Fecal Transplant Testing

FredSonoma

Such_Saturation said:
oxidation_is_normal said:
on their own?

Well, I imagine a minimum of two people doing it :cool: :hiding

Lmao

Do you know any hobbyist/online communities are testing out fecal transplants on their own?

I have done FMT 3 times (3 different donors, didn't have lasting good results as far as I know) and there are a ton of people doing DIY FMTs here: http://thepowerofpoop.com/ and here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thepowerofpoop/

pboy

LOL....I thought people were weird and like...pushing being gay if doing the whole colonic cleansing stuff...but this takes it to a whole new level

like dude...***t is supposed to come OUT of your body...why in Zeus's name would you ever purposefully shove more ***t UP your ****

never do anything you'd be ashamed to tell people about

jyb

pboy said:
like dude...s*** is supposed to come OUT of your body...why in Zeus's name would you ever purposefully shove more s*** UP your ****

Don't be so closed minded. We can do it together pboy.

OP
O
Not sure why I assumed I had started a productive thread :P

Wiping out the bacteria causing problems and introducing a microbiome that works very well for someone else (maybe you'd have to get it from a specific person, like you do with blood, due to immune-matching properties of the colonies) seems like a reasonable procedure. In fact, implementing a procedure and demonstrating that the colonies have taken in the new environment would serve as great evidence of whether or not we should be focusing on microbiome determinism in health.

Stuart

Not sure why I assumed I had started a productive thread :P

Wiping out the bacteria causing problems and introducing a microbiome that works very well for someone else (maybe you'd have to get it from a specific person, like you do with blood, due to immune-matching properties of the colonies) seems like a reasonable procedure. In fact, implementing a procedure and demonstrating that the colonies have taken in the new environment would serve as great evidence of whether or not we should be focusing on microbiome determinism in health.

It's always struck me that the amount of poop you transplant is such a tiny percentage of your colon microbiota. Nevertheless they are the only thing that seems to work with c. difficile problems - which are now resistant to even the most powerful broad spectrum antibiotics, so they must be doing some good. For general gut dysbiosis problems (IBS, gut permeabiliy problems like allergies etc.) which may take years to relolve properly, complementing the introduction of new bacteria from either a FT or SBO supplemention with gradually increasing fermentable fiber consumption (either from food or supplements (particularly if you keep up the intake of the SBO's) seem to offer tne best hope of FT's working long term. Most gastroenterologists these days caution that FT's only seem to work long term if you start feeding the commensals with more fermentable fiber as well, and go on doing so until your dying day. But it is important to increase the fermentable fiber very slowly. Basically only as fast as you can without bloating . Bloating is a sure sign that you suffer from some degree of SIBO. There do seem to be a lot of people on this forum who suffer from SIBO, but who blame fermentable fiber. Unfortunately the inflammation caused by bacteria proliferating above healthy numbers in your S.I. are doing much more unseen (and ongoing) damage than the discomfort of bloating. Which should only be seen as a diagnostic tool.
The people who need fermentable fiber the most are unfortunately the ones who think it 'doesn't agree with them'. If you tolerate fermentable fiber well, it's a sign that you have a healthy digestive tract with appropriate populations of the commensals you want, all the way from your mouth to your colon.
Also, FT's are completely dependent on the digestive health of the donor. If they don't eat a lot of fermentable fiber, they won't even be aware if their microbiome is dysbiotic.

Amazoniac

I always wondered how or if living a promiscuous lifestyle, constantly having oral sex affects gut microbes..
I mean, babies are affected at birth due to their immature gut, but I guess pboyimlovinithim that it has to impact at least a bit in some way.

Well why do you think homosexuals are so famous for "immune deficiency syndrome"?

Stuart

Amazoniac said:
I always wondered how or if living a promiscuous lifestyle, constantly having oral sex affects gut microbes..
I mean, babies are affected at birth due to their immature gut, but I guess pboyimlovinithim that it has to impact at least a bit in some way.

You are priceless Amazoniac.
But it's actually a very interesting point. Even just normal kissing would involve a fairly robust exchange of bacteria. My Mother always said that my Father 'changed' the longer they were married - and not in a good way. I never told her this, but I think her crazy microbiota were involved - which used to affect me too, and both my brothers, in what used to be thought of as genetic traits, but is now coming to be understood more as epigenetic transfer through gut microbes.
And close sexual contact would ensure that sexual partners would soon share microbiota. I've always wondered whether what my father was like before he met my mother.
Our behaviour is so profounly affected by our gut microbiota.

Stuart

Such_Saturation said:
Well why do you think homosexuals are so famous for "immune deficiency syndrome"?

I thought that in Africa AIDS was just as likely to be transmitted through heterosexual sex. But I'm not sure whether heterosexual sexual transmission is more likely through anal sex or not

XPlus

Dr. Martin Ssempa approves of this :thumbup:

[bbvideo=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17C_9TXgAms[/bbvideo]

Stuart

XPlus said:
Dr. Martin Ssempa approves of this :thumbup:

Wouldn't it be terrifying to be a homosexual Ugandan?

On topic, it' s interesting that C. difficile infections kill 14.000 Americans every year, and the only effective treatment is a fecal transplant. So don't laugh pboy, you might need one some day.

XPlus

Amazoniac said:
I was wondering about the impacts of cunnilingus on gut microbes.

Fascinating, Amazoniac :cool:

Stuart said:
Wouldn't it be terrifying to be a homosexual Ugandan?

Not as terrifying as being a hetro in Saudi Arabia :D

Amazoniac said:
Such_, you always enjoy mentioning extremes. Haha!
But I didn't mean direct contact with blood, or transmission of acute infections.

I was wondering about the impacts of cunnilingus on gut microbes.

Just saying... if it really is an infection, it has to start from somewhere...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3893

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3879

I think we need this one to really raise the bar a notch, but that's just my opinion.

asd.gif

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:ss :ss :ss :ss

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals