Does Magnesium Interact With Vitamin A? (positively Interact)

Bub

New question about A and interaction with some other supplements...

In April, I was taking about 8,500 IU of Vitamin A, 3,500 IU of D3, and ionic magnesium (approx 600 mg I believe), and K2 MK7 (rda dosage), and it worked great for my skin, oiliness went away, dry skin disappeared, and hair shedding stopped almost completely. It was really fantastic for about 3 weeks straight. BUT - I started getting an itchy spot on my neck AND started getting headaches/nausea. I realized it was probably the Vitamin A, so I dropped the amount to about 4,000-5,000 IU of Vitamin A.

I felt better (no headaches/itchiness) BUT... The positive side effects totally disappeared :-( :-( :-( :-(

I also was experiencing some slightly upset stomach from Magnesium at the time, so I lowered it to about 300mg per day. I was only taking magnesium because it made my D3 side effects go away, and 300 mg worked sufficiently well for that and eased up on my stomach sensitivity.

So anyway, I wanted to see if I could take higher amounts of Vitamin A again to see if the positive results returned. I tried 8,500 IU for a week... I could tolerate it, and it didn't give me headaches. But my skin was still oily and dry patches and hair still shedding excessively. It didn't have the same effect as 8,500 did before. So I upped it to 10,000 IU for a week. Still nothing. So yesterday, I upped it to 15,000 IU. Headache/nausea occurred. No benefit, still oily skin. Didn't feel good in my body.

So today, I sat here thinking, "Why did it give me positive effects the first time I used 8,500 IU of Vitamin A alongside those other things?" I realized the only thing different is that at the time, I was taking about double the amount of magnesium. So can anyone here tell me - Do Vitamin A and Magnesium interact with each other? Is it possible the Magnesium was helping the Vitamin A work? I couldn't find any info online that said that, but it's literally the only thing I was doing differently as far as I can tell! Any input is greatly appreciated. I'm feeling really deflated/bummed out at the moment since the positive side effects aren't coming back.

Last edited:

liverock

Increasing Vitamin A will interact with vitamin D and could cause increased sebum by lowering levels of vitamin D. Google "vitamin d deficiency and sebum". Have you had a Vitamin D test recently ? You may need to get your level up before taking more Vitamin A, especially if the vit d is being lowered by a GI problem as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals