Cant Wake Up In The Morning

Dino D

So,
Sometimes i have insomnia, and sometimes i have periods when i can not wake up in the morning (in those periods I ussually dont have insomnia but I dont sleep that good)...
Its not important how i slept, but when that period comes when the alarm rings i feel like heavily sedated and i have big strugle to wake up... there were periods when I couldnt get up for 3-4 hours and i had like 50 alarms, i stop the alarm and fall back into the ,,coma state" (its not true sleep)...
What could that be?

Background: I Fixed My Insomnia For One Weak With WHEY Protein

olive

Broken circadian rhythm.

Allow sun to reach retina in early morning. Don’t eat past sundown. Go to bed at the same time each night. Wake naturally with the sun, not with an alarm - aka move bed under window and leave blinds open. Wear blue blocking glasses past sundown. Stop taking niacinamide outside of the morning. Etc.

burtlancast

Take magnesium (2 gr per day) and iodine ( 20 mg-50mg per day): it regularises sleep cycles.

OP
Dino D

Dino D

Broken circadian rhythm.

Allow sun to reach retina in early morning. Don’t eat past sundown. Go to bed at the same time each night. Wake naturally with the sun, not with an alarm - aka move bed under window and leave blinds open. Wear blue blocking glasses past sundown. Stop taking niacinamide outside of the morning. Etc.
good advice, i sleep better if not eating late but never focused on it... i wake up easier with sunlight but i sleep in the dark... so i will implement your advice :)

OP
Dino D

Dino D

Take magnesium (2 gr per day) and iodine ( 20 mg-50mg per day): it regularises sleep cycles.
i tried to take magnesium malate or glycinate (under 1gram) and I'm not sure that it is good for me... iodine also-it makes me tense I think... those two could give me insomnia,,, but ok I will have it on my mind... ;)

burtlancast

Iodine has a clear effect on sleep quality: it makes it deeper and your dreams are more vivid: everyone i talked to had the same reaction in that regard.

opson123

Transdermal magnesium? I've tried many forms of oral magnesium and my bowel tolerance is extremely low. 2g dose, even spread into many small doses would probably give me a week of non stop liquid poop.

burtlancast

Even oral magnesium chloride ? It's the better absorbed one, because of the chloride ion.

Vit B6 and Taurine taken toegether helps for an even better absorbtion.

Iceman2016

Should these be taken at a particular time of day? Such as earlier in the day, after sundown, an hour before bed, etc? Or just whenever?

Iceman2016

Iodine has a clear effect on sleep quality: it makes it deeper and your dreams are more vivid: everyone i talked to had the same reaction in that regard.

Don't RP and others here on RPF advocate against supplenting iodine? I've thought about it but read some posts/studies here connecting supplementing iodine to thyroid problems/cancer.

burtlancast

Peat is clearly wrong about iodine, just as he's clearly wrong about the A1-A2 milk issue.

burtlancast

Should these be taken at a particular time of day? Such as earlier in the day, after sundown, an hour before bed, etc? Or just whenever?

Whatever, except not to take them at least 4 hours before bedtime, as the influx of energy might disturb it.

sunraiser

I don't have that reaction. Iodine helps at first but in the past has resulted in a crash, for me. The only time I have ever felt what I perceive to be "hypothyroid" in a strong way is after iodine usage.

Taking lugols was an awful decision. I'm not trying to undermine your experience, just sharing that it doesn't always help.

Beefcake

So,
Sometimes i have insomnia, and sometimes i have periods when i can not wake up in the morning (in those periods I ussually dont have insomnia but I dont sleep that good)...
Its not important how i slept, but when that period comes when the alarm rings i feel like heavily sedated and i have big strugle to wake up... there were periods when I couldnt get up for 3-4 hours and i had like 50 alarms, i stop the alarm and fall back into the ,,coma state" (its not true sleep)...
What could that be?

Background: I Fixed My Insomnia For One Weak With WHEY Protein

It’s lack of dopamine. Could be many things but vitamin D and Iron seems to be the ones you should try. I personally had success with both of those giving me huge amount of energy. My sleep went from minimum 10 hours to 7-8 hours waking up fresh without an alarm.
Also focus on getting to bed same time. Avoid blue light exposure in the evening or at least get dimmers. Wake up same time and get light in your eyes as fast as you can. Eat food the same time everday if possible. This also helps to ground your cicardian rhythm. And do some light activity in the morning. Go out for a walk or a run.

burtlancast

The only time I have ever felt what I perceive to be "hypothyroid" in a strong way is after iodine usage.

Are you sure about that ?

According to your thread, just about everything seems to make you worse, magnesium included.

You're a very unlucky person it seems.

OP
Dino D

Dino D

It’s lack of dopamine. Could be many things but vitamin D and Iron seems to be the ones you should try. I personally had success with both of those giving me huge amount of energy. My sleep went from minimum 10 hours to 7-8 hours waking up fresh without an alarm.
Also focus on getting to bed same time. Avoid blue light exposure in the evening or at least get dimmers. Wake up same time and get light in your eyes as fast as you can. Eat food the same time everday if possible. This also helps to ground your cicardian rhythm. And do some light activity in the morning. Go out for a walk or a run.
Iron supps always help... but red meat, and fatty red meat makes me feel tired and sluggish... its ok to supplement iron? What dosage?

Sunshine and iron do help me :)

Beefcake

Iron supps always help... but red meat, and fatty red meat makes me feel tired and sluggish... its ok to supplement iron? What dosage?

Sunshine and iron do help me :)

If it helps then it means you need it. As @Travis mentioned somewhere if you’re going to supplement iron the glycinate/bisglycinate form is likely prefered since it sorta forms a complex around the iron to form a shell as in iron sulphate probably causes more oxidative stress. You can take iron in conjunction with antioxidants like vitamin E to also ward of oxidation. Likely reason why meat makes you tired is first off it aint really that high in iron and its very high in zinc. Zinc antagonise iron absorption and depletes your cells of iron. I would recommend liver since it contains more iron and also copper and retinol which both are needed for iron absorption and utilization. Vitamin D also increases iron absorption by supressing hepcidin and some other mechanism I don’t fully understand. 1000-2000 IU per day is enough. Regarding iron dosage 25mg of iron bisglycinate daily seem to be enough since its absorption is superior to regular iron sulphate. Also having good gut health seems vital to proper iron absorption. I can imagine lysine and ginger which inhibits serotonin synthesis in the gut to be very helpful.
Ferrous sulphate AC631727-A900-433C-86BB-4523996AFCBF.jpeg
Ferrous bisglycinate 5C8FE7E3-1103-449E-BEB3-306E32490585.jpeg

Last edited:

rei

Anything that interferes with cortisol production will have that effect, i seem to have sluggish mornings if i take tribulus anywehere during the day except in the morning.

Hermes

That sounds very similar to my situation: Every second day I sleep really badly. I may lay wide awake until 3/4 am and then fall asleep. Usually I get up around 7 am. The next evening I collapse and the whole thing begins again. It's definitely gut related. Probably no starch und no meat in the evening helps. Sometimes it nevertheless happens, that sleep is terribly delayed.

@burtlancast
Magnesium works fine in relaxing muscles and calming down thoughts. Iodine is helfpul in falling asleep. Not sure about long-term usage as it may increase TSH. Surely it works fine as an antibacterial agent.

sunraiser

Are you sure about that ?

According to your thread, just about everything seems to make you worse, magnesium included.

You're a very unlucky person it seems.

That was a long time ago after unimaginably severe overtraining. However, you don't have to look very far beyond me to find people that have awful reactions to lugols or iodine.

So many people have issues with bastardised mineral and vitamin metabolism and it can become very complex. Dosing iodine revs your thyroid and asked for SO MANY nutrients, plus high demands on your adrenals. It's likely to have a generally negative impact at mega doses (though a small kelp supplement might do good, for some).

It's really basic level physiology, as opposed to bad luck.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals