Is My Metabolism Fragile/unstable Or Is My Temps An Indicator Of Something Else?

Linbaba

Hi,
I have been having this problem for a while now. I had been feeling good with OK appetite, warm hands/feet for 2-3 days now. During some of this time I had been eating very calorie-dense food (Butter chicken with rice and nan) from a restaurant nearby, and after eating this I noticed a sense of well-being, comfortably warm hands and feet, and actually appetite for something sweet (to which I responded). My nose was also slightly congested after these large meals. This, as opposed to how I feel most days: a slight constant sense of nausea (situated around the stomach), cold hands and feet, and absolutely no appetite. I assumed this sense of well-being and warmth was a sign of a good metabolism.

Then the problem comes: I get very easily knocked out of this state by minor stress or inconveniences. This time I got to bed an hour later than usual and woke up 1-2 hours earlier than usual (wanting to adjust my daily rhythm). And then it was back. Cold hands and feet, a slight nausea, and no appetite again. Other times I had been knocked out it would be after a busy day of work or something like that.

And when I am knocked out of these "good moments", my digestion also becomes sluggish. Calorie-dense or high-sugar foods doesn't help when I am already "knocked out", so the only thing that works for me is to relax for 1-3 days (meaning no work, sleeping in, taking some walks, etc) while building up my appetite, before I can get into the sense of well-being or high metabolism again after some good meals.

Obviously the problem is that I don't have 1-3 days to relax every time I have to wake up an hour early or have a busy day at work or school. So I am suspecting there is something else at play here, hoping someone have some ideas?

Some background info:
Male, 23 - student with part-time job. Started out with paleo 4-5 years ago, felt a lot better, moved on to keto for a short while. Had my feel-good-from-stress-hormones-honeymoon with keto as well, but moved back and forth with different low-carb diets for a while. This followed by a low-sugar "candida diet". Was lucky to find Matt Stone in April this year and immediately applied his concepts from "Eat for Heat", which would later lead me to Peat.

Now my staples are skim milk, OJ, blueberries with sugar, eggs, the daily carrot, collagen and fruit. Apart from this I eat mostly what is available around me but I try to avoid PUFA as much as I can, although I do some cheat meals every once in a while when my appetite is at its worst.
The symptoms that bother me the most is the constant nausea, no/very little appetite, cold hands and feet, and sometimes slow bowel transit time (and they all usually go hand-in-hand). Also been bothered with a very dry nose (where I find remains of blood, but never have actual nosebleeds).

Hoping someone has some ideas or tips for me. Thanks

Lecarpetron

I think many of us who have come from restrictive eating backgrounds have experienced this. Something will trigger feeling warm and great, but it's ephemeral and hard to conjure up at will. What helps me when I have little appetite is to go the Matt Stone route and eat the most calorie dense food I can stomach - cheeseburgers, pizza, milkshakes, chocolate croissants etc. I don't eat these often anymore but they served me well in the midst of escaping the low metabolism/low appetite/low digestive speed spiral, along with hot baths and sunbathing in summer. Just get them from the best sources you can or make them yourself. Slowly (years, not months or weeks...at least for me at age 30), feeling warm with normal digestion will become more frequent.

OP
Linbaba

Linbaba

Appreciate the input. Pizza, burgers, etc was my go-to for a while, but now the morning/afternoon nausea and lack of appetite is so severe that I can't even stomach that. If I try to eat while having the nausea (which I have almost every morning), the nausea strengthens and appetite falls back even more. And then it goes back to normal at nighttime. It's like my body forces me to intermittently fast. Very confusing o_O I should probably start collecting some data (temps+chronometer)... :pompous:

Slowly (years, not months or weeks...at least for me at age 30), feeling warm with normal digestion will become more frequent.
Was hoping it wouldn't take as many years as I spent ruining my body to fix it :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals