Did Gbolduev Have Any Evidence To Back Up His Claims About PH?

AretnaP

This is directed to all the people who followed him.

He went on quite often about it, it was an important part of his theory.

There are pages of him talking about it, six pages in fact.

Is there any actual actual evidence of normal people with non-life-threatening conditions having ph outside of 7.35-7.45? I know @haidut said he hadn't seen severe ph imbalance except in a few really serious cases.

theLaw

I seem to remember that he publicly discounted all peer-reviewed studies, and claimed that his knowledge was learned from medical Doctors working with patients (specifically in the ER) and textbooks.

If studies are out, then what "evidence" would he be able to provide regarding ph?.............anecdotal?

I'm surprised that he actually gained any traction here because he attempted to debate Haidut, but then discounted all scientific studies as corrupt.

He appears to have attracted members here who are looking for a shortcut or a panacea without actually putting in the work. Now they have what they were looking for.............a guru.:cool:

Tarmander

Yes and no. He constantly talked about how people were supposed to open anesthesiology textbooks, and that all the PH stuff was right there to be had. So there was some basis of looking at blood gas levels and making determinations. However, he constantly went very far in his proclamations and contradicted himself. I read most of his posts, and I think he was the classic case of having some very solid info at the core of what he was talking about, and then using that core to weave a mythos around himself, making it very hard to see where the truth stopped and the falsehood began.

Some of his info was very useful, and I have used HCL with meals on his recommendation to bring down my Co2 levels in my Veinous blood, and feel great from it. However, a lot of people were sucked into his fasting stuff, and are probably being made worse from it. If you can resist the pull of the cult of personality, and fasting-quick-fix, he has some decent info that may give you some ideas.

biffbelvin

Some of his info was very useful, and I have used HCL with meals on his recommendation to bring down my Co2 levels in my Veinous blood, and feel great from it. However, a lot of people were sucked into his fasting stuff, and are probably being made worse from it. If you can resist the pull of the cult of personality, and fasting-quick-fix, he has some decent info that may give you some ideas.

Could that not be for several other reasons, such as improving poor digestion and a subsequent improvement in vitamin/mineral absorption?

Amazoniac

But the point is not an imbalanced pH, it's how the body is trying or what it's compromizing to normalize it.

Regarding studies, it's a reality: you got to start from somewhere but most people can't read them, even if it's just due to an unfamiliar metodology. Yet, they are used to prove something disregarding the.. context(tm).

I sense some encouragement for depency in his tone, but on the other hand it's difficult to ask someone that knows a lot "how did you learn your stuff?".

paymanz

But the point is not an imbalanced pH, it's how the body is trying or what it's compromizing to normalize it.
From gbold point of veiw? Idk maybe yes.

But how its bossible that ph imbalance to not be important?! Its obviously very important.

Amazoniac

From gbold point of veiw? Idk maybe yes.

But how its bossible that ph imbalance to not be important?! Its obviously very important.
It's just that it's rarer for it to appear out of range because the effort is put to keep it as stable as possible, so the problems tend to appear on the compensation, especially if it's chronic and subtle.

paymanz

It's just that it's rarer for it to appear out of range because the effort is put to keep it as stable as possible, so the problems tend to appear on the compensation, especially if it's chronic and subtle.
Its rare becuse of that effort.

The moral of story with what you said is that a proper environment/life style may lessen those efforts the body needs to keep it in correct range.

paymanz

Its a bit off topic but its interesting that gbold to my knowledge never mentioned hypertonic/isotonic solution treatment that commonly used in emergency care , and also other areas of medicine.

That is a big part of peat philosophy.

Keeping blood(extracellular fluid in general) tonicity in proper range is only one of recommendations of peat, thats big and important enough to solely being labeled as a therapy, like what rene quinton have done with it.

Last edited:

Kartoffel

You guys should seriously check out the hackstasis forum. It's beyond hilarious. A few weeks ago, Gbol said that he was going to take finasteride just to show everyone that the could cure PFS with his new mineral protocoll. A few days later he announced that he had cured himself, and people went nuts. Sadly, no one else has been cured yet, but he is currently "doing more tests" to optimize his protocoll. I am confident that he will soon be able to cure cancer.

Tarmander

You guys should seriously check out the hackstasis forum. It's beyond hilarious. A few weeks ago, Gbol said that he was going to take finasteride just to show everyone that the could cure PFS with his new mineral protocoll. A few days later he announced that he had cured himself, and people went nuts. Sadly, no one else has been cured yet, but he is currently "doing more tests" to optimize his protocoll. I am confident that he will soon be able to cure cancer.
It is a bit entertaining, if it was not so sad, to see those guys doing 21 day fasts. They come out of one and start planning the next!

Kartoffel

It is a bit entertaining, if it was not so sad, to see those guys doing 21 day fasts. They come out of one and start planning the next!

True, it is kinda sad to see how he is using all these poor guys, who have already suffered enough, to bolster his own ego. Sooner or later they will see through his bull****, hopefully before they do too much harm to themselves. Btw, hypothyroid people are low in HCL, and thus taking some is likely to improve your digestion, kill problematic bacteria, and increase mineral absorption. That certainly makes more sense than "it's lowering you CO2".

How much Betaine HCL are you taking?

Last edited:

Wagner83

Member m_arch, following tyw's suggestion I think (?), supplemented with betaine hcl and like you, Tarmander, noticed much better digestion. In the gbol q and a thread you said yourself you were again pursuing creative activities and felt like your health was moving way forward thanks to better digestion.

jaa

The 21 fast guy was consuming some calories on a bruess fast. The reason people quickly plan their next one is because most find the fast to be beneficial.

I tried a 5 day water fast. It went much better than I expected and I look forward to trying a 10 day water fast in the summer. Sure it goes against Peat, but he's not god and it's easy to experiment with. Isn't that the Peatiest thing of all?

alywest

"...so it happens that starvation, or radiation, or estrogen will all shift our oxidation from sugar to fat....
One of the special problems of fasting, if you've been eating Polyunsaturated fats in the past is that it gives you a pure diet of polyunsaturated fats with a terrific amount of oxidation byproducts when you go into a starvation state...
They specifically spoil the ability of the enzymes to produce energy from...from anything, especially from sugar, and a failure to produce energy is almost exactly the definition of stress, anything that makes you lack energy IS stress. It turns on the whole system of responses to stress."

from KMUD: 12-12 Dementia, Progesterone, Fasting, Fish Oil, Testosterone, Red Light

If you don't agree with this, then why are you even on the Ray Peat Forum? Just to argue?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals