Exercise and stress. The most important Peat thing I’ve learned

BlackMolasses

I wonder what the metabolic and hormonal effects of additional muscle mass are. Mainstream science tends to emphasise the positives, but my personal experiences would indicate that it compromises digestion and perhaps liver function, presumably by diverting energy to the skeletal muscles. I think it can be especially troublesome for those who are naturally lean and have to force feed to gain muscle.
I don't think that's a problem unless you're actually "muscularly obese"

MarcelZD

I don't think that's a problem unless you're actually "muscularly obese"

One would think that but I have found my caloric requirements to literally double with an additional 10kg of muscle and heavy lifting. At this point my digestion inevitably becomes problematic.

MarcelZD

even with very dense calorie sources?
Most dense foods will include starch or excessive amounts of dairy which are very likely to cause problems. Even natural bodybuilders tend to have terrible skin and hair, and I believe a compromised gut might be a culprit. I have tried chocolate and ice cream for a while but didn't feel comfortable to have those as major calorie sources.

Neeters 27

Women like strong, powerful men. Not necessarily 6% body fat, capped side delts and a guy that channels insecurities through his body composition.
Dont generalize. I am a woman. I met my new husband who is 23 years younger than me at the gym. I am the strong powerful woman. He is skinny and 40 lbs less than me. BUT he is super hairy, dark haired, beard, very masculine, thin build, but ultra shredded. We no longer lift or do gym. He has a physical job doing mechanical maintenance, and I got sick of feeling sore from workouts, so I just bike and swim when I feel like it.

BlackMolasses

Most dense foods will include starch or excessive amounts of dairy which are very likely to cause problems. Even natural bodybuilders tend to have terrible skin and hair, and I believe a compromised gut might be a culprit. I have tried chocolate and ice cream for a while but didn't feel comfortable to have those as major calorie sources.
Obviously because these are processed products and not very nutritious, I'm talking about milk and cheese (raw), fatty and gelatinous meats, nuts, bananas, white pasta, eggs....

MarcelZD

Obviously because these are processed products and not very nutritious, I'm talking about milk and cheese (raw), fatty and gelatinous meats, nuts, bananas, white pasta, eggs....

Many of these are quite bad if consumed in larger quantities. Fruit is good but difficult to obtain calories from. Milk can be good but at a certain point it's too much. Large quantities of pasta and meat aren't really compatible with good health.

BlackMolasses

Many of these are quite bad if consumed in larger quantities. Fruit is good but difficult to obtain calories from. Milk can be good but at a certain point it's too much. Large quantities of pasta and meat aren't really compatible with good health.
You look quite orthorexic, relax and remember that your body is a war machine whose genetic code has been won over billions of years of natural selection.
There are even people who survive to old age on a really crap diet, a pack of cigarettes a day, alcohol, and little physical activity.
So no need to be paranoid about...pasta.

MarcelZD

You look quite orthorexic, relax and remember that your body is a war machine whose genetic code has been won over billions of years of natural selection.
There are even people who survive to old age on a really crap diet, a pack of cigarettes a day, alcohol, and little physical activity.
So no need to be paranoid about...pasta.

I don't think avoiding pasta as a staple is orthorexic. I would count it among the most offending foods for many people 🤷‍♂️

FitnessMike

My pulse is already going up after stopping exercising

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals