Fecal Transplant Testing

OP
O
Stuart said:
I actually thought Such_ was cracking a joke about the 'Govt brainwashing'.

He's just trolling instead of adding value.

Anyway, I'm gonna go to more research on the other types of probiotics you were talking about.

oxidation_is_normal said:
Stuart said:
I actually thought Such_ was cracking a joke about the 'Govt brainwashing'.

He's just trolling instead of adding value.

Anyway, I'm gonna go to more research on the other types of probiotics you were talking about.

Don't worry, this one is on the house.

raypeat.com/articles/articles/immunodeficiency.shtml said:
*Antibodies are involved in removing the debris of cells that have disintegrated. Intense cellular damage causes many "autoantibodies" to be produced. People with AIDS have a high incidence of "autoimmunity."

*Endogenous retroviruses are activated by toxins known to be associated with immunodeficiency. Everyone has endogenous retroviruses. The antibodies which are used to diagnose "HIV" infection can, in the demonstrated absence of that virus, be produced in connection with lupus, Sjogren's syndrome, and arthritis. These autoimmune conditions are promoted by estrogen.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/immunodeficiency.shtml said:
It has been over ten years since I wrote about "AIDS" (e.g., "Repairing the Immune System," in Cofactors in AIDS and HIV infection, edited by R.R. Watson, l989) and the official doctrine that it is caused by the "HIV" virus still hasn't been supported by anything that resembles real science. Duesberg's arguments have never been answered (except by bureaucratic thuggery).
In 1989 I pointed out that septicemia, blood stream infection, in young adults, which used to be a rare thing, and which indicates defective immunity, has been increasing in a remarkably continuous way since the late 1940s, and I reviewed the many things in our environment that are known to suppress immunity, and which have become increasingly prevalent in our environment--unsaturated vegetable oils, ferrous iron and carrageenan in our foods, lead in air, food, and water, exposure to medical, military, and industrial ionizing radiation, vaccinations, pesticides, chlorinated hydrocarbons, nitric oxide (smog and medications) and oral contraceptives and environmental estrogens, in particular. Of these factors, only radiation and lead exposure have decreased in the last several years, after several decades of rapid increase. The widespread use of diuretics in pregnancy, which began in the 1950s and contributed to an epidemic of premature births, also declined after the late 1960s. Most of these environmental factors damage the thymus gland, which regulates the immune system, and by acting on the thymus their effects tend to be additive with other immunosuppressive factors, including cancer, traumatic injury, inflammation, toxins in spoiled food (e.g., aflatoxins) and malnutrition.

Cancer, AIDS, and extreme hypothyroidism have several features in common--they cause tissue loss and organ damage, with immunodeficiency and intense activation of the stress hormones, including cortisol. In cancer and AIDS, a good case has been made for the primacy of stress-induced wasting as the main cause of death. Whatever one might believe to be the cause of cancer and AIDS, it is always good for the patient to prevent tissue damage from the stress associated with the sickness. Since the stress hormones primarily destroy tissues by the activation of specific proteases, the use of protease inhibitors for treating AIDS could conceivably be affecting the stress response. However, the body's normal protection against the cortisol-activated proteases is centered on the protective hormones, progesterone, thyroid, and the androgens.
People who have autoimmune diseases such as lupus and Sjogrens syndrome (which are promoted by estrogen: Ahmed and Talal) have antibodies which sometimes react positively in the AIDS test, and searches for the HIV virus in such people have found no evidence of it. (Nelson, et al., 1994; Deas, et al., 1998.) Treatments for roundworms and other parasites cause antibodies to retroviruses to appear in animals that previously tested negative; this might account for the high rates of positive tests for HIV in areas such as Africa in which treatment for filiariasis is common (Kitchen and Cotter, 1988)
The medical version of AIDS research, though, pushes aside all of the real science, in favor of a simplistic idea that the virus kills the cells of the immune system, and uses false diagnostic methods and deadly drugs to treat something which too often doesn't exist, while denying that there are other real causes of immune deficiency and wasting-sickness, etc.

Aging is characterized by loss of lean body mass, immunodeficiency, and a variety of autoimmune reactions. My perennial argument has been that decreased thyroid and progesterone, associated with increased estrogen and stress hormones, are largely responsible for those changes. The huge investment in AIDS research has found that these occur in AIDS, but, because of the medical pharmaceutical culture which has created myths about these hormones, no one is yet interpreting the hormone imbalances in ways that would reveal their responsibility for the symptoms. While the institutionalized theory claims that the HIV virus is responsible for the syndrome, the hormones are reduced to epiphenomena.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/imprinting.shtml said:
The argument between Peter Duesberg and the virus establishment, in which Duesberg argues that acquired immunodeficiency is produced by a variety of causes, including drug use, and the establishment argues that the HIV retrovirus is the only cause, becomes a little clearer when we consider it in the context of the larger debate between the genetic determinists and the Darwinian adaptationists. I will talk about that in more detail in a newsletter on immunodeficiency.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/imprinting.shtml said:
Movable genetic elements appear to regulate normal developmental processes (Long, et al., 1998) and the introduction of new particles can "improve fitness." This is an aspect of the HIV controversy that has been completely ignored, as far as I can tell. Peter Duesberg argues that the presence of antibodies to the HIV indicates that the immune system is active, and that there is no evidence showing the virus to be harmful. My suggestion would be that the virus is probably present quietly in many people who have no antibodies to it, and that environmental toxins and other stressors cause it to be adaptively expressed, creating the possibility for an antibody response. The "viral particle" itself might be biologically useful, though this wouldn't exclude the possibility that an abnormal immunological response to it could have harmful repercussions.

I'm not here to justify someone else's quote. The quote is here to justify my open question, posed with the vain hope that you were familiar with that material that is the subject of this very internet forum. If you have chosen to be here instead of on any other random website then I'm sorry but you owe yourself a causal explanation for that.

What I see in that link is a fairly spiteful person who is obviously concerned about his own publishing career, and publishes a blog article solely to deride the withdrawal of a colleague's article from a journal, claiming it "isn't even a properly peer-reviewed journal" and backing this up by linking to another of his blogs which is actually about a different journal, and containing a single on-topic sentence, namely "[Medical Hypotheses] will publish virtually any speculations authors want to publish with minimal peer review and has been a favorite of the anti-vaccine movement and other cranks", again not justifying the allegations of improper and minimal review.

XPlus

You've interesting sources of information, Stu.

Do you happen to use similar methodologies to collect your miocrobiome data.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals