Whatever Fixes Baldness Is Going To Transform The Entire Body In A Big Way, Right?

baccheion

My father started balding at 18 and was completely bald by 21. He never had belly fat, was always a very happy, ACTIVE athletic guy. His dad (my grandpa) was bald by 21 also. He was always a guy, always cheerful and kind. My husband started balding in his 30’s. He has more of the personality you all describe... the big round belly, big face, more withdrawn, moody. My son is 13 years old now. He’s a very fit/active, happy kid. He has a head full of curls. I have heard (from people who believe baldness is hereditary) that baldness typically comes from the mothers side. I worry that my son may start balding by 18, like my dad and grandpa. Your thoughts? Are there supplements my son should be taking now, to keep him from balding? Should I be checking his hormone levels? 4 or so days a week, he takes an adult multi, D 5000, low mineral supplement, Zinc 30mg, and probiotic.
Genetic testing can reveal if he is predisposed. See: 23andme.

Everyone starts balding at the onset of puberty, even women. The rate then accelerates with age. The curve resembles the fall of melatonin. Also somewhat resembles the later fall of hGH (not IGF-1).

Current balding solutions are a combination of androgen inhibitor and IGF-1/growth activator.

Given balding is always in progress, maybe there could be some buffering with a shampoo or something. Capsaicin shampoo? Then after growth plates close, there could be more drastic action (I'm wondering if megadose melatonin does indeed work).

Magnesium seems important to all things related. More than 1 gram, even.

Last edited:

Maljam

Genetic testing can reveal if he is predisposed. See: 23andme.

Everyone starts balding at the onset of puberty, even women. The rate then accelerates with age. The curve resembles the fall of melatonin. Also somewhat resembles the later fall of hGH (not IGF-1).

Current balding solutions are a combination of androgen inhibitor and IGF-1/growth activator.

Given balding is always in progress, maybe there could be some buffering with a shampoo or something. Capsaicin shampoo? Then after growth plates close, there could be more drastic action (I'm wondering if megadose melatonin does indeed work).

There are old people with fantastic hair that dispute your "everyone is balding" theory. Ronald Reagan? :lol:

How come you mention the pharmaceutical androgen inhibition on a forum that has several members who have wrecked their health doing it? There any many other balding solutions suggested on here.

baccheion

There are old people with fantastic hair that dispute your "everyone is balding" theory. Ronald Reagan? :lol:

How come you mention the pharmaceutical androgen inhibition on a forum that has several members who have wrecked their health doing it? There any many other balding solutions suggested on here.
Everyone starts balding. Some faster and some slower. Some slowly enough that progress is less noticeable.

I'm commenting on the current step taken ("whatever fixes balding.."). Not recommending it. On the other hand, that combo is the only one consistently shown to work. In any event, I mentioned a combination of actions not products. You're implying I'm mentioning finasteride and minoxidil, I'm guessing?

The solution I mention is melatonin. After growth plates close. And more magnesium.

Last edited:

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Don't worry so much about supplements, but instead try to redirect his life towards spending lots of time outside. Whatever that means, getting a pool, or finding sport leagues, getting him a skateboard so he spends time outside etc. Make sure he drinks a lot of good milk, and try to have oysters regularly, it is absolutely crucial for a boy like him, and will help his sexual development. Fried oysters are delicious, with a great dipping ketchup-based sauce. If he'll eat liver once in a while that's crucial too. Maxing out on trace minerals, D from the sun exposure, vitamin A etc. will help a lot. Of course if winter sucks, then some topical vitamin D applied to the belly button maybe good.

Excellent! Thank you! will do all of this

Murtaza

My father started balding at 18 and was completely bald by 21. He never had belly fat, was always a very happy, ACTIVE athletic guy. His dad (my grandpa) was bald by 21 also. He was always a guy, always cheerful and kind. My husband started balding in his 30’s. He has more of the personality you all describe... the big round belly, big face, more withdrawn, moody. My son is 13 years old now. He’s a very fit/active, happy kid. He has a head full of curls. I have heard (from people who believe baldness is hereditary) that baldness typically comes from the mothers side. I worry that my son may start balding by 18, like my dad and grandpa. Your thoughts? Are there supplements my son should be taking now, to keep him from balding? Should I be checking his hormone levels? 4 or so days a week, he takes an adult multi, D 5000, low mineral supplement, Zinc 30mg, and probiotic.
just wanted to say that youre a great mom

Whatever Fixes Baldness Is Going To Transform The Entire Body In A Big Way, Right?

Seeing how the only thing that comes close to fixing a cue bald head of hair is a male-to-female HRT regimen, I'd say you're quite right.

Kenny

Seeing how the only thing that comes close to fixing a cue bald head of hair is a male-to-female HRT regimen, I'd say you're quite right.

Well there is also the arthritis medication that may or may not cause seizures, cancer and other stuff. That stuff can cure your baldness

Well there is also the arthritis medication that may or may not cause seizures, cancer and other stuff. That stuff can cure your baldness

I am more than well enough aware of how pathetic the current options are, thanks. I've only been dealing with it for 8 years with enough consequences of trying 'FDA-approved' medication already.

DhtAssassin

Do you not think the potential negatives of finasteride vastly outweigh the (temporary) benefits?
I'm just saying that people who think that diet/lifestyle changes will grow your their hair back are in denial. We have never seen any pictures like that posted, while we have seen thousands from FDA approved treatments. Looking at the official studies the chance for negative effects isn't that big.. Danny Roddy looks like con man to me - talks a lot, but never comes with falsifable theories. I wish that we could regrow hair using supplements and that somebody proved me wrong, but so far there is 0 evidence for that.

Kenny

I am more than well enough aware of how pathetic the current options are, thanks. I've only been dealing with it for 8 years with enough consequences of trying 'FDA-approved' medication already.
Hey didn’t mean to undermine you. I’m sorry if it came off that way. I really hope you fully recover - especially in the hair department :)

Hey didn’t mean to undermine you. I’m sorry if it came off that way. I really hope you fully recover - especially in the hair department :)

Don't worry about it, I am really struggling with hormonal balance lately and tend to be quite cynical and jaded most of the time. Had a close relative die a couple of days ago as well so I'm just in a bad place. I doubt I will recover any hair, I'd be more than happy to just stop it, but even that seems hard enough.

Do you not think the potential negatives of finasteride vastly outweigh the (temporary) benefits?

Conventional medicine seems to agree that baldness is a problem localized to the scalp. How on earth it is acceptable to then use a medication that systemically destroys 10 hormones, of which only one seems implicated in baldness, is beyond me. That really is the equivalent of nuking a city of 20 million to take down one crime gang.

JDreamer

Ableton

For the past 8 years, I've made a weird habit of observing bald men of any age. There are striking physical and mental similarities between them, such as underdeveloped neck muscles, underdeveloped calves, cranial shape, abdominal fat distribution, ingratiating personality traits, social distrust etc.

And because we know that male pattern baldness is a symptom of an entire underlying state of the body, so much so that it causes (I know, my hunch) the other developments I've listed above, whatever fixes it is going to have to have to be a major underlying shift, which will then cause a major transformation of these other symptoms also.

And knowing how the body locks itself into homeostasis, there are very few things that can cause this sort of entire organism transformation?

Major hormone supplementation? Fecal transplants? Extreme long-term diet changes?

Sorry, this is more a philosphical ramble than anything else. Just wondering if anyone has any similarly vague thoughts they'd like to contribute to the discussion :p

i know we like to believe the opposite is true, and I am myself gulity of this, but if you have an emotional relationship to a case that you are observing, you are observing it in a biased manner. I also observe patterns, but ultimately there are too many causes for hairloss to make definitive conclusions.
Also, your observations on personality do not conclude whether its balding—>personality (constructivist perspective) or personality/associated hormonal profile —> balding.
We like to believe everything that goes wrong is our fault, and fixable. I’m not preaching biological determinism, and I believe many of us baldies can raise strong kids that keep their hair when it matters most through the knowledge of this forum/ the awareness it raises in regards to nutrition and lifestyle. But if you look at your own upbringing, and perhaps all the years you took health for granted, and mental issues. It’s just too much without ******* up your health to the point of no return. Speaking of myself here.
I’m not familiar with roddies „balding personality“ thing, but generally there is a difference between balding guys between nw3 and 5 wHo grow their hair out in weird attempts to cover it up (no self actualization of the ego) and guys who buzz it down/shave it and embrace their ugly shiny heads, as hard as it is. Obviously it’s possible to be in a state of acceptance even with severe hair loss and grown out hair, but I do not think thats often the case.
A truly „bald“ personality type I can simply not find. If anything, guys who shave their ***t down, do not wear hats and so on seem to have pretty robust character traits if you ask me, especially if you account for your own and societys lookism towards them

Kenny

You're looking at that in a vacuum.

Go check on that man years down the road when the drug loses its effectiveness and/or the PFS sets in. That's no victory in those pics - just a snapshot in time of metabolic/hormonal Russian roulette.
I'm just saying that people who think that diet/lifestyle changes will grow your their hair back are in denial. We have never seen any pictures like that posted, while we have seen thousands from FDA approved treatments. Looking at the official studies the chance for negative effects isn't that big.. Danny Roddy looks like con man to me - talks a lot, but never comes with falsifable theories. I wish that we could regrow hair using supplements and that somebody proved me wrong, but so far there is 0 evidence for that.

lol so in other words you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

To be fair you are dodging his point- maybe there are consequences- but he never said there weren't. His point was that there is not a single not pharma treatment that has been anywhere close.

JDreamer

lol so in other words you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

To be fair you are dodging his point- maybe there are consequences- but he never said there weren't. His point was that there is not a single not pharma treatment that has been anywhere close.

Nobody is dodging. It's about seeing the forest from the trees. Those pharma results come with a significant cost.

Ableton

Keeping hair with pharma options does not always come with significant cost.
It comes with significant risk

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom