Female Corner

Lollipop2

I heard Peat mention in an interview that often post menopausal women don’t need as much progesterone so I tried it and it helped a lot. I still cycle small doses orally but otherwise my route of choice is vaginal. After I learned of Peat’s passing I took a few larger oral doses and my hot flashes came back with a vengeance. I must no longer have much estrogen in circulation. I think it’s worth a shot if nothing else helps.
Vaginally using Progest-e with Cortnon - DHEA has eliminated all flashes. The DHEA can either go down the androgen pathway or the estrogen pathway as the body needs. I think the body has a grand wisdom and letting it decide works. I encourage the androgen pathway by taking with progest-e. But if the body needs it to go down the estrogen pathway it will take it that way. A long time ago Haidut posted studies and I think I did as well about DHEA being so helpful for post menopausal women. From that conversation with Haidut I started the vaginal route blending the two and have had stunning results. I do not think anyone else on the platform had tried it. I got convinced and tried it. Glad I did never going back…

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Vaginally using Progest-e with Cortnon - DHEA has eliminated all flashes. The DHEA can either go down the androgen pathway or the estrogen pathway as the body needs. I think the body has a grand wisdom and letting it decide works. I encourage the androgen pathway by taking with progest-e. But if the body needs it to go down the estrogen pathway it will take it that way. A long time ago Haidut posted studies and I think I did as well about DHEA being so helpful for post menopausal women. From that conversation with Haidut I started the vaginal route blending the two and have had stunning results. I do not think anyone else on the platform had tried it. I got convinced and tried it. Glad I did never going back…
Yes, I used to make vaginal suppositories with cortinon! It was quite the lifesaver for strengthening my tissues in that area when I really needed help with that issue. Thanks for the reminder Lollipop2.

Nicole W.

Could you please describe what was stunning about your results with Progest-e/ Cortnon application.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom and @Lollipop2 what quantity and when please?
I mixed cortinon in melted cocoa butter and put it in a silicone candy mold to harden in the freezer. I would apply one at night vaginally before bed so it would have time to absorb. IIRC I was aiming to get approximately 5mg of Dhea per dose. I used it to strengthen my tissues because I was starting to experience some atrophy and a mild prolapse.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Lizb
The 15mg max daily dose is based on studies with women and found beyond this dose estrogen starts to rise. The 6.5mg and 3.25mg doses are based again on studies with women for post-menopausal issues like vaginal dryness, hotflashes, sour mood, etc. As far as I remember, the 3.25mg dose worked even better than the 6.5mg dose. Given the high propensity of DHEA to turn into estrogen under stress I would use the lowest dose shown to work (3.25mg). Low dose does not always mean less effective. Often, with steroids less is more. The studies with 3.25mg/6.5mg used vaginal suppositories, so intravaginal placement of DHEA dissolved in tocopherols/oil seems like the best option to replicate the studies.

Lollipop2

Could you please describe what was stunning about your results with Progest-e/ Cortnon application.
I have in a lot of various posts over the years. My apologies. I don’t have the time to fully explain - working full time and another part to line. I only fly in and fly out now in RPF - lol. Search my name and Cortnon.

Honeycomb

Has anyone actually got rid of hot flushes post menopausal?
Just stumbled on this whilst reading the transcript of one of the old KMUD interviews with Ray. You might find it useful. I personally found that increasing my fruit and dairy intake, plus a daily carrot salad, really helped me when going through menopause.

“The quickest way to alleviate the night sweats and hot flushes is to increase your sugar intake and your protein intake. One of the functions of the sugar is to lower the cortisol and adrenaline. And if your protein intake is too low - it should be 80 grams of good protein - among vegetables, it happens that the potato protein is the only one that ranks up there with the animal proteins, so that's even better than egg protein. But milk, for example, and cheese and eggs and potato, are the high quality proteins and you should have around 80 grams of good protein per day. If you don't get enough sugar or starch in your diet, then you're going to use some of your protein for energy, so that impairs your liver function by starving it for protein. When the liver isn't functioning well, it can't store enough sugar to get you through the night with a steady sugar level. First your adrenaline surges to try to get more sugar out of your liver and when your liver is depleted, then your cortisol rises to turn some of your muscle tissue and thymus tissue and skin and other things into sugar, to keep your sugar up to a survival level during the night. So it's actually the cortisol surges at night that cause the hot flushes. Sugar is the first aid. Sugar and salty foods are quick relief for that, but it has to be against a background of adequate protein and other nutrients.” Endotoxin - Kmud, November 19 2010

Nicole W.

I have in a lot of various posts over the years. My apologies. I don’t have the time to fully explain - working full time and another part to line. I only fly in and fly out now in RPF - lol. Search my name and Cortnon.
No problem, I’ll take a look. Thanks😊

Jennifer

@Advocate2021, did you find that you needed less Progest-E as time went on? I took Progest-E my two previous cycles and didn’t need it for this cycle. I’ve been training more and carrying more gear/weight in my pack this past month, yet I’m not experiencing any pain. The only other thing that I’ve done differently is drastically reduce my fruit intake. The only fruit I’ve been having is the small amount of dried fruit in my tisanes.

Advocate2021

@Advocate2021, did you find that you needed less Progest-E as time went on? I took Progest-E my two previous cycles and didn’t need it for this cycle. I’ve been training more and carrying more gear/weight in my pack this past month, yet I’m not experiencing any pain. The only other thing that I’ve done differently is drastically reduce my fruit intake. The only fruit I’ve been having is the small amount of dried fruit in my tisanes.
Wow that is great! maybe due to the thyroid building up and stabilizing. Me personally, after the amount of estrogen I was given for so many years (12), i went a bit nuts with the progest-e and have never really rationed it- im actually beginning to do that now after 25 years as occurred to me that perhaps ive been taking too much. my situation was so extreme i just wanted to make sure i reversed the estrogen so might have gone over board i dont know or not. on the plus side i am completely dodging any sort of perimenopause or menopause and seem to have maintained the hormonal cycles and fertility of a woman 20 years younger - so guess i couldnt have done too much harm lol. But your report seems consistent with what Dr. Peat has always said- i just have treated myself as an aberration due to my situation and didnt worry about taking too much and at times of crisis in my life have gone through a bottle in a week and feel it saved my life.

interesting re the fruit- what incited you to cut it down so much and what are you eating it its place?

Jennifer

Thank you for sharing, @Advocate2021. That makes sense. My mum was going through a bottle of Progest-E a week when she had uterine cancer and it had profound effects.

After 20 years on a fruit-based diet, I realized I had stopped craving fruit about 3 years back. lol I was consuming it mainly out of habit—for years, it was one of the only carb sources I tolerated—and because of what I had learned from Ray and Dr. Robert Morse. I’ve replaced it with sun-dried cane juice crystals. I use the crystals in tisanes—I average 8 cups of tisane a day so I have roughly 1/2 a cup of sugar—and ice cream.

Lizb

Thank you for sharing, @Advocate2021. That makes sense. My mum was going through a bottle of Progest-E a week when she had uterine cancer and it had profound effects.

After 20 years on a fruit-based diet, I realized I had stopped craving fruit about 3 years back. lol I was consuming it mainly out of habit—for years, it was one of the only carb sources I tolerated—and because of what I had learned from Ray and Dr. Robert Morse. I’ve replaced it with sun-dried cane juice crystals. I use the crystals in tisanes—I average 8 cups of tisane a day so I have roughly 1/2 a cup of sugar—and ice cream.
Interesting. I used to eat huge amount of fruit - not chocolate, not cakes, not puddings or biscuits etc. Fruit was my treat.

Some years ago I stopped craving it. Stopping grape and orange juice has stopped me having to get up at night to the loo. I'm pretty sure it's that although I was beginning to see with night time bathroom visits when I started T3 recently.

Jennifer

Interesting. I used to eat huge amount of fruit - not chocolate, not cakes, not puddings or biscuits etc. Fruit was my treat.

Some years ago I stopped craving it. Stopping grape and orange juice has stopped me having to get up at night to the loo. I'm pretty sure it's that although I was beginning to see with night time bathroom visits when I started T3 recently.

Oh, wow. That is interesting. I don’t know many people like myself who never cared much for chocolate or pastries. Fruit was always my preferred sweet, too. That and dairy. A bowl of fruit topped with cream was heavenly to me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals