Exercise and stress. The most important Peat thing I’ve learned

FitnessMike

I stopped lifting weights for like 2 years after i realized it was detrimental to my health considering i was very hypo. This did not contribute to bettering my state.

Recently restarted lifting weights and it does raise my pulse for hours after. Same with ping pong at work, it can boost my pulse for hours.

I find that taking cortisol quenching supplements and of course carbs, can help with the stress response resulting from lifting weights.

Elast1c

So your body is basically giving out on you following a "Peaty" diet and your solution is to stop exercise. It just goes to show you whatever variant of the Peat diet you are doing is failing you. Because you should never follow a diet that does not take into account every micronutrient. You can still consume sugars, avoid excess PUFA, and still be strong. But you have the strength, stamina and vitality of a little boy because you trust that your diet is adequate even though it isn't. You have bad blood pressure control, sex drive is nill. The most grave mistake this forum makes is fear of acetylcholine and fear of PUFA.

Consequently because of these two reasons, egg avoidance is a common thing here because of these two reasons. There is no hope for any of you to be physically strong ever if you do not understand the important of choline and acetylcholine in muscle strength. Your body will feel like its falling apart when choline intake is low because it quite literally is. You will have no muscle tone (look flabby), no strength, you will have low libido and sexual function, you will be less resilient to stress and have more inflammation, if choline intake is ***t which I guarantee 99% of you who have these problems (especially dysautonomic symptoms, intolerance to exercise in general, severe muscle weakness) have an absolutely ***t intake of choline. I recommend a minimum of 700mg a day. Many of you will do better with much more than that up to a gram or more a day. 3-6 eggs a day as well as half a pound or more of meat is the simplest way to do this.

This is especially a problem for men because we have very little estrogen so we cannot make much of our own endogenous choline when we don't get much in our diet. Estrogen induces PEMT which makes phosphatidylcholine which can then be cleaved to make free choline for acetylcholine synthesis. As if this was not bad enough, PEMT mutations are common in europeans so you could even be more unfortunate if your man of european descent and have these enzyme mutations. One of the negative variations is common in 50% of europeans. Read about it here:

For those of you who have a genetic test done such as 23andme, you can input your raw data into Chris masterjohns tool that will calculate the optimal choline intake for you based on your genes.

Its comical that so many men here have accepted how fragile and physically weak they have become and just decide to roll over and give up. Good thing I am here to enlighten you all. Of course you don't have to listen and try my advice at all and you can continue being fragile and slowly get worse in every health measure because you are afraid of some PUFA and choline in eggs due to misinformation. Your loss in the end. It is honestly ridiculous just how many men seem to deal with this progressive exercise intolerance and the answer is always to just cut back or stop completely.

That's because you are falling apart. Try eating 4 eggs in the morning and at least a half pound of meat if not more daily and observe how much more capable you are in your lifts.
Try counting all the x-rays and years of damaging substance exposure, stressful life experiences and then decide what the "ideal diet" looks like. I really don't need more choline than eggs a few times a week for sanity; would like to manage standing inflammation as it already is. I don't need pounds of meat because I don't want iron and Ray has said the same. Phosphates deranged. Pregnenolone, thyroid, aspirin, red light, ice cream for sleeping, b1 are means by which people can lower estrogen, protect systemic health and promote muscle growth.

redsun

Try counting all the x-rays and years of damaging substance exposure, stressful life experiences and then decide what the "ideal diet" looks like. I really don't need more choline than eggs a few times a week for sanity; would like to manage standing inflammation as it already is. I don't need pounds of meat because I don't want iron and Ray has said the same. Phosphates deranged. Pregnenolone, thyroid, aspirin, red light, ice cream for sleeping, b1 are means by which people can lower estrogen, protect systemic health and promote muscle growth.
Bold of you to assume I have never experienced damaging life experiences and exposures.

I follow science, and do not blindly follow and always assume truth in one expert's opinions. That is the number one mistake anyone can make in regards to their health. I learn from every expert I can. You are looking at biochemistry through a pinhole if you rely so heavily on just Peat for answers.

Irrational iron and phosphate fear. Iron is so poorly absorbed as it is so true excess of iron is very hard to get, and the solution is so simple if you happen to be in that situation. Most at risk are middle age and older men while the rest of the population is actually more likely to be deficient in iron. Phosphorus is an indispensable mineral. You need calcium, but the ratio is not important, so restricting foods just because they violate this ratio is ridiculous and ill-advised. Most people do not need to supplement thyroid hormones or whatever other nonsense that is so typical in the Peat community. Hypothyroidism can be fixed by a nutritionally balanced diet and fixing nutritional deficiencies. Why would you supplement steroid hormones or thyroid hormone for that matter when you can make your own?

You are like a parrot who just repeats what he's read but knows very little of what he says.

You can eat however you want, but if you fit into the category of men who have exercise intolerance, are physically weak, low libido, poor blood pressure control and dysautonomic symptoms, don't be surprised why you are like that.

A.R

So your body is basically giving out on you following a "Peaty" diet and your solution is to stop exercise. It just goes to show you whatever variant of the Peat diet you are doing is failing you. Because you should never follow a diet that does not take into account every micronutrient. You can still consume sugars, avoid excess PUFA, and still be strong. But you have the strength, stamina and vitality of a little boy because you trust that your diet is adequate even though it isn't. You have bad blood pressure control, sex drive is nill. The most grave mistake this forum makes is fear of acetylcholine and fear of PUFA.

Consequently because of these two reasons, egg avoidance is a common thing here because of these two reasons. There is no hope for any of you to be physically strong ever if you do not understand the important of choline and acetylcholine in muscle strength. Your body will feel like its falling apart when choline intake is low because it quite literally is. You will have no muscle tone (look flabby), no strength, you will have low libido and sexual function, you will be less resilient to stress and have more inflammation, if choline intake is ***t which I guarantee 99% of you who have these problems (especially dysautonomic symptoms, intolerance to exercise in general, severe muscle weakness) have an absolutely ***t intake of choline. I recommend a minimum of 700mg a day. Many of you will do better with much more than that up to a gram or more a day. 3-6 eggs a day as well as half a pound or more of meat is the simplest way to do this.

This is especially a problem for men because we have very little estrogen so we cannot make much of our own endogenous choline when we don't get much in our diet. Estrogen induces PEMT which makes phosphatidylcholine which can then be cleaved to make free choline for acetylcholine synthesis. As if this was not bad enough, PEMT mutations are common in europeans so you could even be more unfortunate if your man of european descent and have these enzyme mutations. One of the negative variations is common in 50% of europeans. Read about it here:

For those of you who have a genetic test done such as 23andme, you can input your raw data into Chris masterjohns tool that will calculate the optimal choline intake for you based on your genes.

Its comical that so many men here have accepted how fragile and physically weak they have become and just decide to roll over and give up. Good thing I am here to enlighten you all. Of course you don't have to listen and try my advice at all and you can continue being fragile and slowly get worse in every health measure because you are afraid of some PUFA and choline in eggs due to misinformation. Your loss in the end. It is honestly ridiculous just how many men seem to deal with this progressive exercise intolerance and the answer is always to just cut back or stop completely.

That's because you are falling apart. Try eating 4 eggs in the morning and at least a half pound of meat if not more daily and observe how much more capable you are in your lifts.
Thank you for your advice. I’ve just ordered some choline and inositol capsules. Will start of with low dose and see how my body feels.

redsun

Thank you for your advice. I’ve just ordered some choline and inositol capsules. Will start of with low dose and see how my body feels.
Well usually I recommend food but its alright I suppose if you want to test it out. Choline or choline rich foods should be consumed early in the day as a lot of choline at night can make it hard for some to fall asleep.

A.R

Well usually I recommend food but its alright I suppose if you want to test it out. Choline or choline rich foods should be consumed early in the day as a lot of choline at night can make it hard for some to fall asleep.
Amazing thank you for the tips about taking it early in the day. Yes I actually crave eggs everyday and have to stop myself from over eating them. I try to not go over 5. I’ve just started to incorporate mutton in my diet aswell. I feel my body is low in choline judging how badly I crave eggs, so I thought I’ll try low dose supplement. It’s a 1500mg capsule with 750mg each of choline bitartrate and inositol. I’ll try just take half a capsule first and judge the effects.

What do I need to look out for to judge if I’m overdoing it?

redsun

Amazing thank you for the tips about taking it early in the day. Yes I actually crave eggs everyday and have to stop myself from over eating them. I try to not go over 5. I’ve just started to incorporate mutton in my diet aswell. I feel my body is low in choline judging how badly I crave eggs, so I thought I’ll try low dose supplement. It’s a 1500mg capsule with 750mg each of choline bitartrate and inositol. I’ll try just take half a capsule first and judge the effects.

What do I need to look out for to judge if I’m overdoing it?
Honestly I would just eat more eggs or you may just be craving more protein in general or something else thats in the eggs. You do not need to supplement extra choline with how many eggs you eat. But anyways, signs you may be getting too much choline is low heart rate, low BP, excessive sweating, excessive salivation, very vivid dreams. So give it a shot if you already bought the supplement and if you start getting those signs then you just lay off and try eating more eggs or more protein instead.

A.R

Honestly I would just eat more eggs or you may just be craving more protein in general or something else thats in the eggs. You do not need to supplement extra choline with how many eggs you eat. But anyways, signs you may be getting too much choline is low heart rate, low BP, excessive sweating, excessive salivation, very vivid dreams. So give it a shot if you already bought the supplement and if you start getting those signs then you just lay off and try eating more eggs or more protein instead.
No problem thank you. Yes I’ve been trying to increase my protein as like you said my body is craving it. Seafood is expensive and not really filling. I’ve found per 100g it only has around 12g protein. I buy low fat cheese. Low fat milk. Eating chicken I get endotoxin type symptoms so I avoid, even though I find it so tasty. Mutton/red meat is also expensive, but I’ve bit the bullet on it, as it’s high quality protein. Mutton shoulder is naturally high in glycine. Excellent protein profile.

So my main source of protein is low fat milk/cheese/eggs and mutton. I don’t use any extra oil or fat to cook the eggs to save on the extra calories or PUFA (just cooking spray) and I keep the yolk runny. Some days I’ve gone up to eating 8(!) medium sized eggs in one sitting. I don’t think that’s particularly healthy?

I also supplement gelatine/glycine/taurine in coffee.

I feel as though my liver is damaged from stress and being prescribed SSRI and antipsychotic drugs(which I’ve stopped now and dealing with withdrawals). I wasn’t on the drugs for long, but they really do mess you up. I was also stupid enough to use Proviron for a very short time. That’s also messed my liver up.

The high protein/choline will help my liver and brain regenerate.

I need to get back in the habit of my daily carrot.

A.R

It’s interesting you mention excessive salivation and sweating as symptoms of high choline. For many years I’ve suffered from dry mouth(barely any saliva) and difficulty in sweating (dysautonomia symptoms).

I supplement with B1, B2, B3, B6 and Biotin.

Eating lamb liver for some reason dramatically lowers zinc inside my body (skin peeling from nails, slow wound healing) I think due to the high copper. Then I take a zinc supplement and its very easy to then deplete copper. So I’m stuck in a desperate circle. I think I might try and eat a very small amount of liver on a daily basis instead. Liver is disgusting, but it’s very cheap to buy fresh, and obviously very healthy.

Oh yes, other than all the horrible drugs which I took, my body’s also had to deal with getting the double jab, because I had to unwillingly travel due to some problems.

redsun

It’s interesting you mention excessive salivation and sweating as symptoms of high choline. For many years I’ve suffered from dry mouth(barely any saliva) and difficulty in sweating (dysautonomia symptoms).

I supplement with B1, B2, B3, B6 and Biotin.

Eating lamb liver for some reason dramatically lowers zinc inside my body (skin peeling from nails, slow wound healing) I think due to the high copper. Then I take a zinc supplement and its very easy to then deplete copper. So I’m stuck in a desperate circle. I think I might try and eat a very small amount of liver on a daily basis instead. Liver is disgusting, but it’s very cheap to buy fresh, and obviously very healthy.

Oh yes, other than all the horrible drugs which I took, my body’s also had to deal with getting the double jab, because I had to unwillingly travel due to some problems.
The very high vitamin A content can cause low acetylcholine symptoms so I would not eat liver especially if you suffer with dry mouth. The very high content of choline in eggs balances out the little amounts of vitamin A in eggs so its not problematic. With the foods you eat you should not really need to supplement Bs.

Zinc upregulates muscarinic receptors which secrete saliva. It would be a good idea to eat some red meat every day and oysters sometimes for extra zinc to see if it helps improve dry mouth.

As for sweating if you only sweat when you exercise very hard theres not really an issue with that. It really depends on the person. Some people just don't sweat much. Dry mouth is an issue however for the health of the teeth and the gums.

No problem thank you. Yes I’ve been trying to increase my protein as like you said my body is craving it. Seafood is expensive and not really filling. I’ve found per 100g it only has around 12g protein. I buy low fat cheese. Low fat milk. Eating chicken I get endotoxin type symptoms so I avoid, even though I find it so tasty. Mutton/red meat is also expensive, but I’ve bit the bullet on it, as it’s high quality protein. Mutton shoulder is naturally high in glycine. Excellent protein profile.

So my main source of protein is low fat milk/cheese/eggs and mutton. I don’t use any extra oil or fat to cook the eggs to save on the extra calories or PUFA (just cooking spray) and I keep the yolk runny. Some days I’ve gone up to eating 8(!) medium sized eggs in one sitting. I don’t think that’s particularly healthy?

I also supplement gelatine/glycine/taurine in coffee.

I feel as though my liver is damaged from stress and being prescribed SSRI and antipsychotic drugs(which I’ve stopped now and dealing with withdrawals). I wasn’t on the drugs for long, but they really do mess you up. I was also stupid enough to use Proviron for a very short time. That’s also messed my liver up.

The high protein/choline will help my liver and brain regenerate.

I need to get back in the habit of my daily carrot.

Nothing wrong with eating a lot of eggs as long as they don't give you problems.

A.R

The very high vitamin A content can cause low acetylcholine symptoms so I would not eat liver especially if you suffer with dry mouth. The very high content of choline in eggs balances out the little amounts of vitamin A in eggs so its not problematic. With the foods you eat you should not really need to supplement Bs.

Zinc upregulates muscarinic receptors which secrete saliva. It would be a good idea to eat some red meat every day and oysters sometimes for extra zinc to see if it helps improve dry mouth.

As for sweating if you only sweat when you exercise very hard theres not really an issue with that. It really depends on the person. Some people just don't sweat much. Dry mouth is an issue however for the health of the teeth and the gums.

Nothing wrong with eating a lot of eggs as long as they don't give you problems.
Thanks again. I just started vitamin A supplement thinking it will help lowering my estrogen load, but it made my symptoms worse. Now I know why. I definitely will be staying away from it. Also the selenium supplement I will stay away from (I got it under the impression that it will help my body produce T3, but I already get enough selenium from the eggs and mutton, so I’m just overdoing it by supplementing it).

I feel like my body needs the b vitamins though because I get immediate relief of my symptoms whenever I take them.

Zinc definitely helps with my dry mouth, though it’s very easy to over do it ime. Just one capsule a week I feel is enough for me, otherwise I then get low copper symptoms. Oysters are very hard to get in UK, and they are also hard to digest for me. Almonds are a good source of zinc, but they cause weight gain. I just have to be careful with the zinc, find the sweet spot.

Would you know of anything else which upregulates the muscarinic receptors?

tankasnowgod

You are mistaken and I certainly do.

My point was simply one can build up stress from exercise that is significant. Overtraining is a thing.
There have been some studies that have shown a benefits to taking breaks in this fashion. Over the course of a year, say, you might take two breaks lasting 4-6 weeks or so. Even though you may lose some muscle during the breaks, it tends to come back pretty fast when training again. I think the study showed that a group taking breaks in this fashion make more progress over the entire year than those that just kept on plowing ahead without taking breaks (going by memory here).

It certainly makes sense that there might be small injuries that just don't heal (and hinder progress) until some sort of extended break is taken. I think there is also a mental aspect, breaking up routines instead of just getting and staying in a rut.

I remember noticing this in some baseball players, back when I watched MLB a lot. Some guys who ended up taking a season or more off (due to injuries or suspensions) could sometimes come back with a renewed vigor, and were at a far better level than they were before hand.

redsun

Thanks again. I just started vitamin A supplement thinking it will help lowering my estrogen load, but it made my symptoms worse. Now I know why. I definitely will be staying away from it. Also the selenium supplement I will stay away from (I got it under the impression that it will help my body produce T3, but I already get enough selenium from the eggs and mutton, so I’m just overdoing it by supplementing it).

I feel like my body needs the b vitamins though because I get immediate relief of my symptoms whenever I take them.

Zinc definitely helps with my dry mouth, though it’s very easy to over do it ime. Just one capsule a week I feel is enough for me, otherwise I then get low copper symptoms. Oysters are very hard to get in UK, and they are also hard to digest for me. Almonds are a good source of zinc, but they cause weight gain. I just have to be careful with the zinc, find the sweet spot.

Would you know of anything else which upregulates the muscarinic receptors?
No I dont know of anything else. But if you are going to take B vitamins it should be taken as a complex but not every day. B5 is also important to acetylcholine function since its needed for acetyl-CoA synthesis.

A

Adf

Probably the most influential thing I’ve done to help fix my health has been to completely stop lifting. I had pushed myself years never missing a workout. I had a strength coach I would workout 4 times a week and increasingly high intensities and volumes, and dont get me wrong, I gained a ton of muscle and strength. How could building muscle be unhealthy? I thought I could recover if my diet and supplements were good enough.

But after a year of Peating, my sex drive was zero, I was still losing my hair and my blood pressure was 145/90 and I still felt like a zombie and wasn’t losing fat. I couldn’t lift anymore. Ive quit lifting for about a month now, and every one of these negative trends has reversed. Most importantly, I’m feeling better.

LESSON LEARNED: Don’t under estimate how stressful exercise can be. I plan on getting back into lifting eventually, but from a position of good health! Probably also limiting volume and intensity as well.

Perhaps you can try instead of not working out at all, to do bodyweight/calisthenics and light weights. Also practice breathwork like Wim Hoff method each day to stimulate recovery.

I've been training since 2008, and have learnt a heck of a lot through training myself and training my friends. I have also experienced what you have from severe overtraining. In my early twenties about 8 years ago there was a preworkout product by Driven Sports called 'Craze'. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I later learned it had a synthetic amphetamine snuck in it, N,α-DEPEA. No wonder it allowed me to do 3 hour workouts, twice a day morning and night, 6 days a week, with 4-6 hours sleep, for an entire year straight. It had me so wired that I couldn't take longer than a 90 second rest break for the entire duration of both daily workouts. A friend of mine tried it once at 12pm noon, couldn't sleep at all that night, 0 hours, and played a soccer match the next day still pinging and bouncing off walls.

During that year I suffered severe, and I mean truly awfully severe acid reflux from the overtraining and under recovering.

It took me years to recover from the damage I did to my adrenal system from that, but the silver lining is it helped me to find the superior training style for me.

Over my years of training I have done all the programs, super heavy weights, powerbuilding, typical bodybuilding 8-12 reps, calisthenics. What I've learned from it all, at least for my body, and for all of my friends who I have trained is, the most effective muscle building program is high volume, light/moderate weights. Skin splitting pumps with light to moderate weights has worked best for myself and all my friends. And its far healthier on your joints and your central nervous system than lifting strenuous heavy weights.

For large muscles like chest and back, I would do one to two exercises for many reps, what I would call a marathon set, but I've heard others do it and call it a century set. Eg. Incline dumbbell press at a moderate weight were I fail at 20-30 reps. Lift to failure. Rest 30 seconds, strict rest, no longer than 30 seconds. Continue the rep count from where you left off. Repeat until you've done 100 reps. You will quickly find you can only do 5 or so reps after each rest break even with the light weight.

For pullups, depending on my weight I could do 10-20 reps, so same thing. Go until failure, then rest 30 seconds, then go again until 100 reps is achieved.

For other muscles like shoulders, biceps, etc, I do what I call Epic Pyramids, or Gauntlets.
Eg. I have 2.5kg wrist weights, 2kg, 4kg, 6kg and 8kg dumbbells. Keep in mind I'm very large and muscular, so these weights are tiny for me, but you might need to go lighter depending on where you're at.

- There's 2 sets, one rest break between them.
- First set you start with the lightest weight and do 50 reps, then go up in weight and do 10 less reps
- So 50, 40, 30, 20, then 10 reps all with no rest break.
- Then rest 30-60 seconds.
- Then go back the other way, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 reps.

20-30 minute pump workouts every other day, is amazing for your health. You only need to do 1-2 exercises each workout depending on your split.

The key to this training is also to NOT hold your breath like you're used to for the abdominal pressure. You're used to breathing and bracing for heavy weights, and you're used to breathing one inhale and one exhale for each rep. Well with this training style you can and should inhale slowly and deeply, achieving 2-3 reps per inhale, 2-3 reps per exhale.

Training in this way has not decreased the strength I've gained in my early years, for example I still can do weighted dips with an extra 40kg added to the belt, like I did years ago. In fact, being heavier now than I was then, that means I'm stronger. Any slight strength you may lose will be quickly regained if you wish to start lifting heavier again down the track.

Also another key tip, you should stop taking stimulants if you do currently use them. Period. No preworkouts, no coffee, no energy drinks. Overtraining can cause loss of sex drive, but there is something in the bodybuilding world known as stimdick. When you take too much stimulants over a period of time, you will kill your sex drive and get 'stimdick'.

Last edited by a moderator:

A.R

Perhaps you can try instead of not working out at all, to do bodyweight/calisthenics and light weights. Also practice breathwork like Wim Hoff method each day to stimulate recovery.

I've been training since 2008, and have learnt a heck of a lot through training myself and training my friends. I have also experienced what you have from severe overtraining. In my early twenties about 8 years ago there was a preworkout product by Driven Sports called 'Craze'. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I later learned it had a synthetic amphetamine snuck in it, N,α-DEPEA. No wonder it allowed me to do 3 hour workouts, twice a day morning and night, 6 days a week, with 4-6 hours sleep, for an entire year straight. It had me so wired that I couldn't take longer than a 90 second rest break for the entire duration of both daily workouts. A friend of mine tried it once at 12pm noon, couldn't sleep at all that night, 0 hours, and played a soccer match the next day still pinging and bouncing off walls.

During that year I suffered severe, and I mean truly awfully severe acid reflux from the overtraining and under recovering.

It took me years to recover from the damage I did to my adrenal system from that, but the silver lining is it helped me to find the superior training style for me.

Over my years of training I have done all the programs, super heavy weights, powerbuilding, typical bodybuilding 8-12 reps, calisthenics. What I've learned from it all, at least for my body, and for all of my friends who I have trained is, the most effective muscle building program is high volume, light/moderate weights. Skin splitting pumps with light to moderate weights has worked best for myself and all my friends. And its far healthier on your joints and your central nervous system than lifting strenuous heavy weights.

For large muscles like chest and back, I would do one to two exercises for many reps, what I would call a marathon set, but I've heard others do it and call it a century set. Eg. Incline dumbbell press at a moderate weight were I fail at 20-30 reps. Lift to failure. Rest 30 seconds, strict rest, no longer than 30 seconds. Continue the rep count from where you left off. Repeat until you've done 100 reps. You will quickly find you can only do 5 or so reps after each rest break even with the light weight.

For pullups, depending on my weight I could do 10-20 reps, so same thing. Go until failure, then rest 30 seconds, then go again until 100 reps is achieved.

For other muscles like shoulders, biceps, etc, I do what I call Epic Pyramids, or Gauntlets.
Eg. I have 2.5kg wrist weights, 2kg, 4kg, 6kg and 8kg dumbbells. Keep in mind I'm very large and muscular, so these weights are tiny for me, but you might need to go lighter depending on where you're at.

- There's 2 sets, one rest break between them.
- First set you start with the lightest weight and do 50 reps, then go up in weight and do 10 less reps
- So 50, 40, 30, 20, then 10 reps all with no rest break.
- Then rest 30-60 seconds.
- Then go back the other way, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 reps.

20-30 minute pump workouts every other day, is amazing for your health. You only need to do 1-2 exercises each workout depending on your split.

The key to this training is also to NOT hold your breath like you're used to for the abdominal pressure. You're used to breathing and bracing for heavy weights, and you're used to breathing one inhale and one exhale for each rep. Well with this training style you can and should inhale slowly and deeply, achieving 2-3 reps per inhale, 2-3 reps per exhale.

Training in this way has not decreased the strength I've gained in my early years, for example I still can do weighted dips with an extra 40kg added to the belt, like I did years ago. In fact, being heavier now than I was then, that means I'm stronger. Any slight strength you may lose will be quickly regained if you wish to start lifting heavier again down the track.

Also another key tip, you should stop taking stimulants if you do currently use them. Period. No preworkouts, no coffee, no energy drinks. Overtraining can cause loss of sex drive, but there is something in the bodybuilding world known as stimdick. When you take too much stimulants over a period of time, you will kill your sex drive and get 'stimdick'.
I would be very interested to know what you did to recover from the severe reflux you developed, as result of the exercise.

The thought of living life without physical training is just flat out incomprehensible. God gave us joints and muscles. We are meant to move ourselves and objects.

This is really one of my only qualms with Peat principles...permission to be lazy. It's not in our DNA to sit on our asses.

A

Adf

I would be very interested to know what you did to recover from the severe reflux you developed, as result of the exercise.

I essentially adopted the training style I mentioned above albeit less intense, more relaxed, and training no more than 3 times per week. Treated it like a deload at the time, it was through this that I realised I wasn't only not shrinking, but I was growing.

I also stopped consuming any oils, spicy foods, dairy, supplements especially stimulants but anything that has filler ingredients like silicon dioxide or titanium dioxide etc, I avoided those, and ate a little bit more fibrous fruits and vegetables. It took a lot of time, I'd say another 6 months after doing all that, to stop the 24/7 reflux. Then another 6 months to fully cease reflux, as I could still easily get reflux by consuming dairy or spicy food.

Basically avoiding anything inflammatory, and time fixed it.

tankasnowgod

The thought of living life without physical training is just flat out incomprehensible.
OP never even suggested such a thing. He even mentions he'll be returning to lifting at some point.
God gave us joints and muscles. We are meant to move ourselves and objects.

This is really one of my only qualms with Peat principles...permission to be lazy. It's not in our DNA to sit on our asses.
Well, are you moving objects 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Or do you sleep, rest, and recover?

It's the same principle. And there are studies that show that taking breaks of about 4-6 weeks can be beneficial in a strength training program, as compared to just plowing forward, day after day.

Broda Barnes had a quote in his hypothyroidism book "When people are sick, we don't send them out jogging, we send them to bed." In fact, in a weight training program, all your gains come from the resting phase. While lifting itself sets off the process, it's actually causing injuries to muscles, and you'll never improve without adequate recovery.

Even the Creator rested on the seventh day.

A.R

I essentially adopted the training style I mentioned above albeit less intense, more relaxed, and training no more than 3 times per week. Treated it like a deload at the time, it was through this that I realised I wasn't only not shrinking, but I was growing.

I also stopped consuming any oils, spicy foods, dairy, supplements especially stimulants but anything that has filler ingredients like silicon dioxide or titanium dioxide etc, I avoided those, and ate a little bit more fibrous fruits and vegetables. It took a lot of time, I'd say another 6 months after doing all that, to stop the 24/7 reflux. Then another 6 months to fully cease reflux, as I could still easily get reflux by consuming dairy or spicy food.

Basically avoiding anything inflammatory, and time fixed it.

I know you avoided all supplements, but did you take anything specifically to help the reflux? I’m suffering from similar symptoms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals