Food Temperature, Texture, and Digestion

Runenight201

Is there science behind food temperature, texture, and digestion? If I boil potatoes, then add ghee and salt on them, and then put it in the fridge, and eat it an hour later, will this dish digest differently than if I were to boil the potatoes, and sauté them in ghee and salt and then eat right away? The latter would taste way better, but would it digest easier? And in turn, by digesting easier, wouldn't it then have better metabolic effects compared to the former? Especially if food isn't being digested properly, that could lead to endotoxin and its whole cascade of negative effects....

Jennifer

I would think the former would be more difficult to digest because it will have turned into, or partially into, resistent starch, but then there are people who claim resistent starch optimized their digestion by feeding the “good” bacteria so maybe try it out for yourself and see how you do with it?

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I would think the former would be more difficult to digest because it will have turned into, or partially into, resistent starch, but then there are people who claim resistent starch optimized their digestion by feeding the “good” bacteria so maybe try it out for yourself and see how you do with it?

The thought of it is very unattractive to me tbh.... but anything for good health I guess? Do these people eat cold potatoes then? Or do they re-heat it at least?

Jennifer

The thought of it is very unattractive to me tbh.... but anything for good health I guess? Do these people eat cold potatoes then? Or do they re-heat it at least?
I've heard both—cold and reheated. Personally, if the thought of it is very unattractive to you, I would honor that but then again, I’m no longer a fan of forcing a food that I don’t like in the name of health.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I've heard both—cold and reheated. Personally, if the thought of it is very unattractive to you, I would honor that but then again, I’m no longer a fan of forcing a food that I don’t like in the name of health.

I agree. Working on trusting myself again. I fell way off the path but I think I can see it again.

Jennifer

I agree. Working on trusting myself again. I fell way off the path but I think I can see it again.
I understand. It's hard not falling off the path when suffering. Good for you for working on trusting yourself again. I'm rooting for you, Rune. ❤️

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals