Cant Wake Up In The Morning

D

danishispsychic

chiming in the iodine thing. for me- i have to be all loaded up with Magnesium and get my levels in a good place, and then add in the iodine. when i do iodine, i pulse dose it- like take it every 4 days or so - and then let the body detox whatever it is going to detox from it- then do it again. Epsom salt baths at night and iodine in the am is a great combo. also, of course, ice cream with salt and gelatin for dessert at night. i agree on the iodine thing- it is the only thing that i disagree with , with Dr. Peat... well that and the whole DNA gene expression thing.

Cirion

Fix your waking body temp and pulses (98.6F waking temp and 85 BPM waking pulses both measured before eating or drinking anything in the morning corresponds to perfect sleep in my personal experience from data tracking).

I pretty much guarantee if you feel awful waking up in the morning, you are well under 98F and maybe under 97.5 or even in the 96's. When I first started my journey, I had about a 96.5F waking temperature and felt HORRIBLE. I had to have upwards of 1,000 mg of caffeine to even function.

I've ALMOST fixed my sleeping problems with this method, getting very close and can consistently get 98-98.3F or better temps now and I can tell you, when my temp is 98.6F waking and pulse also 85+, I feel quite good and wake up easily and am rested.

Fixing your temp and pulses involve most of the strategies you see here so there's not a quick fix, as it is holistic and 100% correlated to your metabolism.

-- Ample carbs/calories/sugars
-- Some caffeine can be helpful
-- Avoid poisonous aminos (tryptophan,histidine,methionine,cysteine)
-- Avoid excess animal proteins (ammonia, phosphorus)
-- Get beneficial aminos (proline,alanine,glycine,etc...) through gelatin and/or amino supplementation
-- Avoid PUFA's and too much fat total
-- Get sunlight
-- Avoid man made EMF
-- Avoid stressful people and situations, don't work too hard, have at least 1-2 days a week where you "do nothing". Very important.
-- Avoid excess exercise
-- Get ample salt

These are basically my top ten or so.

I don't even take supplements anymore so I won't even recommend any. However, one I am gonna play with soon is an amino acid concoction so I get avoid the 4 deadly aminos while still meeting my protein needs.

Also and this is important

NEVER EVER use an alarm to wake up.
If you're using an alarm to wake you up, you went to bed too late.

The advice of keep constant circadian cycle is important, as is avoiding excess blue light etc, but honestly, I've found that the circadian cycle is actually more strongly correlated to eating times than light. Eat your last meal around when you want to go to bed.

Estrogen/Endotoxin/Tryptophan/Serotonin/Cortisol -> All of this leads to feeling horrible in the morning.

Last edited:

burtlancast

Dosing iodine revs your thyroid and asked for SO MANY nutrients, plus high demands on your adrenals. It's likely to have a generally negative impact at mega doses

It worked for millions of Japanese for centuries.
Despite the 50 mg iodine/day ingested over a lifetime, their rates of thyroid cancer, hypothyroidism and thyroid inflammation are amongst the lowest of all nations.

Can't ask for better proof than that.

Iceman2016

Despite the 50 mg iodine/day ingested over a lifetime, their rates of thyroid cancer, hypothyroidism and thyroid inflammation are amongst the lowest of all nations.

Is there a particular form of iodine you recommend supplementing with? What about kelp and other high dietary sources only? Would these be sufficient?

Any particular dosages you suggest?

OP
Dino D

Dino D

Fix your waking body temp and pulses (98.6F waking temp and 85 BPM waking pulses both measured before eating or drinking anything in the morning corresponds to perfect sleep in my personal experience from data tracking).

I pretty much guarantee if you feel awful waking up in the morning, you are well under 98F and maybe under 97.5 or even in the 96's. When I first started my journey, I had about a 96.5F waking temperature and felt HORRIBLE. I had to have upwards of 1,000 mg of caffeine to even function.

I've ALMOST fixed my sleeping problems with this method, getting very close and can consistently get 98-98.3F or better temps now and I can tell you, when my temp is 98.6F waking and pulse also 85+, I feel quite good and wake up easily and am rested.

Fixing your temp and pulses involve most of the strategies you see here so there's not a quick fix, as it is holistic and 100% correlated to your metabolism.

-- Ample carbs/calories/sugars
-- Some caffeine can be helpful
-- Avoid poisonous aminos (tryptophan,histidine,methionine,cysteine)
-- Avoid excess animal proteins (ammonia, phosphorus)
-- Get beneficial aminos (proline,alanine,glycine,etc...) through gelatin and/or amino supplementation
-- Avoid PUFA's and too much fat total
-- Get sunlight
-- Avoid man made EMF
-- Avoid stressful people and situations, don't work too hard, have at least 1-2 days a week where you "do nothing". Very important.
-- Avoid excess exercise
-- Get ample salt

These are basically my top ten or so.

I don't even take supplements anymore so I won't even recommend any. However, one I am gonna play with soon is an amino acid concoction so I get avoid the 4 deadly aminos while still meeting my protein needs.

Also and this is important

NEVER EVER use an alarm to wake up.
If you're using an alarm to wake you up, you went to bed too late.

The advice of keep constant circadian cycle is important, as is avoiding excess blue light etc, but honestly, I've found that the circadian cycle is actually more strongly correlated to eating times than light. Eat your last meal around when you want to go to bed.

Estrogen/Endotoxin/Tryptophan/Serotonin/Cortisol -> All of this leads to feeling horrible in the morning.

Thx, you really put in some effort... i agree with you... the only thing that is not in line is that i seam to sleep better if i dont eat close to bed... so i got also advice here not to eat after sunset... i tried the peat way, salt, sugar before bed, ice cream, protein and fat, starch, whatever but it does not work... i respect the advice that i get here and im slowly finding my way :) thx to everyone

burtlancast

Is there a particular form of iodine you recommend supplementing with? What about kelp and other high dietary sources only? Would these be sufficient?

I believe good ole' Lugol solution does the trick: it's certainly the easiest and cheapest option (you can buy potassium iodide and iodine crystals and make it yourself), although plenty of people use kelp.

Dosages are according to Guy Abraham: he states 15 mg (2 lugol drops)is the real daily dosage needed by the body. One can start with 4 times that in order to correct iodine body deficiency, which is widespread, especially in fluoride and bromide countries.
Always supplement with selenium when taking iodine.

Cirion

Thx, you really put in some effort... i agree with you... the only thing that is not in line is that i seam to sleep better if i dont eat close to bed... so i got also advice here not to eat after sunset... i tried the peat way, salt, sugar before bed, ice cream, protein and fat, starch, whatever but it does not work... i respect the advice that i get here and im slowly finding my way :) thx to everyone

For what it's worth, and this is just me, but:

Ice cream and protein are both common suggestions as you said and neither work for me. Nor does fat.

Protein causes all sorts of havoc on your body whether its from the tryptophan, histidine, cysteine, methionine, ammonia, or phosphorus... That's quite the list of problems. So, I've opted to stop eating animal protein entirely and supplement directly the only amino acids that are actually helpful. to deplete myself of those 4 AA"s and avoid ammonia/phosphorus entirely. This is a POWERFUL problem that I think most forum members here don't respect. There's a reason why Vegan is a popular diet. It works. But, eventually Vegans get protein deficiency. Hence supplementing the other AA's.

Ice cream was a horrible food for me. It reliably tanked my body temperatures in the morning. As does eating too high fat period.

Eating before bed is only a bad idea if you eat inflammation/endotoxin promoting foods like high protein, ice cream. Eat metabolic promoting foods, and its fine.

If I eat protein, ice cream, fat etc before bed I can almost guarantee my waking temps the next day will be bad. Even gelatin, I notice, can generate ammonia, but out of all proteins, gelatin is pretty safe.

Last edited:

sunraiser

The Japanese get about 400mcg iodine per day - go look it up. They also eat lots of goitrogenic foods.

The studies you're referring to have been strongly questioned and are only propped up by the people that SELL lugols and other iodine megadose sources.

I'm glad it works for you but the Japanese unequivocally do not take in 50mg iodine per day.

Iodine, especially to a person with metabolic health issues, can be absolutely life alteringly bad. Perhaps you're lucky enough to not have sunk so low but it's reckless to recommend such a dose of a thyroid revving substance, let alone lugols that can cause massive detox and overwhelming of the liver.

I don't have anything more to add - I don't want it to become about "winning" an argument - I have been through the whole iodine tease and suffered for it, and seen many others absolutely ruin their health with it, too.

Perhaps it works well for you, but it's not sensible in many circumstances and you should consider that fact before casually suggesting something to vulnerable and exhausted people.

Last edited:

burtlancast

The Japanese get about 400mcg iodine per day - go look it up. They also eat lots of goitrogenic foods.

The studies you're referring to have been strongly questioned and are only propped up by the people that SELL lugols and other iodine megadose sources.

I'm glad it works for you but the Japanese unequivocally do not take in 50mg iodine per day.

"According
to the Japanese Ministry of Health and Welfare, the
average daily intake of seaweed is 4.6 gm. At an average
of 0.3% I content (range = 0.08-0.45%), that is an
estimated daily I intake of 13.8 mg
."

"A recent study (1993) of 2,956 men and 1,182
women residing in the non-coastal city of Sapporo, Japan,
8 revealed a urine concentration of I in spot urine
samples, with a mean value of 3.4 mg/L, corresponding
to an estimated daily intake averaging 5.3 mg. This
relatively low I intake by Japanese standard, is more
than 30 times the recommended daily amount of I in
North America and Europe
."

Optimum Levels of Iodine for Greatest Mental and Physical Health, Guy. E. Abraham M.D., Jorge D. Flechas M.D. and John C. Hakala R.Ph

That's not 50 mg, but certainly above the 400 mcg you incorrectly alleged. Abraham cites a level of 13.8 mg daily on average for all Japanese, with some taking dosages many times above that range.

Four thousands people is certainly a large enough statistical pool to demonstrate Japanese eat iodine levels one order above the daily recommended dosage.

Last edited:

olive

Potassium iodide is certainly safer than Lugol’s. @Travis has talked about it in detail.
100-200mcg/day is the dose I personally set for myself after lots of research.

sunraiser

"According
."

North America and Europe
."

Optimum Levels of Iodine for Greatest Mental and Physical Health, Guy. E. Abraham M.D., Jorge D. Flechas M.D. and John C. Hakala R.Ph

That's not 50 mg, but certainly above the 400 mcg you incorrectly alleged. Abraham cites a level of 13.8 mg daily on average for all Japanese, with some taking dosages many times above that range.

Four thousands people is certainly a large enough statistical pool to demonstrate Japanese eat iodine levels one order above the daily recommended dosage.

See the authors of the study you linked? Those people sell iodine.

Is Japan an iodine excess country? Current iodine status assessed by urinary iodine and food frequency questionnaire | ICEECE2012

Assessment of Japanese iodine intake based on seaweed consumption in Japan: A literature-based analysis

Those two links show much lower values (and it's hard considering the processing of seaweed) and don't have an absolutely glaring conflict of interest. They also align much more with common sense considering basically no intuitive diet in human history has had even close to those levels of iodine intake.

burtlancast

So, NORIMICHI KONNO, KENJI YURI,
KINIcHI MIURA, MITSURU KUMAGAI, SHIGEKI MURAKAMI, and the whole Japanese Ministry of Health and Welfare sell Lugol ?

News to me.

Beefcake

"According
."

North America and Europe
."

Is Japan an iodine excess country? Current iodine status assessed by urinary iodine and food frequency questionnaire | ICEECE2012

Assessment of Japanese iodine intake based on seaweed consumption in Japan: A literature-based analysis

Those two links show much lower values (and it's hard considering the processing of seaweed) and don't have an absolutely glaring conflict of interest. They also align much more with common sense considering basically no intuitive diet in human history has had even close to those levels of iodine intake.

In a population, a study carried out in Liaoning Province, China it was shown that intake of iodine that exceeded 250 – 499 μg/L led to iodine deficiency disorder (hypothyroidism).
This is due to the so-called Wolff–Chaikoff effect when an excess of iodine leads to a decrease in hormone production by the thyroid gland.

Iodine intake in pregnancy—even a little excess is too much

Congenital Hypothyroidism Caused by Excess Prenatal Maternal Iodine Ingestion

I personally used Iodine lugols while testing my thyroid twice and saw a massive increase in TSH with an decrease of both T4 and T3. My doctor wanted to diagnose me with hypothyroidism but he ordered one more test for me to take a month later. I did suspect it to be the iodine coz Ive read about it causing hypo in excess so I stopped the lugols and the next thyroid test I had my levels was in range again.

There so much on the internet about this and I see it happen over and over. Maybe some people can handle excess iodine but one should be aware and careful.

andrei

For what it's worth, and this is just me, but:

Ice cream and protein are both common suggestions as you said and neither work for me. Nor does fat.

Protein causes all sorts of havoc on your body whether its from the tryptophan, histidine, cysteine, methionine, ammonia, or phosphorus... That's quite the list of problems. So, I've opted to stop eating animal protein entirely and supplement directly the only amino acids that are actually helpful. to deplete myself of those 4 AA"s and avoid ammonia/phosphorus entirely. This is a POWERFUL problem that I think most forum members here don't respect. There's a reason why Vegan is a popular diet. It works. But, eventually Vegans get protein deficiency. Hence supplementing the other AA's.

Ice cream was a horrible food for me. It reliably tanked my body temperatures in the morning. As does eating too high fat period.

Eating before bed is only a bad idea if you eat inflammation/endotoxin promoting foods like high protein, ice cream. Eat metabolic promoting foods, and its fine.

If I eat protein, ice cream, fat etc before bed I can almost guarantee my waking temps the next day will be bad. Even gelatin, I notice, can generate ammonia, but out of all proteins, gelatin is pretty safe.
I like what you say about animal protein. Animal protein is the only determinant of me feeling worse than usual. I also quit it and eat now as a vegan. But my primary food is potatoes which is rich in protein. Plus some fruits. I don't get protein deficiency. But i am also looking for aminos supplement. The thing is they are expensive.

Beefcake

I like what you say about animal protein. Animal protein is the only determinant of me feeling worse than usual. I also quit it and eat now as a vegan. But my primary food is potatoes which is rich in protein. Plus some fruits. I don't get protein deficiency. But i am also looking for aminos supplement. The thing is they are expensive.

If you’re going vegan there’s several nutrients I’d think about supplementing. Like B12 and maybe the fat soulable also some minerlas can be harder to get. At least keep an eye on them. No hate just trying to help.

andrei

If you’re going vegan there’s several nutrients I’d think about supplementing. Like B12 and maybe the fat soulable also some minerlas can be harder to get. At least keep an eye on them. No hate just trying to help.
I do supplement. B vitamins (energin); kuinone sometimes; liver sometimes; eggs sometimes. Im not hardcore vegan :)

burtlancast

I think iodide ions (I⁻) are preferred, and although sodium iodide can be found the potassium salt is more available. The iodide ion appears to compete with chloride (Cl⁻) in the extracellular space, yet has a far greater affinity for α-linked polysaccharides like glycogen. I would imagine that most of the extrathyroidal 'iodine body store'—at least in coastal populations—would exist as I⁻ ions in extracellular fluid, lymph, and plasma associated with polysaccharides. Yet iodide it also lipid-soluble, far more than chloride, so some iodide should also be found associated with lipid bilayers.

This has been used for over a century in gram-sized doses per day, and with very few side effects reported in the 1–3 g/d range. Dose levels of 30 grams KI per day for weeks is dangerous, with two reported fatalities, yet hyperkalemia had been blamed for these and not the iodide ion (I⁻). Due to it's unusual pharmacokinetics: plasma I⁻ levels don't appear to ever reach levels needed for the Wolf Chaikoff Effect to occur, which has only demonstrated through ¹³¹I⁻ injection. To accurately gauge the toxicity of the I⁻ ion, a mixture of both Na⁺[HCO₃⁻] and KI would probably be needed to prevent hyperkalemia.

Yet most iodide is sold in the milligram range, often three orders of magnitude greater average American daily intakes. Since the carrageenan found in seaweeds strongly bind iodide, the coastal Japanese generally get about 3 mg per day.

burtlancast

In a population, a study carried out in Liaoning Province, China it was shown that intake of iodine that exceeded 250 – 499 μg/L led to iodine deficiency disorder (hypothyroidism).

From your paper:

Levels of 250 – 499 μg/L are associated with a 1.2% incidence of overt hypothyroidism.

Levels above 500 μg/L are associated with a 0.9% incidence of overt hypothyroidism.

And your point is ??

burtlancast

"The literature search revealed that 60 million mainland
Japanese consume a daily average of 13.8 mg of elemental
iodine, and Japan is one of the healthiest nations, based
on overall well-being and cancer statistics.Japanese
women do not stop consuming iodine-rich foods during
pregnancy, and Japanese fetuses are exposed to maternal
peripheral levels of iodide at concentrations of 10-5M to
10-6M. Either the Japanese are mutants, capable of
thriving on toxic levels of iodine or we have been
grossly deceived, and the human body needs at least 100
times the RDA, which was established very recently in 1980 and confirmed in 1989!"

The Historical Background of the Iodine Project, Guy. E. Abraham M.D.

If your articles are true, then the statistics should show a massive incidence of congenital hypothyroidism in Japan, year after year, because Japanese women don't stop ingesting sea weeds during pregnancy.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals