels of insulin and glucose are both traits doctors associate with diabetes.

Source: Diabetes and Potassium: Understanding the Link
Starting Tomorrow, Soon
  • Vitamin B1, B3 (Niacin, Niacinimide) and Glycine (Gelatin) can assist with improving your use of Insulin. I take 300 mg of B3 (200 mg with breakfast, 100 mg with lunch) and I take either Niacin or Niacinimide. Something like 50 mg of each to get started is good. Gelatin can be added by the tablespoon to meals or drinks
Quote: "Because thiamine [B1] is a major factor in the metabolism of glucose, it has long been known that ingestion of simple carbohydrates, processed in the body mainly to glucose, automatically increases the need for dietary thiamine."

Source: Thiamine: One Of The Main Limiting Factors For Proper Carbohydrate Metabolism

Quote: ...Insulin insufficiency in PNDM caused by SLC19A2 deficiency can be corrected by thiamine supplementation.

Source: A Subset Of Diabetes I Can Be Cured By Vitamin B1 (thiamine)

Quote: ...Thus, supplementing diets with glycine to correct GSH deficiency and to reduce oxidative stress provides significant metabolic benefits to SF rats by improving insulin sensitivity.

Source: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/omcl/2018/2101562/

Good Thread on B1: Using Vitamins (thiamine) For Improving Glucose Control

Quote: ...The findings suggest that niacin exerts beneficial effect on adiposity, glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity, and plasma lipids, and that it specifically modulates the level of serum adiponectin under obese condition.

Source: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2314808X15000615
Without knowing anything else about your situation (stress, diet, body temp, etc.) those are safe places to begin to help you get better rest at night and stop you from waking up by helping your blood sugar issues and liver function.

Hope that helps

All the best

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals