Poop Transplant To Recolonize The Gut

Fecal transplantation (or bacteriotherapy) is the transfer of stool from a healthy donor into the gastrointestinal tract for the purpose of treating recurrent C. difficile colitis.

Would you do it?

XPlus

And that - kids - is what they call a medicinal booty call.
I think they have a step-by-step DIY guide on e-how now.

lindsay

I think I would rather prefer trying to repopulate my own intestine with "healthy" bacteria following antibiotic usage first....... there's something incredibly strange about fecal transfer.

Sheik

Like pooping back and forth? I'm sure someone around here is willing.

milk_lover

lol this is disgusting. I wouldn't do it even if it's proven to be good for well-being.

misery guts

The only bit I don't get is how it's supposed to get rid of the current (presumably pathogenic) biofilms you already have?

Amazoniac

The only bit I don't get is how it's supposed to get rid of the current (presumably pathogenic) biofilms you already have?
This is actually a very good question, because otherwise a normal antibiotic treatment would work if you cared for the problematic phase after the treatment, that leaves that window of opportunity when you're no longer relying on antibiotics.
The only thing I can comment is that hopefully this thread is not featured on the recent ones when pboy reappears, otherwise he would run away from the forum forever..

misery guts

Good questions. How do you take care of the biofilms?

Cooling Inflammation: biofilm

Art Ayers has a lot of interesting info on this blog, especially in the comment section. I'm unable to find it right now but I remember a while back whilst reading through one of those articles, someone posted about a two week fast they conducted in an attempt to combat their CFS. They described (and iirc they referred to a facebook group where this was experienced by others) a "flushing" event at around 10 days in, whereby they excreted stuff that looked like... Well.. What you'd imagine biofilm to look like I guess. They had linked to pictures and it certainly didn't look like anything I've ever seen in the toilet before.

Unfortunately most of his recommendations don't merge with Peat too well. He's pro fish oil, pectin, pro biotics, and thinks anti biotics have little effect on biofilm - saying they require about 100x the strength, and end up just selecting for resistant strains.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals