Objective Dietary & Lifestyle Choices

Sativa

I have been reading the forum a lot in the past few months, Ray's perspective (as well as that of the members on this forum) has been very insightful, and I have made practical changes to my choices as my biological understanding increased.

I wanted to bring together approaches and mentalities I have accumulated from having objectively explored & researched different perspectives on this area, and share them with everyone!

I wanted to cover the main aspects of minimising exposure, as well as maximising vitality.

In traditional Chinese medicine, the mentality is to both take preventative measures well as minimise undesirables.
(I am not making direct dietary advice. My intention is enriching insight)

Minimise exposure to pro-esotrgenic substances
  • Plastic (BPA, phtalates, plastic food wrap, plastic shower curtains, etc)
  • Teflon (non-stick made from PTFE - Poly-tetra-fluoro-ethylene - LONG biological-half life)
  • Soy, flax etc (phyto-estrogens)
  • BPA (Ink on recipt paper and inner-lining on of canned goods)
  • Beer (hops)
Minimise exposure to immune system dysregulating substances
  • Lectins ('Lectin lock' exists, which can neautralise lectins - contains N-Acetyl Glucosamine (NAG), D-Mannose, Bladderwrack, Sodium Alginate)
  • Vaccines (questionable implementation eg adjuvants perfect autoiummune storm...)
Minimise exposure to other undesirable [chemicals etc] such as
  • Heavy metals
  • Flouride (flouridated salt)
  • Iodine (iodised salt)
  • Pesticides (eg Glyphosate, Tobacco...find additive free!)
  • GMO
  • Water filtering solution (tap water can contain small amounts of hormones/drugs etc)
  • Aluminium (eg cookware)
  • Kitchen foil
  • Conventional products eg shampoo, conditioner, body creams, mouth wash's etc
  • Vitamin D2 (inferior according to Ray)
  • Paracetamol
Factoring in psychoactive effects of foods
  • 2 notable factors: gluten and casein - broken down into gluteomorphin and casomorphin peptides (short chains of proteins) if they escape through the gut and make their way to the brain, they stimulate the Opioid system - something worth taking into consideration due to the intrinsically interconnected nature of the biological organism

To maximising vitality, as per Ray Peat's perspective, a high-functioning metabolism is key.
I would place emphasis on supporting the bodies detoxification organs and pathways, such as the liver's phase 1 & phase 2 detox pathways. I'm sure the P450 cytochrome enzyme system plays ket roles too!

Personally, I have been employing adaptogenic herbs, notably Gynostemma pentaphyllum - also called jiaogulan - intermittently, as a tool to bring balance to my organism. I am a keen bio-hacker, other tools include Mg, K2, Vit E/C, Coffee etc.

I am indeed aware of the countless asian herbs that exist, and the confusion that can be associated with them. Like I said, I am taking a methodical, perfectionist, holistic & empowered approach to learning, whether its my underlying biology or the therapeutic / energetic effects of a plant. (This allows me to contextualise new information/concepts quite effectively) My standards are often set quite high!

More about my background & approach:

Once I became aware of the underlying biology behind the metabolic poisoning effect of PUFA's, my integrity & self-discipline made it easy for me drop the PUFA habit.

My intention is for objective insight, I happily en-train other perspectives, minimising dogma, and importantly, recognising its presence and influence on scientific thought and direction of research. I still remember initially familiarising myself with Ray's perspective, and despite his words directly contrasting what I though I knew, I could intuitively tell there was definitely 'something there'.
I am quite methodical and perfectionist, and also passionate, solution-orientated, unconventional & innovative.
I am passionate about nutrition, neuro-pharmacology, biochemistry, herbalism, traditional medicinal systems and perspectives such as TCM etc.
Also shamanism, tai chi and other metaphysical areas - my underlying goal is to explore the nature of reality (which seems to have become an exploration of self!) This perspective has given me insight into the underlying 'energetic blueprint' that seems to form the basis for the physical matter that forms the body. This could be descrived as an energetic vital life force, that animates matter. I consider this another factor worth taking into account when contextualising ourselves.

There are indeed technologies(and architectural aspects) that can have undesirable effects on this energetic blueprint, which naturally implies an associated undesirable effect on the physical matter on which it is based eg:

• Wifi
  • 3G/4G/5G (high frequency waves)
  • Microwaves

As an aside:
The geometric architecture of a building/room also seems to have a very real influence on the organism.
An architecture that follows natural geometric (phi / golden ratio based) design is extremely life promoting, and thus more desirable for birth and death.
The opposite is true for a square aluminium hospital room.

I also am interested in the psychoactive effects/nature of food.

I have been exploring pharmacology in the context of resetting accumulated drug tolerances, as well as a general exploration into the underlying dynamics of brain receptor systems. I am well versed with biological lingo etc. I am fully self taught by the way. I did computer programming as a passion then at university, which requires one take objective approaches to solutions. I also taught myself how to learn, and had a phase of using cognition enhancing substances (including piracetam and others) - which resulted in short and long term upgrading of my visual acuity, cognition and verbal fluency, as well as the ability to visualise and relate highly abstract non-linear concepts and be able to translate this to a linear context. Anyway...

My approach is very much holistic-orientated!

Last edited:
OP
Sativa

Sativa

Egg white is a lectin source too. I do eat the egg yolks for sure! I feel that eating ~4-6 egg whites/day is not a wise nor sustainable thing for digestive integrity!

Blue & Red light wavelengths are another aspect to factor in - blue wavelengths received via the eyes apparently reduce accumulated melatonin levels, which can delay sleep etc.
I minimise blue wavelengths from my laptop and phone screen using software/apps (f.lux and twilight respectively). I also find it more pleasant and sustainable to stare at a warmer 2300K candle/incandescent screen verses a predominantly blue 5500K+ daylight screen.

Last edited: