Energetics of Food

freyasam

In Traditional / ancient healing systems, the energetics of food is important. Hot, cold, damp, dry. This is used to address elemental imbalances of the body, like fire, water, air etc.

It's not just Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine. The West had its own systems of energetics that have been largely forgotten.

Maybe this explains why some people do better on a diet that harms someone else. It's a different way of looking at food and the body that modern Westerners have mostly forgotten.

Maybe people who thrive on milk have excess heat and dryness. I took a TCM quiz and I'm apparently a "Spleen" type which means cold damp food like milk is not supposed to be good for me. Lots of raw fruit and dairy would suit someone with excess heat.

Anyone else considered this approach?

All I know is that I've spent decades following specific diets and protocols based on a modern "scientific" understanding of the body, and in that time I've gotten sicker and sicker.

Last edited:

hierundjetzt

In Traditional / ancient healing systems, the energetics of food is important. Hot, cold, damp, dry. This is used to address elemental imbalances of the body, like fire, water, air etc.

It's not just Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine. The West had its own systems of energetics that have been largely forgotten.

Maybe this explains why some people do better on a diet that harms someone else. It's a different way of looking at food and the body that modern Westerners have mostly forgotten.

Maybe people who thrive on milk have excess heat and dryness. I took a TCM quiz and I'm apparently a "Spleen" type which means cold damp food like milk is not supposed to be good for me. Lots of raw fruit and dairy would suit someone with excess heat.

All I know is that I've spent decades following specific diets and protocols based on a modern "scientific" understanding of the body, and in that time I've gotten sicker and sicker.
interesting...do you have any references/books dealing with theenergetics take on foods from the West?

I think notice how different foods are more beneficial to me according to the seasons too. Ray Peat had mentioned this as well. I think eating foods according to their seasons is appropriate, like juicy hydrating fruits in the summer and cooked starchy fruits in the winter.

OP
F

freyasam

interesting...do you have any references/books dealing with theenergetics take on foods from the West?
I vaguely remember the Greek "four humors."

Lately I've learned that early Western physicians had to be astrologers, too. So a lot of the Western traditional energetic system of healing revolves around astrology (ie, the cosmic influence at one's birth that will affect that person's body and personality). Judith Hill and Kira Sutherland are two medical astrologers who are bringing this system back.

OP
F

freyasam

Also I vaguely remember when I was studying herbalism about plants' energetic components. Not sure who to direct you to read about that, maybe energetic herbalism. This tradition would've come from women healers in europe. A lot of knowledge was lost during the middle ages when women healers were murdered en masse in Europe.

The Native Americans also assigned these properties to plants and foods.

Last edited:

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
I was thinking about this yesterday!

OP
F

freyasam

I was thinking about this yesterday!

Yes, and I disagree with several points you made. For example, if you're going to classify everything "masculine" as good, well, good luck continuing life with only males. Also, corn is made into seed oils. I don't think you can demonize plants according to what humans do to them.

Cabbage is a traditionally an essential plant for women after childbirth, so its value to continuing the human species is great.

Last edited:

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Yes, and I think your premise was off in several points. For example, if you're going to classify everything "masculine" as good, well, good luck continuing life with only males. Also, corn is made into seed oils. I don't think you can demonize plants according to what humans do to them.
Well I'm not saying that only masculine things are good but sometimes you need one of more type of food to balance you out. Have you ever tried to grow cabbages or kale? It gets eaten by all sorts of animals and insects. Not very resistant. Wonder if that happens spiritually when you eat a certain plant. Or animal.

OP
F

freyasam

Well I'm not saying that only masculine things are good but sometimes you need one of more type of food to balance you out. Have you ever tried to grow cabbages or kale? It gets eaten by all sorts of animals and insects. Not very resistant. Wonder if that happens spiritually when you eat a certain plant. Or animal.
Yeah, it's interesting to think about. I edited my above comment bc I actually don't disagree w/ your premise, only some points you made.

Fruit gets eaten by all kinds of animals. Maybe what's good is eaten first. Critters also eat organic crops more than pesticide-sprayed crops.

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Yeah, it's interesting to think about. I edited my above comment bc I actually don't disagree w/ your premise, only some points you made.

Fruit gets eaten by all kinds of animals. Maybe what's good is eaten first. Critters also eat organic crops more than pesticide-sprayed crops.
I've only seen a few aphids on my corn ever. Cabbage gets demolished from root to leaf by all sorts of unimaginable horrors.

I think the soil is the most important part of all this. Without the soil being good we have absolutely nothing. We need the micronutrients in the soil which are released from the rock particles by all sorts of microorganisms and weird creatures to release the nutrition for the plants to make vitamins etc...

I'm not sure about organic being best either I've had the best ever tasting potatoes by taking a watering can and adding Epsom salts and synthetic micronutrients to them. I think the soil organisms and plants know how to incorporate even synthetic nutrients into the 'life matrix' which means we can have good food even with using synthetic fertiliser as long as its not contaminated with heavy metals.

Pesticides etc seem inherently anti life though.

OP
F

freyasam

I think the soil is the most important part of all this. Without the soil being good we have absolutely nothing. We need the micronutrients in the soil which are released from the rock particles by all sorts of microorganisms and weird creatures to release the nutrition for the plants to make vitamins etc...
I agree. It's probably a large part of why so many people are ill now -- the soil has been degraded everywhere.
I'm not sure about organic being best either I've had the best ever tasting potatoes by taking a watering can and adding Epsom salts and synthetic micronutrients to them. I think the soil organisms and plants know how to incorporate even synthetic nutrients into the 'life matrix' which means we can have good food even with using synthetic fertiliser as long as its not contaminated with heavy metals.

Pesticides etc seem inherently anti life though.
Yeah, that makes sense. Our own bodies know how to incorporate synthetic nutrients from supplements (usually).

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
I agree. It's probably a large part of why so many people are ill now -- the soil has been degraded everywhere.

Yeah, that makes sense. Our own bodies know how to incorporate synthetic nutrients from supplements (usually).
I don't know about that I've been eating supplements like a madman and the only thing that saved me last night was this magical organic corn cereal.

I know for a fact there is a biological hierarchy of organisms in a sense which makes it harder for organisms higher up on the hierarchy to incorporate basic building blocks of life as in basic vitamin molecules etc... Obviously we can't thrive on sunlight and air and basic nutrients but plants can. Simpler organisms require biochemically simple fuel. Complex organisms require biochemically complex fuel. I don't think supplements make sense because it lacks the other cofactors etc for the supplement to work unless you eat lots of food with it but then why not just eat food?

If I pour magnesium on the plant I'm eating and the soil it's growing in the 'life matrix' combines it and incorporates it in a way that makes more sense to the human body.

Plants and the soil are biological funnels. Funnelling energy from the earth to the animals. At the same time its a receiver for the suns energy too?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals