Female Corner

Lizb

I've still got blocks pores on my nose, facial hair above my upper lip and chin. I'm 62. Really getting me down.

Anyone else? Any solutions?

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I've still got blocks pores on my nose, facial hair above my upper lip and chin. I'm 62. Really getting me down.

I started eating 1/2 cup of beans 5 times a day because of what I have read about Karen Hurd's protocol. She recommends insoluble fiber such as beans or psyllium fiber 6 times a day to remove toxins and excess hormones from bile. She has other recommendations, too, but mostly I just added the beans and it has worked for me to get rid of estrogen. My nose pores are not as bad, the facial hair is not gone but it isn't coarse, hemorrhoids are gone, mood is better, and sleep is better. Also, look into things like choline that will make your liver function better.

Advocate2021

@Advocate2021 Been thinking about estrogen and ways to balance hormones... Have you experimented with castor oil packs? They are very relaxing and may be of help to you.

Your Best Tool for Estrogen Dominance & Castor Oil | Queen of the Thrones®
Thank you -wiill look

Do you take progest e? Thyroid? Diet? Need to know what you're doing to be able to even look at this properly

Advocate2021

T3 at breakfast and lunch t4 dinner time. Cynomel and plus.

T3 1/5th each time. T4 quarter

Profest-e nightly probably six drops. I've tried all doses and sometimes feel a little relaxed but mainly no effect
temperature, pulse rate readings? any blood work done in recent times? Vitamin D? the symptoms you describe so seem to indicate estrogen and/or androgen excess which T3 and progest -e are excellent at addressing but there are so many variables and more info is needed . from what you share though sounds like you have room to increase both your thyroid and progest -e but other data is needed.

Lizb

temperature, pulse rate readings? any blood work done in recent times? Vitamin D? the symptoms you describe so seem to indicate estrogen and/or androgen excess which T3 and progest -e are excellent at addressing but there are so many variables and more info is needed . from what you share though sounds like you have room to increase both your thyroid and progest -e but other data is needed.
Right. I take vitamin D. 5000 iu

Blood work 2019 I think

Pulse and temp. 65, 35-36.6

My sleep has improved a little since starting thyroid. T4 addition had only been for a week so far

I have cellulite on my legs

Advocate2021

Right. I take vitamin D. 5000 iu

Blood work 2019 I think

Pulse and temp. 65, 35-36.6

My sleep has improved a little since starting thyroid. T4 addition had only been for a week so far

I have cellulite on my legs
well you temps and pulse are pretty low indicating you need more thyroid- that would probably be the place to start. i have been powdering my cynomel and has helped a lot i think- i take quite a bit more than you and spread it out from morning until bed time and take most of my T4 at bed time. currently in the peak of winter i have been doing 75 mcg T4 and 50 mcg T3 per day. T3 probably will be lower once spring and summer hit. this higher ratio seems to be right for me- just had blood work done that was pretty impeccable with the hormone profile of a woman in her twenties. im 52 and have zero signs of any hormone aging. Cholesterol excellent which is another indicator. what about your cholesterol? i also dont ration progest-e and have been using it quite generously for 24 years and i do think it prevents hormone aging and menopause. Dr. Peat mentioned women who had taken progesterone like me menstruating into their 70's. its possible and i m going to go for it. So, my point for you, even though i presume you went through menopause, is that you can create a more youthful and balanced hormone profile regardless but i think you may need more on both fronts. any other significant history hormonally or otherwise? i also take triple the vitamin D you do but there are many variables with that. getting blood work for all of these things and others would also be helpful. Data helps, doctors dont much but they are useful for me to get bloodwork for free since its covered by insurance that way.

LizLemon

well you temps and pulse are pretty low indicating you need more thyroid- that would probably be the place to start. i have been powdering my cynomel and has helped a lot i think- i take quite a bit more than you and spread it out from morning until bed time and take most of my T4 at bed time. currently in the peak of winter i have been doing 75 mcg T4 and 50 mcg T3 per day. T3 probably will be lower once spring and summer hit. this higher ratio seems to be right for me- just had blood work done that was pretty impeccable with the hormone profile of a woman in her twenties. im 52 and have zero signs of any hormone aging. Cholesterol excellent which is another indicator. what about your cholesterol? i also dont ration progest-e and have been using it quite generously for 24 years and i do think it prevents hormone aging and menopause. Dr. Peat mentioned women who had taken progesterone like me menstruating into their 70's. its possible and i m going to go for it. So, my point for you, even though i presume you went through menopause, is that you can create a more youthful and balanced hormone profile regardless but i think you may need more on both fronts. any other significant history hormonally or otherwise? i also take triple the vitamin D you do but there are many variables with that. getting blood work for all of these things and others would also be helpful. Data helps, doctors dont much but they are useful for me to get bloodwork for free since its covered by insurance that way.
Can you share more on how you split up your T3 dose? I split 1 Cynomel into 5 or 6 bits & struggle to remember to take them all in a day

Advocate2021

Can you share more on how you split up your T3 dose? I split 1 Cynomel into 5 or 6 bits & struggle to remember to take them all in a day
I powder each tablet in a pill crusher and divide the powder into 8 portions and take it little by little until i run out which is usually around 4 pm. the do the same with a second tablet. i take my t4 25 mcg divided in 2 parts in morning and 50 mcg at night divided through the night. my thyroid bloodwork came back perfect for the first time in years- i attribute this to powdering which i only had started a few weeks before the draw. when i used to cut the pills like you are my bloodwork was crazy weird and so were my dips and peaks due to the uneven dispersion in those pills. Dr. Peat talked about i in one of the Danny Roddy podcasts. Powdering has made a huge differenc.e

LizLemon

I powder each tablet in a pill crusher and divide the powder into 8 portions and take it little by little until i run out which is usually around 4 pm. the do the same with a second tablet. i take my t4 25 mcg divided in 2 parts in morning and 50 mcg at night divided through the night. my thyroid bloodwork came back perfect for the first time in years- i attribute this to powdering which i only had started a few weeks before the draw. when i used to cut the pills like you are my bloodwork was crazy weird and so were my dips and peaks due to the uneven dispersion in those pills. Dr. Peat talked about i in one of the Danny Roddy podcasts. Powdering has made a huge differenc.e
Thank you! Very helpful. When you say you divide into 8 parts, is that 2 pills (50mcg) into 8 parts or just 1 into 8?

I have heard you’re only supposed to take 3-4mcg of T3 at one time but I don’t feel anything with that dose. Just curious how you do it

Advocate2021

Thank you! Very helpful. When you say you divide into 8 parts, is that 2 pills (50mcg) into 8 parts or just 1 into 8?

I have heard you’re only supposed to take 3-4mcg of T3 at one time but I don’t feel anything with that dose. Just curious how you do it
i divide each 25 mcg pill into 8 parts. sometimes ill take 6 mcg at a time just depending on signals from body, how much ive eaten, schedule. hard to take 16 times per day - just kind of listen to my body. it has had a huge effect. when i used to break the pills, i would often feel like i was on a psychedelic drug trip with the bursts and dips. completely different experience now and my thyroid bloodwork has never looked so great- used to come back with things sky high even though i was still having hypothyroid symptoms at times. feel much more stable now- this has been a gamechanger and such a simple modification.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It warms my heart to see this thread going strong and women helping each other!

Lizb

My cholesterol has been high for about 20 years. I haven't had it tested lately.

I should test my vitamin D I think

Historically - I had trouble conceiving.

My stress is high. I have a lung condition and husband has dementia.....

Hot flushes....too many

How much progest-e is don't ration'?

Many thanks.

Advocate2021

My cholesterol has been high for about 20 years. I haven't had it tested lately.

I should test my vitamin D I think

Historically - I had trouble conceiving.

My stress is high. I have a lung condition and husband has dementia.....

Hot flushes....too many

How much progest-e is don't ration'?

Many thanks.
i dont really measure progest-e. im still menstruating so i use a smaller amount days 8-13 or 14 and increase it for the last 2 weeks prior to menstruation and then take 7 days off 1-7. if you can tune into your body and see how you feel after you do a dose (maybe 4 drops in the gums) and then try it again and sense what is happening may help you determine what is best. i have no concerns about taking too much frankly as Dr Peat always said the only side effect is becoming too relaxed- almost anasthetic state. i personally have never felt that no matter how much i have taken so dont worry about taking too much. i could be a shareholder in kenogen for the amount of progest-e i have consumed over 24 years lol. the only "side effects" I can report are youth and fertility.

Lizb

i dont really measure progest-e. im still menstruating so i use a smaller amount days 8-13 or 14 and increase it for the last 2 weeks prior to menstruation and then take 7 days off 1-7. if you can tune into your body and see how you feel after you do a dose (maybe 4 drops in the gums) and then try it again and sense what is happening may help you determine what is best. i have no concerns about taking too much frankly as Dr Peat always said the only side effect is becoming too relaxed- almost anasthetic state. i personally have never felt that no matter how much i have taken so dont worry about taking too much. i could be a shareholder in kenogen for the amount of progest-e i have consumed over 24 years lol. the only "side effects" I can report are youth and fertility.
Thank you. Much appreciated

Jennifer

It warms my heart to see this thread going strong and women helping each other!

Mine too. :)

On another positive note- Long Live the Diva Cup-greatest invention for women since progest-e! How did I not know about this for the last 22 years or maybe it's a newer invention off to look to see when it came out but it's life-altering oh my God love it

This is a sensitive question so I hope you don’t mind me asking but when it’s in, do you feel it? That’s the one thing that makes me hesitant to try it. I don’t want to feel like something is stuck in me 24 hours a day.