Does Vitamin A Interact With Magnesium?

Bub

New question about A and interaction with some other supplements...

In April, I was taking about 8,500 IU of Vitamin A, 3,500 IU of D3, and ionic magnesium (approx 600 mg I believe), and K2 MK7 (rda dosage), and it worked great for my skin, oiliness went away, dry skin disappeared, and hair shedding stopped almost completely. It was really fantastic for about 3 weeks straight. BUT - I started getting an itchy spot on my neck AND started getting headaches/nausea. I realized it was probably the Vitamin A, so I dropped the amount to about 4,000-5,000 IU of Vitamin A.

I felt better (no headaches/itchiness) BUT... The positive side effects totally disappeared :-( :-( :-( :-(

I also was experiencing some slightly upset stomach from Magnesium at the time, so I lowered it to about 300mg per day. I was only taking magnesium because it made my D3 side effects go away, and the 300 mg seemed sufficient for that.

So anyway, I wanted to see if I could take higher amounts of Vit A again to see if the positive results returned. I tried 8,500 IU for a week... I could tolerate it, and it didn't give me headaches. But my skin was still oily and dry patches and hair still shedding excessively. It didn't have the same effect as 8,500 did before. So I upped it to 10,000 IU for a week. Still nothing. So yesterday, I upped it to 15,000 IU. Headache/nausea occurred. No benefit, still oily skin. Didn't feel good in my body.

So today, I sat here thinking, "Why did it give me positive effects the first time I used 8,500 IU of Vitamin A alongside those other things?" I realized the only thing different is that at the time, I was taking about double the amount of magnesium as I am now (600 mg then versus about 300 mg now). So can anyone here tell me - Do Vitamin A and Magnesium interact with each other? Is it possible the Magnesium was helping the Vitamin A work? I couldn't find any info online that said that, but it's literally the only thing I was doing differently as far as I can tell! I'm very puzzled and feeling defeated/bummed out about this.

Last edited:

dannibo

I always believed that life and well being came in cycles and after reading Dr. William Frederick Koch it was the first time my own intuition was fortified. I was taking MSM (sulphur) every day . For three weeks everything was great then it seemed the effects were less. I abstained for a few days then started less every other day and the improvements on my skin were great. I have very bad skin unfortunately .. Large pores. All I can suggest is take less of all you take and take it cyclically. What's it's worth you might find your body doesn't have to work so hard to metabolise these vitamins.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals