Estrogen Dominance In Men

Regina

Regina why do you take andro if u r a woman? Not judging just curious.
I am very sensitive to dark mal energy. It's like super-empathic ESP. I train great with normal people but a dark person is very disturbing to me.
Currently, there is a (Machiavelian) fight going on in the school that normal people do not see. Androsterone plus 1/2hr of Heart Sutra/Zen really strengthen my boundaries.
It's like protection. Morehei Ueshiba (who invented aikido) said, "Your spirit is your true shield."

cyclops

I am very sensitive to dark mal energy. It's like super-empathic ESP. I train great with normal people but a dark person is very disturbing to me.
Currently, there is a (Machiavelian) fight going on in the school that normal people do not see. Androsterone plus 1/2hr of Heart Sutra/Zen really strengthen my boundaries.
It's like protection. Morehei Ueshiba (who invented aikido) said, "Your spirit is your true shield."

Thats some interesting stuff right there.

milk_lover

Yeah but at which cost? Masculinizing herself? Or women can take androsterone also without masculinizing effects?
That's the thing that worries me about andro a little. I don't know and I think nobody knows, except maybe from n=1 experiences like hearing Regina's andro journey. It's not researched enough and that's why Peat is cautious about it, telling me that in an email..

Regina

That's the thing that worries me about andro a little. I don't know and I think nobody knows, except maybe from n=1 experiences like hearing Regina's andro journey. It's not researched enough and that's why Peat is cautious about it, telling me that in an email..
It's not like I am drinking the stuff.
I tend to take a 1 hr class 4 x per week. For now, I will do 2 drops androsterone on those afternoons. I then do my heart sutra thing (fill myself up with MU, emptiness, no judgement, compassion) and head off to class. Everything is fine.
I can afford some masculinizing.
This dojo has a huge wall display of our names and rank engraved on wooden tiles. It's pretty hilarious how a swarm of students stand in front of it staring--constantly comparing themselves to where they are in the hierarchy.
There is only power of self. No other power exists.

milk_lover

It's not like I am drinking the stuff.
I tend to take a 1 hr class 4 x per week. For now, I will do 2 drops androsterone on those afternoons. I then do my heart sutra thing (fill myself up with MU, emptiness, no judgement, compassion) and head off to class. Everything is fine.
I can afford some masculinizing.
This dojo has a huge wall display of our names and rank engraved on wooden tiles. It's pretty hilarious how a swarm of students stand in front of it staring--constantly comparing themselves to where they are in the hierarchy.
There is only power of self. No other power exists.
Oh I see. Thanks for sharing. I hate the fact that my teammates at work think too much about end of the year appraisal to the point where they get really emotional and jealous if someone got higher 'score' than them on a piece of paper. They even do sneaky moves behind each other to appease to the managers.. And the managers really really are loving this freak show.. sick sick.. Divide and conquer. I think this new modernized corporate way of living in my country is mainly influenced by the American model.. While it can be good in certain aspects, I think it's affecting the employee stress levels very badly and nobody seems to question anything at work.. They think I am trying to make them perform 'worse' or something even though I try my best to help them in any work-related issue they might get stuck at.. Some just think I am just careless because I don't show off to my bosses.. The last thing I want to do is to speak to my passive aggressive manager, who is extremely authoritarian.. But oh well, I understand what you are saying, that's all :)

Makrosky

Oh I see. Thanks for sharing. I hate the fact that my teammates at work think too much about end of the year appraisal to the point where they get really emotional and jealous if someone got higher 'score' than them on a piece of paper. They even do sneaky moves behind each other to appease to the managers.. And the managers really really are loving this freak show.. sick sick.. Divide and conquer. I think this new modernized corporate way of living in my country is mainly influenced by the American model.. While it can be good in certain aspects, I think it's affecting the employee stress levels very badly and nobody seems to question anything at work.. They think I am trying to make them perform 'worse' or something even though I try my best to help them in any work-related issue they might get stuck at.. Some just think I am just careless because I don't show off to my bosses.. The last thing I want to do is to speak to my passive aggressive manager, who is extremely authoritarian.. But oh well, I understand what you are saying, that's all :)
The best thing would be wearing a t-shirt that says "I'm at the bottom of the scores". People would freak out.

Regina

Yep. That's the dynamic exactly. Why they drag it into our adult sandbox where we are suppose to be studying the Art of Peace means there is just about no one left that hasn't metamorphized into a smiling authoratarian locust.
I often where a T-shirt that says Unslaved

Last edited:

milk_lover

The best thing would be wearing a t-shirt that says "I'm at the bottom of the scores". People would freak out.
Yep. That's the dynamic exactly. Why they drag it into our adult sandbox where we are suppose to be studying the Art of Peace means there is just about no one left that hasn't metapmorphized into a smiling authoratarian locust.
I often where a T-shirt that says Unslaved
HAHA great idea!

fradon

Has this topic been covered? I spent some time today searching for solutions on lowering estrogen dominance.
I did find a Ray Peat article about progesterone cream. Great, but is there anything else?
Thanks
eating more zinc rich foods and less copper rich foods

more red meat less chocolate

but sugar and fructose appears to raise free Testosterone but too much raises fat and that increases estrogen...

VitoScaletta

Unfortunately yes. But as long as I use DHEA with it in 1 to 1 ratio or more toward DHEA, then pregnenolone is not a big issue, meaning I get its anti-stress properties without sacrificing the sex drive and muscle definition. My arm muscles deflate if I take preg or prog alone. I am guessing it's converting to too much progesterone and my body doesn't like too much progesterone. I think my body is hungry for androgens like DHEA and andro. Wish one day I try DHT and see how it affects me. Too much progesterone removes estrogen, which you need to have sex drive. I already take too many things to negate estrogen like aspirin, caffeine, B-vitamins, and glycine... If I take progesterone orally or topically anywhere away from the testicles and in small doses (1-3 mg), I have no issue with it as long as I take DHEA or andro that day.
Sorry for necroposting mate.
What would you say has helped you most in regards to Estrogen, and what course of action would you recommend to a young guy who had chronically elevated estrogen levels for a while leading to very estrogenic body fat disposition? I have an **** bigger then some women.

milk_lover

Sorry for necroposting mate.
What would you say has helped you most in regards to Estrogen, and what course of action would you recommend to a young guy who had chronically elevated estrogen levels for a while leading to very estrogenic body fat disposition? I have an **** bigger then some women.
I don't claim I defeated estrogen 100%. I still carry fat in my body which can increase estrogen. But what I found very helpful against estrogen is avoiding wheat, avoiding PUFA, taking B-vitamins especially niacinamide, taking vitamin D3 orally, and sometimes supplementing pregnenolone. Pregnenolone is especially useful during stressful periods. Try to drink some milk, but you don't need to drink too much. I drink my liquids all warm temperatures so I don't get serotonin in my stomach and I can digest it better. Think of the milk mammals and babies take from their mothers. It's warm in general as it comes from the body. I eat oatmeal cooked in butter every morning to increase carb in the morning (carbs fight cortisol) and also to get some fiber in my system. I eat white rice, minced meat and meat in general along with a coke or two. Every other day, I still drink Red Bull because it's so damn delicious and it has taurine. From time to time, I eat seafood. Very basic Peat ideas. The guy, May he Rest In Peace, is a genius. I wouldn't take aspirin unless I am forced to. I like the effect of niacinamide in stopping free fatty acids more than aspirin as I always have side effects from it. It takes time to lose all the estrogen symptoms. Patience and experimentation would pay off. So my advice to you is to keep trying trying until things start to make sense for your situation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals