Gaining Muscle Olympic Weightlifting With Peat-style Nutrition

visionofstrength said:
aquaman said:
and posting pictures is very useful...
I don't have any pics to post, as it happens. I actually don't have a camera or even a phone with a camera. My computer doesn't even have a web cam. I've literally never taken a single pic of myself, a selfie. Sorry to disappoint!

I think I have been snapped in photos taken by family and friends, but never naked from the waist up.

Then why did you say you'd take a picture of your waist with a current newspaper?

No one is saying aspirin, caffeine, t3 etc don't act as uncouplers.

I'm challenging your claims that you eat 4-6kcal, while being sedentary and remain under 10% body fat.

Now unless you're going to post a picture of your waistline like you said you would, please drop the matter, you're just embarrassing yourself with your continuous dodging and squirming. We already know you're full of -- quite frankly -- B.S.

johns74

cantstoppeating said:
Now unless you're going to post a picture of your waistline like you said you would, please drop the matter, you're just embarrassing yourself

For what it's worth, VoS, I find your posts among the most valuable on the site, so I hope you keep posting more.

aquaman said:
I HAVE tried all his uncouplers for over a year, in regular quantities. I've eaten largely fructose and milk proteins for a year just as you suggest.

I got fatter - significantly. So do most people on this site.

If it were as simple as you say, the predominance would be people losing weight, whereas it's the opposite. And don't say it's dose dependent, if one dose works then taking the same things in a decent quantity every day would not make someone fatter, it may just not have the same "MIRACLE" effect, but you'd still lose some weight at the wrong dose or timing.
I think it's an important question, given the immediate link between fat and metabolic rate, and between metabolic rate and everything else, good and bad.

In short, here are Ray Peat's suggested daily allowances --- which Jennifer has coined the RDA (Ray's Daily Allowances) --- for the various Peatian foods and supplements, gathered mostly from email exchanges.

If you're gaining weight as bodyfat, or having other metabolic issues, just ask yourself, are you getting Ray's Daily Allowances?!!

UNCOUPLERS
  • Thyroid: 40 mcg T4/10 mcg T3 once a day; 3 mcg T3 every few hours. Chew it up before swallowing.

Coffee: equivalent of 18 cups regular strength, 4.5 cups at 4x strength

Aspirin: 1 gram either in morning OR at bedtime, .5 grams every four hours through the day

Sleep: 8-8.5 hours, sound without panic, nightmares, or frequent waking

Red light: 750 watts clear flood incandescent, as needed depending on season for a total of 15 hours daylight.

CO2/bicarbonate: supplement with breathing or ingestion as needed, until 5-6% in exhaled breath;
MINERALS
  • Magnesium: 2 grams spread over the course of the day, to bowel tolerance, preferably in milk (27 mg per cup) , coffee (7 mg per cup) or magnesium bicarbonate (~50 mg per ounce).

Calcium: 5 grams spread over the course of the day, to bowel tolerance, preferably in milk (305 mg per cup) or calcium bicarbonate (~35 mg per ounce).

Sodium: salt food generously to taste

Potassium: one quart of orange juice.
PROTECTIVE STEROIDS
  • Progesterone: men - one drop men (3 mg); women - three drops (10 mg). frequency: as needed to resolve symptoms, provided thyroid (and for men DHEA/testosterone) is also supplemented in balance.

DHEA/testosterone: men - trace amount (5 mg) mixed with drop of progesterone; frequency: every few hours as needed to resolve symptoms (i.e., low testosterone).
NAD+/NADH (anti-lipolytic)
  • Niacinamide: 250 mg every few hours

Aspirin: see above, uncouplers.
GSH/GSSG (Tissue oxidation)
  • Thiamine: 300 mg every few hours

DMSO/MSM: if needed for therapeutic purposes

Methylene blue: suggested dosage not yet referenced in Peat's email. Studies say 2 mg/kg of bodyweight is safe.
FAT
  • IMPORTANT: 0-2% unsaturated fat!!!

Coconut/MCT oil: a teaspoon several times throughout the day, depending on activity and energy requirements.

Egg yolks: for fat soluble nutrients, one or two, depending on bodyweight

Liver: for fat soluble nutrients, once a week, or every few days, depending on bodyweight
PROTEIN
  • 2-3g/kg of body weight, divided into doses every two hours.* More if very active.

Gelatin: 6 tablespoons a day (42 grams protein)

Nonfat milk/cottage cheese: the rest

Potato juice: if digestion is impaired.

Very lean meat with cartilage intact: occasionally.
SUGAR
  • At least equal to protein intake. More if high cortisol or adrenaline.

Orange juice: 1 liter per 70 kg of bodyweight; ripe, no pulp.

Nonfat milk (lactose) or fruit sugar (fructose): the rest
VITAMINS
  • A: 5,000 IU; increase as needed if high stress

D: 1,000 IU; in 5:1 proportion to Vitamin A.

E: 400 mg/70 kg bodyweight

K2: 15-45 drops depending on liver function.
TRACE MINERALS
  • A few oysters once a week, or scallops.
ENDOTOXINS
  • Raw carrot; 1 per day, grated and then rinsed chewed well, with salt and coconut oil.

Activated charcoal: if digestive upset, 1/4 cup.

*See haidut's posts on protein dosing:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4085&p=49284
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4099&p=49517

cantstoppeating said:

I'm challenging your claims that you eat 4-6kcal, while being sedentary and remain under 10% body fat.
Then we agree! No one is saying that fructose, casein and MCT oil don't act as uncouplers, or that by eating 4-6M calories of only those foods anyone ever gained a pound of bodyfat, or didn't gain muscle, including a number studies posted by others on this forum.

Put another way, the idea is you will not gain bodyfat, but will gain muscle, which in turn decreases the your percentage of bodyfat -- by eating only those foods, divided into sufficiently small, frequent doses over the day.

There's nothing hyperbolic about it. And since it's so simple and immediate to test for yourself, I mean, I feel like you maybe just don't want to test it? Any more than I want to put a half-naked pic of myself for everyone to see! (though I haven't ruled it out...)

visionofstrength said:
cantstoppeating said:

Then we agree! No one is saying that fructose, casein and MCT oil don't act as uncouplers, or that by eating 4-6M calories of only those foods anyone ever gained a pound of bodyfat, or didn't gain muscle, including a number studies posted by others on this forum.

Put another way, the idea is you will not gain bodyfat, but will gain muscle, which in turn decreases the your percentage of bodyfat -- by eating only those foods, divided into sufficiently small, frequent doses over the day.

There's nothing hyperbolic about it. And since it's so simple and immediate to test for yourself, I mean, I feel like you maybe just don't want to test it? Any more than I want to put a half-naked pic of myself for everyone to see! (though I haven't ruled it out...)

Yes, the "idea".

Please, just stop already.

Jennifer

visionofstrength said:
Any more than I want to put a half-naked pic of myself for everyone to see! (though I haven't ruled it out...)
I'll post pics if you post pics. :mrgreen: Just playing!

You guys have quite the Olympic style debate going on. If you don't mind me stealing your attention for just a moment, I'd really appreciate it if you guys could answers some questions for me?

Does anyone know how many grams of protein are in a cup of potato protein soup?

Would green juice (yuck!) have the same quality protein as PPS?

And if I'm looking to gain back weight or at least halt weight loss, will protein help in this regard and if so, roughly how many grams of protein should I be shooting for each day? I read a comment in another thread that mentioned Ray saying anywhere from 150 - 200 grams is fine if your thyroid is good. Does that seem accurate?

Lastly, is it true that carbs spare protein?

Thanks a bunch guys! :)

dd99

VoS, I'm with johns74. You've contributed a great deal to the site and I enjoy reading your posts.

I still remember the other Getting Ripped with Doctor Peat... pages and pages, guys. Thousands of words. Good thing it's not paper.

Jennifer said:
visionofstrength said:
Any more than I want to put a half-naked pic of myself for everyone to see! (though I haven't ruled it out...)
I'll post pics if you post pics. :mrgreen: Just playing!
I am so busted now! You are really calling me out! OK player, I am heading out to buy some sort of a new-fangled camera thingie, so you better get yourself all selfied up!
Jennifer said:
You guys have quite the Olympic style debate going on. If you don't mind me stealing your attention for just a moment, I'd really appreciate it if you guys could answers some questions for me?

Does anyone know how many grams of protein are in a cup of potato protein soup?
One pound of potatoes has 8 grams of protein. You might need to measure to see how many cups you get from the number of pounds you start with.

Jennifer said:
Would green juice (yuck!) have the same quality protein as PPS?
Unlikely, I think, without knowing what the green juice is, unless it's made from potatoes.

Jennifer said:
And if I'm looking to gain back weight or at least halt weight loss, will protein help in this regard and if so, roughly how many grams of protein should I be shooting for each day? I read a comment in another thread that mentioned Ray saying anywhere from 150 - 200 grams is fine if your thyroid is good. Does that seem accurate?
With at least equal amounts of fruit sugar, yes. But if you go by bodyweight, 2-3 grams/kg. 100 pounds equals 45 kilograms.

Jennifer said:
Lastly, is it true that carbs spare protein?
Yes, but please can this be firstly, not lastly? Lastly means no more!
Jennifer said:
Thanks a bunch guys! :)
Thanks for coining RDA!

dd99 said:
VoS, I'm with johns74. You've contributed a great deal to the site and I enjoy reading your posts.
Likewise, my friend. I always look forward to your posts.

Such_Saturation said:
I still remember the other Getting Ripped with Doctor Peat... pages and pages, guys. Thousands of words. Good thing it's not paper.
Yes, well, you never chimed in over there! So now, come on, let's hear it!

Fructose, casein and MCT oil: are they uncouplers? Yay or Nay!

From personal experience? Or in theory?

Careful how you answer or Jennifer might ask you for pics! :mrgreen:

Jennifer

visionofstrength said:
I am so busted now! You are really calling me out! OK player, I am heading out to buy some sort of a new-fangled camera thingie, so you better get yourself all selfied up!
Oh boy! New-fangled camera thingie? We're in trouble! You're about as good with a camera as I am at scanning photos onto a computer, aren't you? We might want to think about hiring Lindsay to take our pictures. She's a really good photographer and if we're going to do this, we need to do this right. We need to look smokin' hot! Hehe!

visionofstrength said:
Yes, but please can this be firstly, not lastly? Lastly means no more!
Okay! But I'll probably have a lot of questions and soon you guys will want to ban me from the thread.

visionofstrength said:
Thanks for coining RDA!
Haha! You're welcome and thanks so much for answering my questions! You're the best! :)

Jennifer

visionofstrength said:
Careful how you answer or Jennifer might ask you for pics! :mrgreen:
Oh geez! How did I become that girl? That's it! I'm out of here! I'm heading over to my log to journal my feelings and get right with myself. :lol:

visionofstrength said:
aquaman said:
I HAVE tried all his uncouplers for over a year, in regular quantities. I've eaten largely fructose and milk proteins for a year just as you suggest.

If it were as simple as you say, the predominance would be people losing weight, whereas it's the opposite. And don't say it's dose dependent, if one dose works then taking the same things in a decent quantity every day would not make someone fatter, it may just not have the same "MIRACLE" effect, but you'd still lose some weight at the wrong dose or timing.
I think it's an important question, given the immediate link between fat and metabolic rate, and between metabolic rate and everything else, good and bad.

In short, here are Ray Peat's suggested daily allowances --- which Jennifer has coined the RDA (Ray's Daily Allowances) --- for the various Peatian foods and supplements, gathered mostly from email exchanges.

If you're gaining weight as bodyfat, or having other metabolic issues, just ask yourself, are you getting Ray's Daily Allowances?!!

UNCOUPLERS
  • Thyroid: 40 mcg T4/10 mcg T3 once a day; 3 mcg T3 every few hours. Chew it up before swallowing.

Coffee: equivalent of 18 cups regular strength, 4.5 cups at 4x strength

Aspirin: 1 gram either in morning OR at bedtime, .5 grams every four hours through the day

Sleep: 8-8.5 hours, sound without panic, nightmares, or frequent waking

Red light: 750 watts clear flood incandescent, as needed depending on season for a total of 15 hours daylight.

CO2/bicarbonate: supplement with breathing or ingestion as needed, until 5-6% in exhaled breath;
MINERALS
  • Magnesium: 2 grams spread over the course of the day, to bowel tolerance, preferably in milk (27 mg per cup) , coffee (7 mg per cup) or magnesium bicarbonate (~50 mg per ounce).

Calcium: 5 grams spread over the course of the day, to bowel tolerance, preferably in milk (305 mg per cup) or calcium bicarbonate (~35 mg per ounce).

Sodium: salt food generously to taste

Potassium: one quart of orange juice.
PROTECTIVE STEROIDS
  • Progesterone: men - one drop men (3 mg); women - three drops (10 mg). frequency: as needed to resolve symptoms, provided thyroid (and for men DHEA/testosterone) is also supplemented in balance.

DHEA/testosterone: men - trace amount (5 mg) mixed with drop of progesterone; frequency: every few hours as needed to resolve symptoms (i.e., low testosterone).
NAD+/NADH (anti-lipolytic)
  • Niacinamide: 250 mg every few hours

Aspirin: see above, uncouplers.
GSH/GSSG (Tissue oxidation)
  • Thiamine: 300 mg every few hours

DMSO/MSM: if needed for therapeutic purposes

Methylene blue: suggested dosage not yet referenced in Peat's email. Studies say 2 mg/kg of bodyweight is safe.
FAT
  • IMPORTANT: 0-2% unsaturated fat!!!

Coconut/MCT oil: a teaspoon several times throughout the day, depending on activity and energy requirements.

Egg yolks: for fat soluble nutrients, one or two, depending on bodyweight

Liver: for fat soluble nutrients, once a week, or every few days, depending on bodyweight
PROTEIN
  • 2-3g/kg of body weight, divided into doses every two hours.* More if very active.

Gelatin: 6 tablespoons a day (42 grams protein)

Nonfat milk/cottage cheese: the rest

Potato juice: if digestion is impaired.

Very lean meat with cartilage intact: occasionally.
SUGAR
  • At least equal to protein intake. More if high cortisol or adrenaline.

Orange juice: 1 liter per 70 kg of bodyweight; ripe, no pulp.

Nonfat milk (lactose) or fruit sugar (fructose): the rest
VITAMINS
  • A: 5,000 IU; increase as needed if high stress

D: 1,000 IU; in 5:1 proportion to Vitamin A.

E: 400 mg/70 kg bodyweight

K2: 15-45 drops depending on liver function.
TRACE MINERALS
  • A few oysters once a week, or scallops.
ENDOTOXINS
  • Raw carrot; 1 per day, grated and then rinsed chewed well, with salt and coconut oil.

Activated charcoal: if digestive upset, 1/4 cup.

*See haidut's posts on protein dosing:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4085&p=49284
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4099&p=49517

This is really smart although expensive from the gelatin. You don't risk fatty liver because there's no fat almost. Never felt well on that much thyroid though.

aquaman

OK let's just wait until someone on this forum is able to post pictures of pre-uncouplers/VoS's routine, being fat..

and then miraculously losing all that fat some months after starting his routine.

until then it's just promises and pubmed studies.

BTW, I really want this to be true :)

aquaman

johns74 said:
aquaman said:

How do you know most people gain? Did you take a poll?

Just read the forum. even VoS didn't lose fat, he gained muslce as he was probably hypermetabolic and undermuscled, and ate a ton more calories.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals