Broad Spectrum Improvements SANS Thyroid Medication

OP
Jon

Jon

If it's the cabbage that's chelating iron, then wouldn't well cooked cabbage in butter do just as well as Kimchi? Better taste too imo

Yes I think you're right :) didn't know much about how to destroy goitrogens back when I did this but knew fermented foods had most of the toxic compounds broken down so I went with kimchi lol your way would work the same I think.

OP
Jon

Jon

@Jon I wondered if you considered the bacteria in kimchi being responsible for the improvement of your gut symptoms? I recently donated blood hoping it would improve some gut symptoms, as well as eating very low iron since (no red meat) and felt no improvement in gut symptoms. I started researching other gut things and came across a few things that reminded me of your experience. I found a list of foods and the bacteria found within them.

Beneficial lactobacilli in food and feed: long-term use, biodiversity and proposals for specific and realistic safety assessments | FEMS Microbiology Reviews | Oxford Academic

Sauerkraut, which is (as far as I'm aware) Very similar to kimchi, both fermented/pickled cabbage products lists "Lb. plantarum, Lb. brevis" as being contained within in.

Plantarum has been found to improve gut issues:

Clinical trial: Lactobacillus plantarum 299v (DSM 9843) improves symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
Alteration of intestinal microflora is associated with reduction in abdominal bloating and pain in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. - PubMed - NCBI
Physiological Characteristics and Anti-obesity Effect of Lactobacillus plantarum K10. - PubMed - NCBI

Brevis

Effect of combined consumption of Lactobacillus brevis KB290 and β-carotene on minor diarrhoea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome-like symptoms i... - PubMed - NCBI

Yo Clips!

Sorry I've been awol man! Life got hectic and I really didn't have the time to sit and be thoughtful and thorough in my replies!

It's entirely possible it wasnprobiotic based BUT unlikely in my opinion. I had tried MANY powerful different probiotics before (elixa, perscript-assist, lacto rhamnosus, various natural factors probiotics in the high billions count, etc..)

Probiotics never did anything for me. It seems highly unlikely the minimal amounts in kimchi would have had any effect beyond that of the powerful supplements I tried before especially because lactic bacteria are relatively fragile and die easily in the human digestive system.

Then again, probiotics are a crap shoot! (Pun intended) its hard to know why or how they do anything lol. There's lots of interesting studies on them but most are done on rodents. I liked the idea of lactobacillus rhamnosus because in studievitvdirectly pacified the vagus nerve in the stomach and subsiquently lower cortisol by 80% or some crazy sh*t like that lol. I however never felt such profound effects from it.

OP
Jon

Jon

Interesting what you said about Aspirin, that lowered your stress hormones and you ended up feeling cold and low heart rate...I've being trying tyronene and initially (two times) felt damn good, but now I don't see a rise in temp or pulse, I even feel colder and slower in heart rate than when I wasn't using it and just were using 11-Keto DHT and Methylene blue or Mesterolone and coffee. I guess that could be an hypothesis: lowered stress hormones.

Undoubtedly aspirin lowered my stress hormones. It's the same kind of effect one would get from eating breakfast and going cold afterward and feeling sleepy. Many people feel this after drinking salted orange juice or warm milk with sugar as it's correlated with a drop in adrenaline and cortisol. I believe I read an email reply or some such where ray himself warned about this effect of aspirin on people deep in stress and suggested b vitamins as a less aggressive alternative to shunt stress.

OP
Jon

Jon

Regarding this just thought I'd chime in with my experience with probiotics.

When I was 13 years old I had pneumonia, and taken antibiotics for this.
Ever since the course of antibiotics I developed very severe IBS constipation. Literally could not go to the toilet without laxatives and had very painful stomach cramps (so painful that I fainted from the pain on multiple occasions). And it kept getting worse over the years needing more and more laxatives (I started with 1 sachet of the laxative powder daily initially when I was 13 and ended up taking 5 sachets daily when I was 19).
I had been to tons of Dr's etc over the years with 0 improvement.
Up untill I took matters into my own hands when I turned 19 years old, eventually after about a year of trying every single thing on the planet I managed to fix it, and have completely normal bowel movements now (for a few years already with 0 problems).
For me the golden ticket was home made raw milk Kefir.
Instantly upon taking it I had severe diarrhea, and within a few days (less than a week time) my IBS was completely gone.
I have not taken kefir for years and my bowel movements stay normal.

It seems probiotics work if the storm is perfect. For many of us they don't do much.

raypeatclips

Yo Clips!

Sorry I've been awol man! Life got hectic and I really didn't have the time to sit and be thoughtful and thorough in my replies!

It's entirely possible it wasnprobiotic based BUT unlikely in my opinion. I had tried MANY powerful different probiotics before (elixa, perscript-assist, lacto rhamnosus, various natural factors probiotics in the high billions count, etc..)

Probiotics never did anything for me. It seems highly unlikely the minimal amounts in kimchi would have had any effect beyond that of the powerful supplements I tried before especially because lactic bacteria are relatively fragile and die easily in the human digestive system.

Then again, probiotics are a crap shoot! (Pun intended) its hard to know why or how they do anything lol. There's lots of interesting studies on them but most are done on rodents. I liked the idea of lactobacillus rhamnosus because in studievitvdirectly pacified the vagus nerve in the stomach and subsiquently lower cortisol by 80% or some crazy sh*t like that lol. I however never felt such profound effects from it.

Hey man. No worries life is more important than this forum! :)

Hmm interesting, it does make it less likely you having taken all those probiotics before. I just think kimchi would take a while to lower iron, like I've a period of months surely, and you said it was a couple of days it fixed your digestion?

JustAGuy

It seems probiotics work if the storm is perfect. For many of us they don't do much.
I had tried tons of probiotic pills etc over the years too, they all did nothing at all, only the kefir worked. It has a very high probiotic count (3 billion/ml, so I was taking 1500 billion of about ~70 different strains daily, in addition to this there is also prebiotic substances in the kefir, so it's quite a potent mix).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals