Digestion Problems, Food Choices

biggirlkisss

so everything keeps improving for me excluding digestion sometimes im so comfortable its hard to cope. I have removed milk from my diet. Eatting mostly potatoes coke, liver, fruits , carrots. I'm thinking of trying fructose powder and pork in my diet instead of potatoes. Any ideas would be great. im trying minocyline. wondering if activated charcoal could help.

just what i noticed, but coke didnt really do good for me when i am working on my digestion too, real sugar in general seemed to kind of hurt me, i dont know why though, milk was an issue for me too, i do it in smaller amounts now to build a tolerance to it, fructose powder might not be good, it looks like the one i had was made of corn so i ditched it, low fat fish, oysters, gelatin are good protein too, calcium powder would be good to make sure you are getting enough of it, magnesium needs to be there too you know, i dk it's really person specific, maybe blood work or something else to know if its really a problem or not

tyler

What are your digestive woes specifically? If it's constipation, I would recommend adding more fat into your diet. It seems you're running low-fat at the moment. The added fat will stimulate bile production and it will quicken digestion.
I dealt with constipation and bloating while doing low-fat, and had to take cascara everyday to get a daily BM. The problem dissipated within a week of upping fat and protein intake, and lowering the amount of high-fiber food i was eating (fruits and veggies). I'm now regular with 1-3 BMs daily and no longer need any cascara or digestive aids.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

@tyler im just very uncomfortable like something siting in my stomach when i put pressure from lights i feel more comfortable.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

i was told that coke is acidic and when you have it with eat you help with digestion. my question is why acidic foods help with digestion.

coke has a lot of sugar that slows down gastric emptying and gives more time to proteins to be a bit more broken down in the stomach I suppose.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

What Causes IBS Digestion Issues?

is it from not enough stomach acid from low thyroid endotoxin causes bowel inflammation?

Last edited by a moderator:

achar45

It's caused by many things and there are different types (diarrhea/constipation), they are related to bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine...a lack of digestion in the upper GI (stomach acid+bile flow/enzymes) can cause undigested food to go down into the intestines causing overgrowth because bacteria has more food...bile also has anti-septic anti-biotic properties and estrogen can block it's flow.

I just went to a conference on IBS and learned that it's more prevalent in women (between 3:1 to 4:1) and all the clinicians were saying that it always got worse before menstruation, exactly when an estrogen excess/progesterone deficiency would manifest most strongly (think PMS)...they didn't even consider estrogen to be the problem (obviously).

Excess estrogen is also dumped out via the bile and excess estrogen blocks bile flow so that creates a vicious cycle where the estrogen can't be flushed out and gets recirculated.

You have to take care of the bacterial overgrowth, help bile flow, decrease estrogen and perhaps raise progesterone.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

so i have a lot of indiguestion that makes me uncomfortable im taking b3 and pepto bismol but it not really helping much. im following ray peat diet to the tie. Does anyone have any other suggestions of drugs i can take to help? coffee helps

Last edited:

DaveFoster

That spelling. Cascara sagrada, activated charcoal, cyproheptadine, carrot salad, boiled mushrooms, the teracycline drugs, erythromycin derivatives can help digestion. Digestive enzymes can help.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

I go from indiguestion to painful bowel spasms that last for a hour or two they can be very painful i never had this before i removed eggs as i had a allergy before. any help would be apperiated. i remove the skin from the potato. was going to trying Cascara Sagrada

HLP

I also experienced a very painful bowel spasm this week. It's like a "charlie horse" that usually subsides in about 5 minutes. I'm looking for answers as to why this is happening as well. It's better if I'm at home when it happens because I can jump in a hot bathtub to relieve the pain. Not the case this week....ouch! Bowel spasm pain is on par with childbirth contractions. Please help.

Vegetables are thr super heroes

I used to have hemmhoroids first peating

I lowered milk and oj

And im eating bread and broccoly

Some milk some yogurt
Pound of meat

No hemmhoroid no ulcers no bowel itritation anymore

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals