EVERYTHING We Learned About Butter And Beef Fat Is Not True Anymore

Dairy makes your fat? Chronometer shows 2 grams of PUFA only? Still inflamed? Fishy beef or lamb? Butter tastes funny? Peating doesn't give any results?

We all know that GI tract of cow is able to hydrogenate unsaturated fat. Bacteria bla bla bla.

Sorry, It's not true anymore.

FAT BYPASS FEED is soybean, flaxseed and rapeseed protected from hydrogenation. They call it RUMEN-PROTECTED oil.

Mega-Pro is a combination of Megalac rumen-protected fat and rumen-bypass protein to supply energy and high-quality protein to meet the needs for milk production.

• Contains Megalac rumen-protected fat to improve milk yield and fertility
  • Energy and protein supplied in the recommended balance for maximum milk production
  • Contains an ideal balance of lysine and methionine amino acids for milk protein production
  • Fat not fermented in the rumen - energy without risk of acidosis
Mega-Flax is a unique combination of Megalac rumen-protected fat and processed linseed to supply energy and the essential omega-3 fatty acids which can improve cow fertility.

Products | Animal Feed Suppliers | Megalac

26-36% of C18:1 that are never hydrogenated and go straight to your table.

Screenshot_20200320-224813.png

Last edited:

Noodlz2

Wow. Is there a way to test fat composition of foods at home? It would be the only reliable way to know what you are eating.

Please send this to Ray. Would like to hear his opinion,

If that amount of alfa- linoleic acid( 32%) doesn't get hydrogenated, that would be really bad news.

yerrag

Whoa. Is this allowed to be fed to organic cattle?
Shouldn't be allowed as the bypass oil is man-made. But it all depends on how the USDA allows standards to be watered down.

Bogdar

If the fat desaturate I think it will be visible, so no worries

Vinny

yerrag

If the fat desaturate I think it will be visible, so no worries
I don't understand. I can't visualize it. How does a fat desaturate?

Bogdar

I don't understand. I can't visualize it. How does a fat desaturate?
I mean, if you buy some beef which appears to have high O3/O6 content and less saturated fats, it will be visible. As duck fat, it will be less solid, will melt easier and could even change in taste

yerrag

I mean, if you buy some beef which appears to have high O3/O6 content and less saturated fats, it will be visible. As duck fat, it will be less solid, will melt easier and could even change in taste

Perhaps, but pork fat is pretty solid even if it has PUFAs. I'm afraid beef fat may just appear as firm as pork fat though, and I won't be able to tell the difference.

Perhaps, but pork fat is pretty solid even if it has PUFAs. I'm afraid beef fat may just appear as firm as pork fat though, and I won't be able to tell the difference.
The beef fat that I render gets very solid when I put it in the fridge. Lard has a creamy texture( at least the last lard that I saw), and it's easy to press a hole in it with your fingers. I can't do that with beef tallow easily.

schultz

They've been studying this for a while now, but I've never seen it utilized in a commercial feed. I didn't think it would ever really take off because I assumed it would make the product taste different and people would object (like adding fish oil to dairy products, or omega-3 eggs) and also that it would affect the health of the animal in a negative way. However, detecting omega-3 is one thing as it's quite obviously fishy, but omega-6 might be more difficult so maybe the consumer wouldn't object. Flax should be easy enough though.

If this becomes common in Canada I will be quite upset about it. I will 100% buy a cow. Do they have to ruin everything?! Can't people just eat pork if they want PUFA, and drink pig milk...? :shock:

yerrag

The beef fat that I render gets very solid when I put it in the fridge. Lard has a creamy texture( at least the last lard that I saw), and it's easy to press a hole in it with your fingers. I can't do that with beef tallow easily.
You're comparing rendered beef fat and pork lard, but when we buy meat, we don't get to do that.

You're comparing rendered beef fat and pork lard, but when we buy meat, we don't get to do that.
Right. I guess I was thinking more about a situation where the meat fat was already cooked. If I cook beef, and put some on my plate, the fat that remains on the plate turns solid- ish( at room temperature).

Raw chicken fat is much more tender than raw beef fat, but I don't know if the same applies to pork fat. In your experience, is raw pork fat more tender than beef fat?

somuch4food

It's feed for cows that aims to optimize cow health for better milk production.

It shouldn't matter for beef... and the milk composition change would be easy to spot on nutrition labels if it happens.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals