Engineers : Help with Water Desalination

Mr Joe

I don't know where to put the thread so I'll go for the "Alternative world"/Society. I know it's a health forum, but as I noticed some nice engineers thoughts here maybe someone could help with alternative theories. I would like to find a way to take the water from the sea and use it to grow plants and drink it, and why not feed a full village with that. I would like to find a way to either make the water compatible with plants without the sodium preventing the plants from growing or use a technology to withdraw the salt from the water. Right now the most common tech known to do that is reverse osmosis, basically boilling the water, taking the water, and letting the salt, but it cost a lot of energy. If someone has a "raypeat" equivalent forum for alternative technologies I would be glad to check it. I heard a lot of rumors about Tesla managing to create some energy from the aether on the air but never found someone that has reproduced such things.

GTW

Evaporation/distillation by heat of the sun can be optimized in particular locations and situations.
There are valuable plants that thrive in saline environment called halotropes? Species called saltworts for instance.

OP
Mr Joe

Mr Joe

low tech desal thru evaporation. very slow though.
Indeed very slow.

Evaporation/distillation by heat of the sun can be optimized in particular locations and situations.
There are valuable plants that thrive in saline environment called halotropes? Species called saltworts for instance.
Interresting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals