Help -- How To Digest A Lot Of Food Quickly And Efficiently

GelatinGoblin

Hello RPF, I come to you with a personal issue.
For a few months I have been semi-actively living tightly under a morning schedule which constricts my time of digestion to about an hour, and I have wondered whether fully realizing this schedule is possible with the limited time frame I am presented with on the topic of digestion.
Recently I have experienced the unpleasent side-effects of a day of indigestion and partial digestion, I was treated with an anacid (that has other mechanisms of action), and I am still partially recovering from that experience and the treatment. In turn I have come to the topic of this thread:

My morning meal consists of about 500+/- grams of potatoes; 200-400 grams of turkey/chicken/meat/source-of-protein; less then a handful of cooked vegetables; fruits (citrus, berries, bananas, melons); and 100-200 grams of pumpkin seeds and less then a handful of brazil nuts (both soaked and roasted).

This meal in question has about 40-60 minutes to digest, after which I do a workout, then I do sprints, these sprints concern me the most.

My questions are: is this possible to fully digest in time, how do I maximize the digestion and can I minimize the time; do I need to take enzymes with such volume of food, should I take enzymes, which do you recommend outside of the topic of this thread and in the context of the thread (if any at all) and how exactly do I take them.

I thank you for any help, even if it is 60 seconds of your time.

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

Well help outside of reading this of course which also coincidentally takes about 60-120 seconds :):

redsun

For a few months I have been semi-actively living tightly under a morning schedule which constricts my time of digestion to about an hour, and I have wondered whether fully realizing this schedule is possible with the limited time frame I am presented with on the topic of digestion.
Recently I have experienced the unpleasent side-effects of a day of indigestion and partial digestion, I was treated with an anacid (that has other mechanisms of action), and I am still partially recovering from that experience and the treatment. In turn I have come to the topic of this thread:

My morning meal consists of about 500+/- grams of potatoes; 200-400 grams of turkey/chicken/meat/source-of-protein; less then a handful of cooked vegetables; fruits (citrus, berries, bananas, melons); and 100-200 grams of pumpkin seeds and less then a handful of brazil nuts (both soaked and roasted).

This meal in question has about 40-60 minutes to digest, after which I do a workout, then I do sprints, these sprints concern me the most.

My questions are: is this possible to fully digest in time, how do I maximize the digestion and can I minimize the time; do I need to take enzymes with such volume of food, should I take enzymes, which do you recommend outside of the topic of this thread and in the context of the thread (if any at all) and how exactly do I take them.

You can't, it is impossible. A meal like that easily takes hours to digest. You cannot minimize it at all. Not familiar on enzymes. They may help overall digestion but they aren't going to speed up digestion.

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

You can't, it is impossible. A meal like that easily takes hours to digest. You cannot minimize it at all. Not familiar on enzymes. They may help overall digestion but they aren't going to speed up digestion.

Damage control is my best option if so, simply maximizing digestion in the time I do have.

A.R

Have you tried supplementing Thyroid/steroids?
They can really speed up digestion

julcreutz

100g of pumpkin seeds? Wow, that's quite a lot. That won't digest fast at all lol. For fast digestion, I would say potatoes and lean muscle meats

mrchibbs

I think you're making a big mistake trying to eat a morning meal like that.
If you're like most people, your metabolism won't be at its peak in the morning, far from it.

There is a reason why we've evolved to eat our biggest meal of the day in the late afternoon. That's typically when temperature/pulse and metabolism is at its peak and its the right time to consume your biggest meal of the day, because that's when all the hormones, enzymes, growth factors and insulin sensitivity is at its highest.

The Protein component will appear in your bloodstream after ~ 2 hours POST,sugars way faster,lipids not sure.If you are serious,you could blend it and swallow the gunk,and see whats what.As others said,I also think that your PUFA intake via pumkins seed is too high,imo should be like 5grams of Linoleic Acid and 5grams of Alpha Linoleic Acid at most + LCPUFA,the pumpkin seeds are garbage,Hazelnuts contain at least more agreeable Monounsaturated Fats.But ditching the seeds could raise your digestion effort considerably.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals