Exercise and stress. The most important Peat thing I’ve learned

OP never even suggested such a thing. He even mentions he'll be returning to lifting at some point.

Well, are you moving objects 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Or do you sleep, rest, and recover?

It's the same principle. And there are studies that show that taking breaks of about 4-6 weeks can be beneficial in a strength training program, as compared to just plowing forward, day after day.

Broda Barnes had a quote in his hypothyroidism book "When people are sick, we don't send them out jogging, we send them to bed." In fact, in a weight training program, all your gains come from the resting phase. While lifting itself sets off the process, it's actually causing injuries to muscles, and you'll never improve without adequate recovery.

Even the Creator rested on the seventh day.

Also, I don't have the luxury of being sedentary. Some of us have careers where physical fitness is the difference between life and death. Context, brother. Context.

YourUniverse

The thought of living life without physical training is just flat out incomprehensible. God gave us joints and muscles. We are meant to move ourselves and objects.

This is really one of my only qualms with Peat principles...permission to be lazy. It's not in our DNA to sit on our asses.
Peat has spoken positively about concentric lifting

Tash

mate you are so weird
I always felt like workouts were intended for homosexual men. I've just never seen a woman specifically attracted to a super muscular physique. There are some that are, but they're attracted to skinny guys too in my experience
Lol such nonsense!!

Few things sexier than a man's pair of toned guns to hold you and make you feel safe.

Any woman who claims to disagree is one who makes zero effort with her own figure.

Matt C

I've trained all my life since 16, i'm now 33. I train because I can't give up the feeling of being athletic as I enjoy partaking in sport from now and then. Plus I plan on playing football again before my time is officially over for contact sports.

I found my overall health has been better lately as well as my mental state, by reducing my weight lifting and focusing a lot more on plyometrics and explosive movements. I always did a little when I used to play American football here in Australia but making these a staple have paid off.

Over training is definitely a thing to avoid. Taking a break and coming back I can attest is also a good thing. Sleep/nutrition are vital but everyone knows that.

I concur that kettlebell movements are great and people should try plyometrics as some can be very challenging - which makes it fun to master - but also very taxing for a short workout.

I also implore people to look into rebounding/mini tramp jumping. The benefits have been discussed by a lot of doctors as a great full body workout with less stress on the joints than anything else out there on par with swimming. Plus it pumps lymph fluid around your body which is extremely beneficial. Look it up in google or youtube and you'll probably be very convinced. You can really go between high and low intensity on a tramp when you know some jumping techniques. The lymphatic system doesn't have a pump so the gravitational force of rebounding pushes the fluid around allowing it to transport nutrients through your body and prevent nodes swelling.

Last edited:
A

Adf

I know you avoided all supplements, but did you take anything specifically to help the reflux? I’m suffering from similar symptoms.

Nope, didn't take anything for it. I also stopped taking antacids and apple cider vinegar too. There's mixed opinions on high vs low PH causing reflux. I watched many videos saying to consume ACV to solve it. That didn't work and made things worse. No matter how much I added, did not resolve it. So I paid attention to the foods which inflamed it and avoided them. Oily foods and spicy foods, and dairy were the worst.

I'm guessing anything that will speed up recovery, immune system, etc such as Cortinon+/progesterone, Wim Hoff method etc here might help somewhat, if your issue is caused by stress damage. But if you're consuming something that is causing it, you must find what that something is and stop consuming it. Removing the source of the issue is the only way to cure completely whether its a food, drink, or stress. You can't Band-Aid the issue with the source still present and be cured.

You might also experiment with drinking food grade Activated Charcoal, if perhaps you have some nasty bugs in your gut causing the reflux. The charcoal could/should control them, however I don't know for sure if it will help you. I learnt about Charcoal, Wim Hoff and progesterone after my issue was resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeatBull

Lifting can be stresfull yeah, but I've realized that it's more stressfull for me to look in the mirror everyday and see the body I don't like.

FitnessMike

Lol such nonsense!!

Few things sexier than a man's pair of toned guns to hold you and make you feel safe.

Any woman who claims to disagree is one who makes zero effort with her own figure.
tell him sister, tell him

Korven

Lol such nonsense!!

You mean like this?

toned guns.jpeg

Peatful

Self
Self
Self...

SamYo123

I've trained all my life since 16, i'm now 33. I train because I can't give up the feeling of being athletic as I enjoy partaking in sport from now and then. Plus I plan on playing football again before my time is officially over for contact sports.

I found my overall health has been better lately as well as my mental state, by reducing my weight lifting and focusing a lot more on plyometrics and explosive movements. I always did a little when I used to play American football here in Australia but making these a staple have paid off.

Over training is definitely a thing to avoid. Taking a break and coming back I can attest is also a good thing. Sleep/nutrition are vital but everyone knows that.

I concur that kettlebell movements are great and people should try plyometrics as some can be very challenging - which makes it fun to master - but also very taxing for a short workout.

I also implore people to look into rebounding/mini tramp jumping. The benefits have been discussed by a lot of doctors as a great full body workout with less stress on the joints than anything else out there on par with swimming. Plus it pumps lymph fluid around your body which is extremely beneficial. Look it up in google or youtube and you'll probably be very convinced. You can really go between high and low intensity on a tramp when you know some jumping techniques. The lymphatic system doesn't have a pump so the gravitational force of rebounding pushes the fluid around allowing it to transport nutrients through your body and prevent nodes swelling.
www.functionalpatterns.com

tankasnowgod

Also, I don't have the luxury of being sedentary. Some of us have careers where physical fitness is the difference between life and death. Context, brother. Context.
You keep using that word "context." I don't think you know what it means.

This is a thread about someone who found physical benefits from taking a month long break after years of continuous lifting. So, your response about not being lazy would have to be taken in the "context" of this thread.

And in this context, it sure came off as if taking a break from exercise was just laziness.

YourUniverse

Jumping around is extremely healthy! Assuming it feels good.

This is what Robert Morse talks about. I feel like this is mostly for people for whom walking is not an option?

Matt C

Jumping around is extremely healthy! Assuming it feels good.

This is what Robert Morse talks about. I feel like this is mostly for people for whom walking is not an option?
It feels great in my experience. I put on music in my headphones and i find myself bouncing pretty strenuously with particular beats in my songs and it's fun. Plus I found 20 minutes is more than enough so I can bang out a quick workout at home without moving from the one area.

I don't know Robert Morse but i'll look him up. Rebounding is so low impact and you can really start at your own pace by doing very small bounces and using a tramp with a handle for stability, so for people who can't walk I think it would make a great alternative.

is eccentric movement really that bad? many bodybuilders actually focus specifically on a good eccentric strech when they are doing their reps and produce good size.

YourUniverse

It feels great in my experience. I put on music in my headphones and i find myself bouncing pretty strenuously with particular beats in my songs and it's fun. Plus I found 20 minutes is more than enough so I can bang out a quick workout at home without moving from the one area.

I don't know Robert Morse but i'll look him up. Rebounding is so low impact and you can really start at your own pace by doing very small bounces and using a tramp with a handle for stability, so for people who can't walk I think it would make a great alternative.
Is there an economical option you can recommend?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals