Eating Lemon+sensitive teeth

Dutchie

The past week I felt an incredible craving to eat a lemon. (not just sip the juice like I normally do).
So 3 days ago I did eat one, sprinkled with some salt.
It was very good, however ever since, I noticed some spots on certain teeth now feel sensitive when you brush against/rub it.

I would like to eat some more lemon, but I'm kinda afraid it'll damage my teeth.
Is there a way to protect them? (I know not to brush them for at least an hour after).
Could it be that some tartar/plaque has disappeared, which leave the nerves open and unprotected to touch?

Btw, I don't have any bleeding or sensitive gums.

Sascha6990

The lemon is very acidic, I think ph like 3 and it dissolves the enamel. The simplest solution is limiting the time your mouth spends being very acidic by thoroughly rinsing with a mouthwash made of a cup of water and a teaspoon of baking soda. This will quickly alkalize the mouth.

OP
D

Dutchie

The lemon is very acidic, I think ph like 3 and it dissolves the enamel. The simplest solution is limiting the time your mouth spends being very acidic by thoroughly rinsing with a mouthwash made of a cup of water and a teaspoon of baking soda. This will quickly alkalize the mouth.
Thanks....I'll try a mouth rinse with baking soda immediately after eating :)

GreekGod

Can try monosodium phosphate, about 1 gram 3 x week to restrengthen your teeth enamel. I ve been doing that from time to time for a few years. It reduces sensitivity within a few days.

OP
D

Dutchie

Can try monosodium phosphate, about 1 gram 3 x week to restrengthen your teeth enamel. I ve been doing that from time to time for a few years. It reduces sensitivity within a few days.
Thanks.
It only happened after eating the lemon, I didn't feel any sensitivity prior.
However, I do have some plaque/tartar built up, which can cover the nerves so that's why I've questioned if the lemon actually made the plaque disappear leaving the nerves/dentin bare.

Years ago,when eating potatos/starch, (likely from dysbiosis) my teeth started eroding very fast despite using any acid foods like lemon or vinegar.

Sascha6990

Thanks.
It only happened after eating the lemon, I didn't feel any sensitivity prior.
However, I do have some plaque/tartar built up, which can cover the nerves so that's why I've questioned if the lemon actually made the plaque disappear leaving the nerves/dentin bare.

Years ago,when eating potatos/starch, (likely from dysbiosis) my teeth started eroding very fast despite using any acid foods like lemon or vinegar
You should get some ph testing strips. If you're constantly getting tartar, your saliva may be too alkaline. I have the opposite problem, my saliva is too acidic 🥲

OP
D

Dutchie

You should get some ph testing strips. If you're constantly getting tartar, your saliva may be too alkaline. I have the opposite problem, my saliva is too acidic 🥲

My tartar problems likely are from oxalates and its mineral disruption. The built up has severely decreased since lowering them/cutting them out.
I've also often read that certain parasites/bacteria/funghi can make the body (parts of it) too alkaline, so that might've been/be a factor as well.

A-Tim

If you squeeze the lemon into some water and have it as a drink - then you can reduce the acidic effect by drinking with a straw. If the lemon juice doesn't touch your teeth it probably won't have the same effect.

When I have acidic drinks at home, I'll whip out a glass straw that was a few bucks off amazon. I don't like plastic straws in general, especially if the drink is acidic.

OP
D

Dutchie

If you squeeze the lemon into some water and have it as a drink - then you can reduce the acidic effect by drinking with a straw. If the lemon juice doesn't touch your teeth it probably won't have the same effect.

When I have acidic drinks at home, I'll whip out a glass straw that was a few bucks off amazon. I don't like plastic straws in general, especially if the drink is acidic.

Thanks, but that actually wasn't what I wanted. :)
I have lemonjuice which I drink daily with a straw. I felt a craving for eating its pulp, I think it's the pectin I want.

OP
D

Dutchie

Gotcha. Maybe give marmalade a go then if it's the pectin you think you're craving.

Thanks, but I don't do well with fructose/sugar....any plant atm. Lemon is a rare one which doesn't cause problems.
I think I'll give some pectin powder a shot, it's not that expensive anyway.

ddjd

I use a dropper and make around 30 X 00 size gelatin capsules with the lemon juice. No contact with the enamel👍

OP
D

Dutchie

I use a dropper and make around 30 X 00 size gelatin capsules with the lemon juice. No contact with the enamel👍

Thanks, but that's not what I'm after. :)
Drinking the juice with a straw works just fine for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals