Pristine Hydro Water Filter

itchaboyagain

Did you read my article or listen to my podcast?

how about all that plastic the water runs through in RO, including the membrane its self, not to mention the plastic lining in the holding tank. How about the materials, adhesives and other manufacturing impurities of the filters themselves? The purer the water the more it leeches out what it touches. Ever tasted store bought distilled water? it literally tastes like pure plastic. Both fluoride and chlorine are not completely removed by RO considering one can literally taste/ smell the chlorine in the final product, now your 5 stage may be different but thats not really pure RO anymore is it... its RO plus 4 other filtration methods. RO tests are done with brand new filters and the performance falls off immediately after use. Distillers dont fall off in performance unless never cleaned of scale with simple vinegar.

The little carbon filter isnt a big deal on distillers, its not even really needed as most of the VOCs escape from vents pre condensation and it never boils dry so the contaminants never go above boiling temp, which is in its self a purification method, in the distillation industry these are called the tops and bottoms. Their numerous test results are very impressive and provided on their website. The small carbon filter is small becuase most if not all of the VOCs are gone by the time it touches the carbon. When gasses are heated even if heavier than air will rise, simply because they are hot.

The distiller is completely stainless steel and made in the US, Ive had mine for a decade and many people have had them for 30+ years thats why they cost that much. Id like to remind you that the filter being promoted on this thread is $2,000...

Many of the people who debated with me over the years went to distillation, especially recently when companies werent able to source the filters needed for their RO systems because of supply chain issues. With a distiller if you have electricity , you have pure water. I even have fire powered distillers that work well. I used to drink and use RO from a store who kept up with the replacements religiously I felt like crap on it and got chlorine sensitivity symtpoms. I got my own RO system, 3 stage... same thing. After tasting distilled id never go back, its almost sweet tasting and very slippery like Fiji water but without silica. Distillation also reduces deuterium which ive never seen another filtration system do.
I wrote a guide on my site on water, filtration, etc. I’ve come to exact same conclusions, DW is far superior and consistent.

Curious about your deuterium depletion claim, do have any links to that? I’ll have to look into it.

InChristAlone

Did you read my article or listen to my podcast?

how about all that plastic the water runs through in RO, including the membrane its self, not to mention the plastic lining in the holding tank. How about the materials, adhesives and other manufacturing impurities of the filters themselves? The purer the water the more it leeches out what it touches. Ever tasted store bought distilled water? it literally tastes like pure plastic. Both fluoride and chlorine are not completely removed by RO considering one can literally taste/ smell the chlorine in the final product, now your 5 stage may be different but thats not really pure RO anymore is it... its RO plus 4 other filtration methods. RO tests are done with brand new filters and the performance falls off immediately after use. Distillers dont fall off in performance unless never cleaned of scale with simple vinegar.

The little carbon filter isnt a big deal on distillers, its not even really needed as most of the VOCs escape from vents pre condensation and it never boils dry so the contaminants never go above boiling temp, which is in its self a purification method, in the distillation industry these are called the tops and bottoms. Their numerous test results are very impressive and provided on their website. The small carbon filter is small becuase most if not all of the VOCs are gone by the time it touches the carbon. When gasses are heated even if heavier than air will rise, simply because they are hot.

The distiller is completely stainless steel and made in the US, Ive had mine for a decade and many people have had them for 30+ years thats why they cost that much. Id like to remind you that the filter being promoted on this thread is $2,000...

Many of the people who debated with me over the years went to distillation, especially recently when companies werent able to source the filters needed for their RO systems because of supply chain issues. With a distiller if you have electricity , you have pure water. I even have fire powered distillers that work well. I used to drink and use RO from a store who kept up with the replacements religiously I felt like crap on it and got chlorine sensitivity symtpoms. I got my own RO system, 3 stage... same thing. After tasting distilled id never go back, its almost sweet tasting and very slippery like Fiji water but without silica. Distillation also reduces deuterium which ive never seen another filtration system do.
Right away the RO system I have tasted good, not like plastic, we let the tank run through only once. I thought the tank bladder is a food safe rubber material? But back a few yrs ago I also had pretty much the same set up for about 4 yrs. It always tasted great. But I have tasted other people's RO systems and felt like they might need to replace some stuff in it. I have never tasted chlorine in my RO systems. But I use the best carbon you can get. I'd still need to see the test results that the chlorine is gone from the distillation. I considered buying one a couple yrs ago and changed my mind because of the electricity. We did get a generator recently so I'd feel more comfortable now, but I'm still not completely sold.

But anyway, I completely agree that the cost of this pristine hydro is astronomical and how are they even getting the magnesium in the water?

Luann

I also distill. it provides a little bit of autonomy in the current day. back when COVID first entered the news, some stores had shortages of RO water and I could see that happening again.

Ben.

I didnt want to make a new topic, has anyone made experience with pure effect filters? it claims to be better than reverse osmosis or gravity filters (ofcourse it does ...)
Planning to buy a filter in the future.

What do you think @RealNeat ?

I hope this brand hasn't been covered before here somewhere. Haven't found it tho on a quick search on this forum, just one member in 2016 recommending it (or i am just bad at searching).

RealNeat

I didnt want to make a new topic, has anyone made experience with pure effect filters? it claims to be better than reverse osmosis or gravity filters (ofcourse it does ...)
Planning to buy a filter in the future.

What do you think @RealNeat ?

I hope this brand hasn't been covered before here somewhere. Haven't found it tho on a quick search on this forum, just one member in 2016 recommending it (or i am just bad at searching).
It's just like RO. Read my article above to understand why I'm not a fan of RO (though it's still much better than tap). Until something better comes Ive recommended distilling with Pure Water Distillers for friends and family for years. I think low heat distillation is the future for better contamination control. I've also been intending to study and experiment with John Ellis machines.

Here is my interview with Pure and Secure, I've used them for over 7 years, all the "fancy" minerals and "structure" that can be added to it can be done for pennies on the dollar and doesn't justify a steep price hike like PristineHypebro loves to brag about.

Dr. Peat and I talk about distilled water on this podcast:

Ben.

It's just like RO. Read my article above to understand why I'm not a fan of RO (though it's still much better than tap). Until something better comes Ive recommended distilling with Pure Water Distillers for friends and family for years. I think low heat distillation is the future for better contamination control. I've also been intending to study and experiment with John Ellis machines.

Here is my interview with Pure and Secure, I've used them for over 7 years, all the "fancy" minerals and "structure" that can be added to it can be done for pennies on the dollar and doesn't justify a steep price hike like PristineHypebro loves to brag about.

Dr. Peat and I talk about distilled water on this podcast:

Thank you!

K

Kayaker

The only distiller on My Pure Water that doesn't have a warning to not keep it under the sink is SteamPure Countertop. Others have this:

DO NOT run the water distiller in a small enclosed space, like a cupboard or under the sink.

Does that mean it's safe to use like that? I have a hole in my kitchen sink for connecting to a water filter below it.

RealNeat

The only distiller on My Pure Water that doesn't have a warning to not keep it under the sink is SteamPure Countertop. Others have this:

Does that mean it's safe to use like that? I have a hole in my kitchen sink for connecting to a water filter below it.
No I wouldn't keep it under the sink, it'll get too hot and steamy. They are meant to gas out, that's how it eliminates VOCs. You could distill in the counter top version and have it flow into a tank (under sink) that's either pressurized or with a pump (to dispense above counter). They sell larger units that do that for you.

aniciete

I'm not sure if carbon does, I was more so thinking of UV post purifier. Good distillers like AquaNui remove the VOCs via pre condensation vents and post filters. I have a podcast on it on Primitive Initiative Podcasts. Distillers are more effective in every sense of the word for today's contaminants and the prevention of water/ material waste.
I purchased the AquaNui countertop distiller after seeing your recommendation and I’m very happy with the quality. Thank you!

Markr2d2

Cool good to hear!
What about the claims the drinking DW strips minerals from the body? Does adding a little mag/sodium/chloride resolve that or is that bogus info to begin with?

This whole thread makes me not want to drink water at all. ?

RealNeat

What about the claims the drinking DW strips minerals from the body? Does adding a little mag/sodium/chloride resolve that or is that bogus info to begin with?

This whole thread makes me not want to drink water at all. ?
I barely drink straight water. I mainly use it to cook. No, distilled water doesn't strip minerals from the body, the moment it hits your lips it becomes saturated with saliva, we get a majority of our minerals from food. Mineral leaching is a geological term, our cells and the way in which they balance minerals are much more complex than a rock. I've read the WHO paper claiming that water devoid of minerals correlates to different diseases, I encourage anyone to read it with a critical eye, it's just a bunch of nonsense with zero attention to context.

But honestly the mineral leaching argument is myopic, the message I'm trying to send is "purify water efficiently, cheaply and dependably" distilling does that. What people choose to do after distilling is their own choice, I don't think adding minerals is a bad thing, but I also don't think it's necessary. Ray agrees as I've quoted. Read the article I wrote linked in this thread to understand deeper.

RealNeat

@RealNeat can i find part 2 of this anywhere?
No it has not been written, as I never got around to writing it because I didn't find it logical. Why? Because I barely drink any plain water (rather I use it in cooking and other applications where it is saturated, like juice, tea coffee etc), and the focus of the article was going to be on why distilled water DOES NOT rob the body of minerals.

But I will answer any question you may have about it, most people still believe that distilled water will rob you of minerals as if you were a rock with a river flowing over you. So if there are more detailed questions you can think of I'll oblige to the best of my abilities.

Suffice it to say, distilled water is perfectly safe and much better than any other filtration method for your average person.

Is it appropriate for what's going on in Ohio right now? Maybe not. Reason? Some pollutants will evaporate into the air, there is a risk that you may inhale it, though not much as 1. Their air is already severely polluted (unfortunately) and 2. Anything that may be heavier than ambient air will likely still rise with the heat of the steam and escape from any cracks in the house, windows etc.

I've thought about a system that throws the steam byproduct out a window directly. But in normal situations it's not really a worry.

Last edited:

VitoScaletta

would water distillation remove plasticizers/phthalates? All of my water comes in-contact with flexible piping with plasticised PVC lining.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Not convinced! I got my RO system from my Dad for Christmas. It has 5 stages. The RO membrane needs to be replaced every 2 yrs which is roughly 50 dollars. The pre filters every 6 months which isn't a big deal for me, the post filter less often because it sees very clean water, but I'd probably do once a year. And the cost to produce the water costs pennies. That distiller you are promoting is over 500 dollars plus the cost to run it. Thats a big deal. I'd need to see testing of the finished product to know if that tiny little filter is capturing all the VOC's which like I said is my main concern. Colon cancer is associated with chlorine. The main reason I filter my water is because of fluoride and chlorine, not bacteria.
In Christ Alone,
What RO system do you have?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals