MCT Oil Messed Up My Gut And Dont Know What To Do

papaya

I made the mistake of taking 3 tablespoons on my first day. In divided doses. I was used to digesting coconut oil in the same way with no problem but after the MCT everything has gone haywire.

Super fast and watery transit time. Maybe its too much serotonin and Cypro will help.
you can try eating rice to absorb/slow down transit. what are you other symptoms? maybe the mct oil increased your metabolism & that's what's causing the digestive issue?

fradon

Hi all,

I tried MCT oil about 2 weeks ago for the 1st time. Ever since then I cannot handle coconut oil at all.

I went to the doc and found nothing after ordering fecal test. Still I have constant diarrhea and sensitivity to everything.

Before that I consumed coconut oil on the carrot salads and for general cooking. Cant even tolerate the little mct oil in Progest-E now. Also cant handle hotmilk anymore.

Does anyone know where to start to fix everything up? I just ordered Cypro out of desperation.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

i too have problems with this oil. it makes me bloat.

try drinking strong straight black coffee...if your gallbladder is not well the coffee will help it. perhaps try some butter on toast see if that helps...

oat meal would be another solution as the oats can clean out the guts.

managing

Me too. I never took that much, but very irritating to the gut. @haidut has posted some stuff about its antimicrobial qualities. So I think its likely just like taking a really indiscriminate antibiotic (combined perhaps with an antifungal and antiviral as well). A very mild diet ought to restore things. Like the juiced and cooked potatoes RP has described before.

@LemonT its been over a week now. Any improvement?

fradon

according to the blood type diet coconut has some bad lectins that effect the gut

OP
L

LemonT

Me too. I never took that much, but very irritating to the gut. @haidut has posted some stuff about its antimicrobial qualities. So I think its likely just like taking a really indiscriminate antibiotic (combined perhaps with an antifungal and antiviral as well). A very mild diet ought to restore things. Like the juiced and cooked potatoes RP has described before.

@LemonT its been over a week now. Any improvement?

Thanks for asking.

Honestly I see no real improvement. It's more like adjusting to a new normal. Sensitive stomach. Everything makes me go.

Cyproheptadine is the only thing that allows me to control it for part of the day. I'm thinking about going on a round of antibiotics.

Honestly don't know what to do. I'm going to try theLaw's regimen to help the gut.

If you have any more suggestions I am ready to listen.

OP
L

LemonT

Might try activated charcoal (4T) to clean out any problematic gut bacteria, and BCAA to help with digestion (even 5G (with meals) of the standard mix from Bulk Sups should help).

https://www.amazon.com/Branched-Cha...1DXUThA78L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

I would be willing to bet that it's not the mct oil unless you're using a brand with additives, so I would look toward your diet as a whole.

Low-liquid, enough calories, low-starch, with mostly sugar/fructose.

For a short-term quick fix, a raw carrot with each meal will probably help your digestion.
I've seen you post elsewhere about the potato juice and amino acids. I think I will try that.

Gelatin with every meal also.

Also going to give charcoal a go.

theLaw

I've seen you post elsewhere about the potato juice and amino acids. I think I will try that.

Gelatin with every meal also.

Also going to give charcoal a go.

Be careful with the gelatin. Many people with compromised guts have had issues with endotoxin from undigested gelatin. Dissolving it in warm liquid should do the trick.

Also, pure glycine will repair gut damage very quickly, and it's cheap and sweet (20G dose will take care of most stomach pain/discomfort immediately).

Also, if the potato juice doesn't work, then there's probably something that you're eating that is re-injuring your gut (think starch). Cheers!:D

OP
L

LemonT

Be careful with the gelatin. Many people with compromised guts have had issues with endotoxin from undigested gelatin. Dissolving it in warm liquid should do the trick.

Also, pure glycine will repair gut damage very quickly, and it's cheap and sweet (20G dose will take care of most stomach pain/discomfort immediately).

Also, if the potato juice doesn't work, then there's probably something that you're eating that is re-injuring your gut (think starch). Cheers!:D
Thank you brother. Will give it a go. Also remember seeing a video about fresh OJ destroying endotoxin caused by inflammatory fast food. I think i will add that. 4-8 OZ tops.

J

jb116

Hi all,

I tried MCT oil about 2 weeks ago for the 1st time. Ever since then I cannot handle coconut oil at all.

I went to the doc and found nothing after ordering fecal test. Still I have constant diarrhea and sensitivity to everything.

Before that I consumed coconut oil on the carrot salads and for general cooking. Cant even tolerate the little mct oil in Progest-E now. Also cant handle hotmilk anymore.

Does anyone know where to start to fix everything up? I just ordered Cypro out of desperation.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Progest-E doesn't contain MCT.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals