MCT Oil Messed Up My Gut And Dont Know What To Do

LemonT

Hi all,

I tried MCT oil about 2 weeks ago for the 1st time. Ever since then I cannot handle coconut oil at all.

I went to the doc and found nothing after ordering fecal test. Still I have constant diarrhea and sensitivity to everything.

Before that I consumed coconut oil on the carrot salads and for general cooking. Cant even tolerate the little mct oil in Progest-E now. Also cant handle hotmilk anymore.

Does anyone know where to start to fix everything up? I just ordered Cypro out of desperation.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

biggirlkisss

try increasing ginger tea thoughout the day. I will let you know how my ibs is with ondancestron too.

theLaw

Might try activated charcoal (4T) to clean out any problematic gut bacteria, and BCAA to help with digestion (even 5G (with meals) of the standard mix from Bulk Sups should help).

https://www.amazon.com/Branched-Cha...1DXUThA78L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

I would be willing to bet that it's not the mct oil unless you're using a brand with additives, so I would look toward your diet as a whole.

Low-liquid, enough calories, low-starch, with mostly sugar/fructose.

For a short-term quick fix, a raw carrot with each meal will probably help your digestion.

LUH 3417

That's really weird. Were you taking a lot of MCT oil? I started taking vitamin D with MCT and have the same side effect but not sure if it can solely be that.

OP
L

LemonT

That's really weird. Were you taking a lot of MCT oil? I started taking vitamin D with MCT and have the same side effect but not sure if it can solely be that.

I made the mistake of taking 3 tablespoons on my first day. In divided doses. I was used to digesting coconut oil in the same way with no problem but after the MCT everything has gone haywire.

Super fast and watery transit time. Maybe its too much serotonin and Cypro will help.

OP
L

LemonT

Might try activated charcoal (4T) to clean out any problematic gut bacteria, and BCAA to help with digestion (even 5G (with meals) of the standard mix from Bulk Sups should help).

https://www.amazon.com/Branched-Cha...1DXUThA78L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

I would be willing to bet that it's not the mct oil unless you're using a brand with additives, so I would look toward your diet as a whole.

Low-liquid, enough calories, low-starch, with mostly sugar/fructose.

For a short-term quick fix, a raw carrot with each meal will probably help your digestion.

My diet isn't the best but I kept things in check with the carrot salad that included coconut oil.

I could eat anything for 2 meals after and then needed the salad again. Usually had my milk after the salad.

Vitamin E at the same time of high pufa meals (that I try to avoid) is also another thing.

I think I DID mess up with the brand. I used the Whole Foods brand. God knows how they get their stuff.

Other than that I try to eat liver, eggs and oysters at least once a week.

theLaw

I think I DID mess up with the brand. I used the Whole Foods brand. God knows how they get their stuff.

Apparently, some brands are made with Palm oil, which is not listed on the label here.

Also, there's a sticker on the front of the bottle that reads " 93% MCTs", so not sure what that means.

51I04JX9jwL._SL1000_.jpg

OP
L

LemonT

Apparently, some brands are made with Palm oil, which is not listed on the label here.

Also, there's a sticker on the front of the bottle that reads " 93% MCTs", so not sure what that means.

51I04JX9jwL._SL1000_.jpg

I should've bought dave aspreys SCT that was right next to it...or maybe not. Either way im done with MCT.

I've looked elsewhere online and I'm not the only one. Some have suggested colostrum.

Im going to buy every bateriophage product I can get my hands on.

yerrag

Would you be producing less bile out of some kind of deficiency? Bile is needed to emuslify fats. Since you had been able to consume coconut oil before, can you recall what you took recently that might have affected your bile secretion?

OP
L

LemonT

Do you have a non irritating diet?

Sample day when I was fine before the MCT:

Breakfast- eggs with either liver, oysters or meat, well cooked potatoes for 1 hour plus in lot of butter. Coffee. T3. Progesterone.

Lunch: Left over potatoes with some meat maybe eggs

Carrot salad about 4 hours later.

Warm milk with chocolate about 2-3 hours after the salad just before bed.

Btw i was drinking plenty of carbs in the form of commercial fruit juices like snapple or whatever and avoiding HFCS.

Thats how it was back in the good ol days about 2 weeks ago.

Now I'm avoiding dairy and coconut oil.

Tonight I just saw the carrots I ate 3 hours ago in my stool.

Last edited:
OP
L

LemonT

Would you be producing less bile out of some kind of deficiency? Bile is needed to emuslify fats. Since you had been able to consume coconut oil before, can you recall what you took recently that might have affected your bile secretion?

I really dont think so. I drank my milk before bed with about 3.5 grams of taurine and that helps with bile.

yerrag

I really dont think so. I drank my milk before bed with about 3.5 grams of taurine and that helps with bile.
Taurine would help, but it's predicated on it your liver not lacking in substances needed to produce bile.

raypeatclips

My guess is you have irritated your gut and possibly still consuming something that is irritating it. Coffee, orange juice, taurine that you have mentioned are particularly irritating.

milk_lover

Quit MCT for a few days and see how you feel. I find MCT an unpleasant oil to eat unlike butter!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals