Did Gbolduev Have Any Evidence To Back Up His Claims About PH?

alywest

But you could say the same thing for other things like "someone is going to end up seriously hurting themselves with one of these.." fill in the blank: exogenous hormone supplement, exogenous unregulated/street hormone supplement, other supplements like mega doing fat-solubles, diet, medication/non-supplement drug use, things like co2 tanks, ozone therapy, homeopathy, etc.

This is why there is only one legal clinic that does medically-supervised fasts in the US because most people don't understand it and don't even know what the true definition of fasting is and the purpose of doing it. There is a taboo against it. Which is fine, it's not for everyone but if they don't like it but are simultaneously claiming to be into alternative health strategies then it's their loss, even if they don't want/need to do one themsevles. But as always we have to be specific. A person could use the word "fast" but also advise using methods/supplements that aren't in the professionals protocol. And if something bad happens then people blame the "fasting" but ignore the nuance in where the person was wrong. There is a professional protocol. I witnessed it myself in person. A random person on the net giving you advice on how to do something that is out of protocol is just that, out of protocol and wrong, and likely to produce negative effects.

It was probably my post here that gbold even came across the concept at all. He mentioned the word "fasting" before but he was likely talking about intermittent, not medically-supervised water-only in appropriately selected individuals.

Your thread on fasting again referred to someone who was already in a sick state. Do you think that fasting would work the same way on someone who is on the healthy side? What about hypothyroid people (assuming they don't have any other underlying illness)?

Your thread on fasting again referred to someone who was already in a sick state. Do you think that fasting would work the same way on someone who is on the healthy side? What about hypothyroid people (assuming they don't have any other underlying illness)?

Good questions.

Glossary:

MSWOF - medically-supervised water-only fasting

SWICH - someone who is currently healthy

SWICH can still benefit because:

1. It's an anti-cancer tool. Just because someone is healthy now, that doesn't mean that they won't get cancer. No, I'm not saying that if one did a MSWOF that it guarantees a cancer free life either. It's just another tool in the toolbox. But there is more research coming out about autophagy and stem cell regeneration with fasting.

2. They can do a short one like 5-10 days to burn off some excess fat tissue. The reason that is good from the pro-MSWOF side is it gets rid of a burden/strain on your organs because the last bit of excess fat is likely to be the kind that is suffocating your organs and by doing so you also get rid of the fat-souble stored environmental toxins and less excess body fat usually results in better blood sugar throughout the day because of less circulating FFA.

3. They can use it to reset their tastebuds to where "natural" foods taste great without having to add a lot of/any condiments. Which then usually results in more fiber and phytonutrient intake. In a "Peat" sense the fiber could remove excess estrogen.

4. People who've done MSWOF often report a complete positive mental shift overall because it's a unique state that most people never go into and it happens without any mind altering drugs. There is something that gives you extreme confidence knowing you could go for so long without food and feel good. It's empowering. That can lead to more confidence in daily life when you go back to "glycogen" mode.

Last edited:

alywest

Good questions.

Glossary:

MSWOF - medically-supervised water-only fasting

SWICH - someone who is currently healthy

SWICH can still benefit because:

1. It's an anti-cancer tool. Just because someone is healthy now, that doesn't mean that they won't get cancer. No, I'm not saying that if one did a MSWOF that it guarantees a cancer free life either. It's just another tool in the toolbox. But there is more research coming out about autophagy and stem cell regeneration with fasting.

2. They can do a short one like 5-10 days to burn off some excess fat tissue. The reason that is good from the pro-MSWOF side is it gets rid of a burden/strain on your organs because the last bit of excess fat is likely to be the kind that is suffocating your organs and by doing so you also get rid of the fat-souble stored environmental toxins and less excess body fat usually results in better blood sugar throughout the day because of less circulating FFA.

3. They can use it to reset their tastebuds to where "natural" foods taste great without having to add a lot of/any condiments. Which then usually results in more fiber and phytonutrient intake. In a "Peat" sense the fiber could remove excess estrogen.

4. People who've done MSWOF often report a complete positive mental shift overall because it's a unique state that most people never go into and it happens without any mind altering drugs. There is something that gives you extreme confidence knowing you could go for so long without food and feel good. It's empowering. That can lead to more confidence it daily life when you go back to "glycogen" mode.

Thanks, I have more questions based on your answers:

1. What about water retention and water swelling the cells? Would it first be worth it to try to rid your body of excess water so you actually know if you have remaining fat as opposed to just water retention?

2. Do you recommend a water fast that is just plain water, or do you think minerals should be involved (see my quote from RP above where he says continuing to use sodium, calcium, mag, and potassium would prevent the excessive creation of ammonia by the kidneys.) What does a MSWOF look like?

3. Are you saying the fat removal from MSWOF helps to eliminate circulating FFA? I thought no matter what you will have PUFA in your body, and that by starving yourself you actually increase circulating FFA. Does the circulating FFA that is moving around because of the stress of fasting get flushed out somehow?

What about water retention and water swelling the cells?

I haven't seen anything about water retention and swelling cells and MSWOF. Even though you drink about 40 oz. of water while doing it, you're also losing water weight from your tissues because you're not taking in any sodium and your body is recycling the sodium you already have. I do know that the water weight loss is standard protocol, about 1 lb per day with half being fat and half being water.

Would it first be worth it to try to rid your body of excess water so you actually know if you have remaining fat as opposed to just water retention?

I don't think so and that would be hard to do while eating a normal sodium diet.

Do you recommend a water fast that is just plain water, or do you think minerals should be involved

I would only go by True North's protocol which is distilled water and nothing else. The only time minerals are taken in are from a carbohydrate free vegetable broth if needed which is determined from a blood test to see K and Na levels. They told me the vegetable broth "slows things down" meaning it halts the autophagy and healing process. It doesn't take you out of ketosis but it does "slow things down."

(see my quote from RP above where he says continuing to use sodium, calcium, mag, and potassium would prevent the excessive creation of ammonia by the kidneys.)

From the people I've seen doing TN protocol this doesn't look like a problem but on the flip side what Peat said is "still better than the standard American diet, anything you do it better than that..", which is what they told me when I asked about "protein sparing modified fasts.."

What does a MSWOF look like?

Here's a girl who did one recently. I asked her about it and she said "No, I didn't test my ketones. I actually lost 16 pounds. I know that I'll gain a bunch of water weight back, but that's ok with me. As for continuing the broth, they gave me the option after the first day of it. I felt that it was such an improvement that I elected to continue it, and I'm glad I did. I did water only for my first 7 days. From Day 8 - 13, I did veggie broth and water"

Are you saying the fat removal from MSWOF helps to eliminate circulating FFA?

Anything that results in less adipose tissue should result in less circulating FFA but I think this only truly happens when one has every bit of excess adipose tissue gone. So if you still have 10 lbs. of excess fat, you'll still have FFA.

I thought no matter what you will have PUFA in your body

Yes its true. Even if you eat butter and coconut oil. Even Peat said you could only do it by eating laboratory defatted food, and even then he said "we make our own series of polyunsaturates.." from glucose and/or protein.

and that by starving yourself you actually increase circulating FFA.

It's not starving but yes I know what you mean. Starvation only happens once all adipose tissue is burned through. Yes you do have increased FFA but it's a temporary state. You don't fast forever.

alywest

I haven't seen anything about water retention and swelling cells and MSWOF. Even though you drink about 40 oz. of water while doing it, you're also losing water weight from your tissues because you're not taking in any sodium and your body is recycling the sodium you already have. I do know that the water weight loss is standard protocol, about 1 lb per day with half being fat and half being water.

I don't think so and that would be hard to do while eating a normal sodium diet.

I would only go by True North's protocol which is distilled water and nothing else. The only time minerals are taken in are from a carbohydrate free vegetable broth if needed which is determined from a blood test to see K and Na levels. They told me the vegetable broth "slows things down" meaning it halts the autophagy and healing process. It doesn't take you out of ketosis but it does "slow things down."

From the people I've seen doing TN protocol this doesn't look like a problem but on the flip side what Peat said is "still better than the standard American diet, anything you do it better than that..", which is what they told me when I asked about "protein sparing modified fasts.."

Here's a girl who did one recently. I asked her about it and she said "No, I didn't test my ketones. I actually lost 16 pounds. I know that I'll gain a bunch of water weight back, but that's ok with me. As for continuing the broth, they gave me the option after the first day of it. I felt that it was such an improvement that I elected to continue it, and I'm glad I did. I did water only for my first 7 days. From Day 8 - 13, I did veggie broth and water"

Anything that results in less adipose tissue should result in less circulating FFA but I think this only truly happens when one has every bit of excess adipose tissue gone. So if you still have 10 lbs. of excess fat, you'll still have FFA.

Yes its true. Even if you eat butter and coconut oil. Even Peat said you could only do it by eating laboratory defatted food, and even then he said "we make our own series of polyunsaturates.." from glucose and/or protein.

It's not starving but yes I know what you mean. Starvation only happens once all adipose tissue is burned through. Yes you do have increased FFA but it's a temporary state. You don't fast forever.

Hmmmmmmm, wow! Thanks for the insight. Something to consider for sure. I think I would consider doing a fast of just vegetable broth because anytime I have just used water I have gotten severe headaches which makes me think I just have too much FFA and it just overwhelms me. I definitely have a bit of stubborn belly fat that won't quite go away, although it got pretty low when I had low stress and a really high quality t3 supplement (cytomel). The other thing I would be concerned about is low calcium. I recently got a TSH profile and I was in the upper 5's. I also had really low vitamin D, below 25. Perhaps if I used kale as part of my broth? Did you make your own broth when you did it or did you just use whatever the medical pros gave you?

Travis

...to not be important?!
Did you know there's a few unicode characters (⁈, ⁉, ‽) for that?

I think fasting can be good if one has historically eaten bad food. Once the body is clean, then fasting serves little purpose.

Many people constantly eat allergenic foods and relatively high amounts polyunsaturated fatty acids. The allergenic foods can keep the body in a disorganized state, and also seem to increase adrenal output. ¿Would not a few days of not eating be the quickest way to rid oneself of excessive polyunsaturated fatty acids? I don't think that anyone should jump into a one week fast without first reading a book on the topic, but I see little harm in recommending a one‐or‐two day fast for basically anybody. Recommending anything longer without having experience—and without actually seeing the subject in person—is borderline irresponsible; if a person has the time for a one‐or‐two day fast they certainly have the time to read a book and form their own judgement.

I think fasting certainly can be good, but like most thinks it's become commercialized (to a small degree). Some of the people who make a living off of fasting are very likely somewhat biased: exaggerating the benefits while mitigating the risks.

I think these classic books by people such as Shelton, Gerson, Tilden, and Ehret have a certain degree of truth to them.

The body seems to have an 'elimination mode' that it goes into when its ill, and this can be suppressed by adrenal hormones and catecholamines. I just had an experience myself where I was under quite a bit of adrenal activity for weeks; essentially reading at a fast pace all day, for weeks, stopping only to sleep. I had the feeling that I'd get sick as soon as I stopped and relaxed; I did, and only because I had eaten certain things a few weeks before that I don't usually. It's true that you can taste things—even weeks later—as they are finally being fully dealt with by the body; some people may find this hard to believe but that's probably because they've never went raw vegan for months at a stretch ⋯ sporatically‐punctuated by very brief periods of unusual and unnatural food eating.

The television promotes a world view that is heavily‐influenced by the food and medical industries. Both of these industries don't like people fasting (the food industry for obvious reasons), so fasting is not a 'culturally sanctioned,' politically correct, or popular idea. However: culturally‐sanctioned worldviews have never been synonymous with reality; and alternative ideas shouldn't be discounted simply because they are unusual, unpopular, counter‐intuitive, or unpleasurable. I'd recommend reading a classic book on fasting, if interested, and then you'd be more informed that < 99% of people on the matter. This wouldn't, however, stop them from terrorizing you out of ignorance by telling you that you'd literally die after not eating for a few days.

Last edited:

alywest

Did you know there's a few unicode characters (⁈, ⁉, ‽) for that?

I think fasting can be good if one has historically eaten bad food. Once the body is clean, then fasting serves little purpose.

Many people constantly eat allergenic foods and relatively high amounts polyunsaturated fatty acids. The allergenic foods can keep the body in a disorganized state, and also seem to increase adrenal output. Is not a few days of eating nothing the quickest way to get rid of excessive stored polyunsaturated fatty acids? I don't think that anyone should jump into a one week fast without first reading a book on the topic, but I see little harm in recommending a one‐or‐two day fast for basically anybody. Recommending anything longer without having experience—and without actually seeing the subject in person—is borderline irresponsible, and if a person has the time for a one‐or‐two day fast then they certainly have the time to read a book and make their own judgement.

I think fasting certainly can be good, but like most thinks it's become commercialized (to a small degree). Some of the people who make a living off of fasting are likely somewhat biased: exaggerating the benefits while mitigating the risks.

I think these classic books by people such as Shelton, Gerson, Tilden, and Ehret have a certain degree of truth to them.

The body seems to have an 'elimination mode' that it goes into when its ill, and this can be suppressed by adrenal hormones and catecholamines. I just had an experience myself where I was under quite a bit of adrenal activity for weeks; essentially reading at a fast pace all day, for weeks, stopping only to sleep. I had the feeling that I'd get sick as soon as I stopped and relaxed; I did, and only because I had eaten certain things a few weeks before that I don't usually. It's true that you can taste things—even weeks later—as they are finally being fully dealt with by the body; some people may find this hard to believe but that's probably because they've never went raw vegan for months at a stretch, punctuated sporadically by very brief periods of unusual–unnatural food eating.

The television promotes a world view that is heavily‐influenced by the food and medical industries. Both of these industries don't like people fasting (the food industry for obvious reasons), so fasting is not a 'culturally sanctioned,' politically correct, or popular idea. However: culturally‐sanctioned worldviews have never been synonymous with reality; and alternative ideas shouldn't be discounted simply because they are unusual, unpopular, counter‐intuitive, or unpleasurable. I'd recommend reading a classic book on fasting, if interested, and then you'd be more informed that < 99% of all people on the matter. This wouldn't, however, stop them from terrorizing you out of ignorance by telling you that you'd literally die after not eating for a week.
How much attention should you pay to a throbbing headache if fasting? Would that mean that minerals are low? It sounds like RP recommends keeping minerals up while fasting to avoid overload of ammonia. Is it the ammonia that causes headaches or FFA?

Hmmmmmmm, wow! Thanks for the insight. Something to consider for sure. I think I would consider doing a fast of just vegetable broth because anytime I have just used water I have gotten severe headaches which makes me think I just have too much FFA and it just overwhelms me. I definitely have a bit of stubborn belly fat that won't quite go away, although it got pretty low when I had low stress and a really high quality t3 supplement (cytomel). The other thing I would be concerned about is low calcium. I recently got a TSH profile and I was in the upper 5's. I also had really low vitamin D, below 25. Perhaps if I used kale as part of my broth? Did you make your own broth when you did it or did you just use whatever the medical pros gave you?

To be absolutely clear, I think you're a fool and so is anyone else who attempts to do a fast of any kind without seeking professional supervision. Sorry to name call but I want to emphasize the point.

You should never fast by yourself and even if it's not by yourself you should still only do it while being supervised by a professional. Your best friend wouldn't help you much besides being able to call you an ambulance. If you're going to do something, do it right the first time. This rich YouTuber was able to pay a doctor to actually be around him but most people aren't as rich as him. He did 28 days at home. You could do it at a hospital if you could afford it. True North's cheapest rate is $149 per night. Loren Lockman's Tanglewood Wellness Center is a bit cheaper but it's in Costa Rica. Hey at least you get a tropical vacation out of it and you get to eat his fruit (that sounded gay). Only those with experience do it without supervision. The main problem is losing too much K (potassium) and Na (soidum) by drinking too much water too quickly or if for some reason you didn't have a high level when you started. The MD's at TN know what signs to look for. There is something called a "healing crisis" which is the bodies attempt to heal itself and can include a variety of symptoms. The reason why you go to TN is because they know the difference between a healing crisis and a real problem. That is the key point. The whole point in doing it is to get through the healing crisis if any. You may not have one because you may be healthy. Or you may find out you're not as healthy as you think. I was there for 3 days this year but I didn't fast. I just went to hang out and meet people. I plan on doing at least 10 days but I'd do 30 if I could to really get the most autophagy and stem cell regeneration that I can. And to escape the pleasure trap.

I highly disagree with anything that gbold said about water-only fasting because he's just one anonymous person on the internet. I am too but at least I'm referring to professionals about it. He said things about about working out while fasting which defeats the purpose of doing it because you don't heal when you do that. I don't think he knows what he's talking about when it comes to MSWOF. I only trust what the staff at True North say about it because they have been doing this since 1984 before I was born. I'd rather listen to people who do it professionally and have done it with over 16,000 people with no problems then someone on a forum who you don't know in real life.

They said there are clinics opening soon or may already be open in Florida and Ohio as well. They are doctors who trained at TN and opened their own clinics there.

Last edited:

Travis

How much attention should you pay to a throbbing headache if fasting? Would that mean that minerals are low? It sounds like RP recommends keeping minerals up while fasting to avoid overload of ammonia. Is it the ammonia that causes headaches or FFA?
You know, I never get headaches so I have never bothered to read much about them.

But I think it has to have something to do with serotonin.

I think I have the 'neurotransmitters' acetlycholine, serotonin, and the catecholamines figured out: what they do and how they work, in general. I don't think that serotonin should actually be considered a 'neurotransmitter' since it transmits nothing; it remains unchanged. Only acetylcholine and the catecholamines change materially after they work: one by donating electrons (catecholamines) and one by receiving them and splitting in two (acetylcholine). I think the indoles like serotonin and melatonin should be considered 'neuromodulators,' and could form the gap between two microtubules (synapse) between their G‐protein‐coupled‐receptors. Biophotons sound like science fiction to some, but there's literally no other way to explain the experimentally‐measured nerve conduction velocity of 100 meters per second; biophotons are a reality—just think of luminescent jellyfish.

So: if brain information travels not only through electrons but through biophotons too, then you might want a fluorescent molecule to bridge‐the‐gap between two microtubules in the synapse. I think serotonin only facilitates information transfer—it's true, the molecular form does not change—but not in a binary on/off way but simply by working as a conductive medium that facilitates transfer in proportion to concentration. The raphe nuclei could then be considered the part of the brain which directs exactly which subordinate areas get upregulated by serotonin—perhaps dosing the motor cortex when under the influence of androgens, dopamine, or cortisol.

Serotonin has actually been associated with migraines, and there are some good studies on this. The term 'serotonin migraine' is now actually official, see below:

Sulman, F. G. "Preventive treatment of serotonin-migraine with tetrahydro‐dimethyl‐dibenzo‐pyrazino‐oxazepine hydrogen maleate. A double-blind study." Arzneimittel-Forschung (1981)

Serotonin comes only from tryptophan—nothing else. If all headaches are caused by serotonin, then the correct approach suggests itself: Perhaps change the lighting conditions and wait until it's metabolized, or break the fast and eat gelatin. Folate can help too, as it functions in the brain to cleave the methyl groups required to convert serotonin into melatonin at night. Serotonin is also acetylated as it's detoxified (5‐HIAA), so perhaps aspirin (acetlysalicylic acid) could help; perhaps aspirin could be an acetyl donor?

Last edited:

alywest

To be absolutely clear, I think you're a fool and so is anyone else who attempts to do a fast of any kind without seeking professional supervision. Sorry to name call but I want to emphasize the point.

You should never fast by yourself and even if it's not by yourself you should still only do it while being supervised by a professional. Your best friend wouldn't help you much besides being able to call you an ambulance. If you're going to do something, do it right the first time. This rich YouTuber was able to pay a doctor to actually be around him but most people aren't as rich as him. He did 28 days at home. You could do it at a hospital if you could afford it. True North's cheapest rate is $149 per night. Loren Lockman's Tanglewood Wellness Center is a bit cheaper but it's in Costa Rica. Hey at least you get a tropical vacation out of it and you get to eat his fruit (that sounded gay). Only those with experience do it without supervision. The main problem is losing too much K (potassium) and Na (soidum) by drinking too much water too quickly or if for some reason you didn't have a high level when you started. The MD's at TN know what signs to look for. There is something called a "healing crisis" which is the bodies attempt to heal itself and can include a variety of symptoms. The reason why you go to TN is because they know the difference between a healing crisis and a real problem. That is the key point. The whole point in doing it is to get through the healing crisis if any. You may not have one because you may be healthy. Or you may find out you're not as healthy as you think. I was there for 3 days this year but I didn't fast. I just went to hang out and meet people. I plan on doing at least 10 days but I'd do 30 if I could to really get the most autophagy and stem cell regeneration that I can. And to escape the pleasure trap.

I highly disagree with anything that gbold said about water-only fasting because he's just one anonymous person on the internet. I am too but at least I'm referring to professionals about it. He said things about about working out while fasting which defeats the purpose of doing it because you don't heal when you do that. I don't think he knows what he's talking about when it comes to MSWOF. I only trust what the staff at True North say about it because they have been doing this since 1984 before I was born. I'd rather listen to people who do it professionally and have done it with over 16,000 people with no problems then someone on a forum who you don't know in real life.

They said there are clinics opening soon or may already be open in Florida and Ohio as well. They are doctors who trained at TN and opened their own clinics there.

OK point taken! I think what would work better is to try to eat really clean (not the cool new trend of eating clean which consists of a whole grains) but to eat only broths, fruit, veg, the only thing is, is it the lack of proteins which is the danger? If so, what proteins would be ok? And then do that diet for a few days and start slowly introducing dairy, meat, eggs, etc. Do you see there being a problem with that? And would you do it without salt for the seriously limited diet? I am fearful of water poisoning because I am hypothyroid and since discovering all this Peat stuff I've pretty much only drunk milk, juice and the occasional glass of water, usually to swallow down medications that specifically say take with water. So maybe just fresh squeezed juice and not water? Would fructose pretty much negate the whole point? What is the main thing you're trying to avoid in a water fast? What is the main point of it? Losing fat, specifically FFA, so by eating only fruit, veg and broth you wouldn't be consuming any real fat. The fructose would somewhat limit the circulation of FFA so that would prevent a healing crisis. The lack of Na would result in the sodium loss you talked about. The lack of protein would...IDK I guess result in some circulating FFA but, the fructose would mitigate that to some degree.

Travis

I plan on doing at least 10 days but I'd do 30 if I could to really get the most autophagy and stem cell regeneration that I can. And to escape the pleasure trap.
What do you think should be the time limit for a first‐time person? . . . three days perhaps?

alywest

You know, I never get headaches so I have never bothered to read much about them.

But I think it has to have something to do with serotonin.

I think I have the 'neurotransmitters' acetlycholine, serotonin, and the catecholamines figured out: what they do and how they work, in general. I don't think that serotonin should actually be considered a 'neurotransmitter' since it transmits nothing; it remains unchanged. Only acetylcholine and the catecholamines change materially after they work: one by donating electrons (catecholamines) and one by receiving them and splitting in two (acetylcholine). I think the indoles like serotonin and melatonin should be considered 'neuromodulators,' and could form the gap between two microtubules (synapse) between their G‐protein‐coupled‐receptors. Biophotons sound like science fiction to some, but there's literally no other way to explain the experimentally‐measured nerve conduction velocity of 100 meters per second; biophotons are a reality—just think of luminescent jellyfish.

So: if brain information travels not only through electrons but through biophotons too, then you might want a fluorescent molecule to bridge‐the‐gap between two microtubules in the synapse. I think serotonin only facilitates information transfer—it's true, the molecular form does not change—but not in a binary on/off way but simply by working as a conductive medium that facilitates transfer in proportion to concentration. The raphe nuclei could then be considered the part of the brain which directs exactly which subordinate areas get upregulated by serotonin—perhaps dosing the motor cortex when under the influence of androgens, dopamine, or cortisol.

Serotonin has actually been associated with migraines, and there are some good studies on this. The term 'serotonin migraine' is now actually official, see below:

Sulman, F. G. "Preventive treatment of serotonin-migraine with tetrahydro‐dimethyl‐dibenzo‐pyrazino‐oxazepine hydrogen maleate. A double-blind study." Arzneimittel-Forschung (1981)

Serotonin comes only from tryptophan—nothing else. If all headaches are caused by serotonin, then the correct approach suggests itself: Perhaps change the lighting conditions and wait until it's metabolized, or break the fast and eat gelatin. Folate can help too, as it functions in the brain to cleave the methyl groups required to convert serotonin into melatonin at night. Serotonin is also acetylated as it's detoxified (5‐HIAA), so perhaps aspirin (acetlysalicylic acid) could help; perhaps aspirin could be an acetyl donor?
Wow, this is incredible, so much food for thought. Much appreciated.

Orion

I am currently on day 47 of a 54 day Breuss fast, no supervision, all is going well. Heart rate has stayed at 78-80 BPM, waking basal temps have stayed at 98.

Continue to walk 45mins every day(light weight lighting once per week), work 5 days week, single parent to preteen, sleeping well, lost lots of fat(195 to 165 so far), muscle seems to have maintained size.

Main issues were acne, dandruff and shedding, and skin has cleared dramatically, dandruff gone, shedding has slowed, but looking forward to refeeding next week(proper breaking protocol, then following a slow oxidizer diet), to see how these stick.

I did full RP for close to one year not getting the results I wanted, so this was the next experiment, and has really been eye opening.

paymanz

I am currently on day 47 of a 54 day Breuss fast, no supervision, all is going well. Heart rate has stayed at 78-80 BPM, waking basal temps have stayed at 98.

Continue to walk 45mins every day(light weight lighting once per week), work 5 days week, single parent to preteen, sleeping well, lost lots of fat(195 to 165 so far), muscle seems to have maintained size.

Main issues were acne, dandruff and shedding, and skin has cleared dramatically, dandruff gone, shedding has slowed, but looking forward to refeeding next week(proper breaking protocol, then following a slow oxidizer diet), to see how these stick.

I did full RP for close to one year not getting the results I wanted, so this was the next experiment, and has really been eye opening.
Do you have any estimation of calorie, macro,micro nutrients your getting?

What do you think should be the time limit for a first‐time person? . . . three days perhaps?

They say the average person can do up to 5 days unsupervised at home. We are designed by nature to do this so it's built in us, unless you have MCAD deficiency (which is rare, about 1 in 17,000 in the US) which they told me they've never seen a single case in person. And in over 30 years, only two patients needed added salt because of hypoparathyrodism (parathyroid glands, not thyroid) and things called glucocorticoids and their relation to sucking up salt. But that was eating the salt free diet and not during the fast. One patient needed added refined salt while the other just needed some extra vegetables with naturally occurring salt. Type 1 diabetics can't fast. So you if don't have any of those rare conditions, then 3-5 days at home should be fine. I would only have fruit and veg for a week before. Some say that you get all the autophagy and stem cell benefits from just 5 days.

You don't need supervision on a Breuss "fast" because it's not a true fast. You're still taking in nutriment and you're digestive system is still active so you don't get the autophagy and stem cell benefits. But if it's helping you get rid of excess adipose tissue and you feel good then that's great. It could just be viewed as a "fast" from bad foods.

TubZy

Someone is going to end up seriously hurting themselves with one of these 3 week fasts. My fear is that it will make one of these PFS sufferers suicidal or psychotic and they will end up taking their own life because they are already mentally compromised. Gbolduev's Clomid recommendation could lead to similar results because it is basically a synthetic estrogen with very harsh mental side effects for men.

No, actually quite the opposite. After 2-3 days you go into ketosis and GABA increases so you feel super calm and relaxed. This is the main reason why a ketogenic diet is suggested for seizures.

Ketosis and Brain Handling of Glutamate, Glutamine and GABA

TubZy

Actually I have post finasteride syndrome and for whatever reason the fasting does help tremendously. I think that PFS includes serious nerve or receptor dysfunction, epigenetically, and fasting can actually "reset" the receptors, which is perhaps the only benefit (aside from intense fat loss). I agree that Gbol is probably bolstering his own ego to some degree, and a large part of me despises him, but his mineral protocols do seem to help the people who try it as well. I think the metabolic alkilosis where potassium cannot get into the cell, which is something Peat actually talked about, is at play, and minerals are one way to deal with it.

It up-regulates all your hormonal receptors since your body isn't taking anything in, in order to compensate, which starts to make you sensitive to hormones again, hence the T spike and improved insulin sensitivity post fast.

Travis

dannibo

I seem to remember that he publicly discounted all peer-reviewed studies, and claimed that his knowledge was learned from medical Doctors working with patients (specifically in the ER) and textbooks.

If studies are out, then what "evidence" would he be able to provide regarding ph?.............anecdotal?

I'm surprised that he actually gained any traction here because he attempted to debate Haidut, but then discounted all scientific studies as corrupt.

He appears to have attracted members here who are looking for a shortcut or a panacea without actually putting in the work. Now they have what they were looking for.............a guru.:cool:
The work you talk about can be very misleading. One could put in lots of study, learn all there is to learn and still be imbecilic to reality. Doctors nowadays are as trustable as the fox escorting a scorpion across the river. Putting in the work! Has absolutely nothing to do with insight or hypothesis. I find most people looking for citations etc. But the research nowadays is about as valuable as a cent. Words that mean nothing! Correlations that give no indication of actual cures for disease . Basically BS. Mavericks change the world. No researcher or Pharma has ever cured any disease in the past 100 years. No Pharma has ever devised a vaccine that works and the reason is they assume too much! Human and animal organisms function on a molecular level and not one of these so called experts have come up with anything at all. The greatest physiological chemist and genius in modern history has though.. Dr. William Frederick Koch. There are no equals to this brilliant man. All the rest are BS.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals