RBTI - Reams - mineral deficiency

burtlancast

Very interesting person, this Dr Carey.
I've found that the website groenning.de offers his book "Choose Life or Death: The Reams Biological Theory of Ionization" for free download: http://groenning.de/download/

The site Whale.to offers too a book about his work: "NO TIME TO DIE! by Joanne Fontenot "
http://www.whale.to/a/reams_h.html

Miguel

burtlancast said:
Very interesting person, this Dr Carey.
Heh....yeah, he's definitely an interesting person to say the least :) Thanks for the links.

Jennifer - I've tested the reagents versus the pH strips. I have found that some pH strips are hard to read (the colors are too similar or don't seem to match the colors on the label). These are the pH strips I use:
http://www.iherb.com/Olympian-Labs-...=0&lc=en-US&w=olympian labs&rc=101&sr=4&ic=25
I only use about 1-1.5cm of paper at a time to conserve it.The pH strips make testing the pH so much more convenient vs using the reagents. When you get a chance, you should get a roll and start testing your pH and brix again. I'm curious to see if your UpH still goes to 8+ and then how long it stays there throughout the day. I also have some simple dietary modifications that you could make based on your numbers (brix and UpH only) to keep them from swaying so much. I'd be interested to see if this helps with your gut issues.

Tara - Don't worry about taking your salt reading and also having to test all the time for like a week+. I would say try testing your brix and UpH throughout at least 1-2 days (doesn't have to be consecutive days) and if possible, try minimizing the supplements during those days since those can affect the numbers and might be skewing what your daily pattern is.

aquaman

Miguel said:
If you, Jennifer, and/or anyone else on here still has a refractometer from their RBTI days, I’d like to get a thread going where we could discuss our urine brix and pHs and see if there are patterns like I mentioned above and then use that to our advantage to guide us on when/what we should be eating to minimize the swings in our numbers and the crashes (while still following a Peat-inspired diet). My thought is, if you can minimize the swings and prevent your numbers from crashing, you can improve your health much faster.

For example, I think Treelady mentioned that she had very acidic urine the time she tested. In my experience, I have found coffee lowers my urine pH. So my thought is, if someone has an acidic urine pH and they keep eating/drinking things that keep pushing it farther away from 6.4, it might be preventing them from healing/regenerating optimally and they might develop some negative symptoms. I'd be interested to see what the daily pHs tended to be for some of the people on this forum.

Yes i'd get involved in this experiment, I have a Refractometer

Jennifer

Miguel said:
Jennifer - I've tested the reagents versus the pH strips. I have found that some pH strips are hard to read (the colors are too similar or don't seem to match the colors on the label). These are the pH strips I use:
http://www.iherb.com/Olympian-Labs-...=0&lc=en-US&w=olympian labs&rc=101&sr=4&ic=25
I only use about 1-1.5cm of paper at a time to conserve it.The pH strips make testing the pH so much more convenient vs using the reagents. When you get a chance, you should get a roll and start testing your pH and brix again. I'm curious to see if your UpH still goes to 8+ and then how long it stays there throughout the day. I also have some simple dietary modifications that you could make based on your numbers (brix and UpH only) to keep them from swaying so much. I'd be interested to see if this helps with your gut issues.

Thank you for the link, Miguel! :)

I'll buy some of that pH paper when I finish up my reagents. I'll start checking my Brix and UpH again and see what I get for a pattern and will post it.

I still have all my dietary recommendations from Su on how to manipulate my numbers, but I'd be very appreciative of knowing your dietary modifications since you follow Ray's work.

I feel Su is closer to Ray's diet approach than Reams, like recommending butter and coconut oil instead of corn oil, no fake soy meat, plenty of salt, lots of fruit even at supper and she started me on natural progesterone. But she still recommends a lot of veggies and legumes/lentils so my list for manipulating my numbers becomes very limited in foods that actually fit in a Peat context.

aquaman

btw - what is "24 hour urine"?

The average, or you pee in a cup for 24 hours and then test??!?!?! :lol:

OP
T

tara

aquaman said:
btw - what is "24 hour urine"?

The average, or you pee in a cup for 24 hours and then test??!?!?! :lol:

I assumed the later is how you get the former, but That's just my guess based on those words.

Jennifer

aquaman said:
or you pee in a cup for 24 hours and then test??!?!?! :lol:

Technically, yes! And it very much deserves a laugh.

I had to collect all my pee in a plastic gallon milk jug for a 24 hour period, gave it a good shake, then filled a large sample container I was given and shipped it off to Promise Outreach's lab.

We had a power outage the weekend I did it and I had to get up a bunch of times at night in the dead of winter. So minus degree temps and I'm out in the backyard in nothing but a tee shirt and boots, peeing in a milk jug. Could make for an great country song. Anyhow, my years of hiking helped me perfect my aim. You guys (men) really have it made in that department. It takes skill on a ladies part to pee in such a tiny hole without spilling over. :lol:

OP
T

tara

Jennifer said:
So minus degree temps and I'm out in the backyard in nothing but a tee shirt and boots, peeing in a milk jug. Could make for an great country song. Anyhow, my years of hiking helped me perfect my aim. You guys (men) really have it made in that department. It takes skill on a ladies part to pee in such a tiny hole without spilling over. :lol:
I guess you'd be one of the women Katy Bowman would be willing to lend her shoes to, then. :)

Jennifer

tara said:
Jennifer said:
So minus degree temps and I'm out in the backyard in nothing but a tee shirt and boots, peeing in a milk jug. Could make for an great country song. Anyhow, my years of hiking helped me perfect my aim. You guys (men) really have it made in that department. It takes skill on a ladies part to pee in such a tiny hole without spilling over. :lol:
I guess you'd be one of the women Katy Bowman would be willing to lend her shoes to, then. :)

I wasn't sure who Katy Bowman was so I had to look her up and this is a picture I saw next to her info:

http://www.restorativeexercise.com/about/

If that's her, I don't think her shoes will fit me. Or maybe her shoes would fit me, but definitely not her hats. :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 694
OP
T

tara

Jennifer said:
I wasn't sure who Katy Bowman was so I had to look her up and this is a picture I saw next to her info:

http://www.restorativeexercise.com/about/

If that's her, I don't think her shoes will fit me. Or maybe her shoes would fit me, but definitely not her hats. :lol:
That's her, though I've seen pictures with more normal proportions. katysays.com.
She's a great biomechanic into encouraging natural body alignment. I've read a post where she talks about keeping all the pelvic muscles at their optimal length, practicing squats etc. She referred to those of us women who have particular muscles shortened, so we pee forward instead of down when we squat, and she said don't lend your shoes to such women. I just tried to find the post again now but failed, sorry. So that's what came to mind picturing you with your big milk bottle. :)

Jennifer

tara said:
She's a great biomechanic into encouraging natural body alignment. I've read a post where she talks about keeping all the pelvic muscles at their optimal length, practicing squats etc. She referred to those of us women who have particular muscles shortened, so we pee forward instead of down when we squat, and she said don't lend your shoes to such women. I just tried to find the post again now but failed, sorry. So that's what came to mind picturing you with your big milk bottle. :)

Ah, okay! I knew I was missing the joke. That's funny!

It makes sense then that my pelvic muscles are at their optimal length since I squat all the time. I started hiking in winter and quickly realized that in order to keep my tush from freezing, I needed to keep it above the snow so I would squat when we'd take breaks or eat ect. and it became habit. I'm squatting right now as I type this, actually. I'll realize after an hour or so of reading on the iPad that I've been squatting the whole time. Well, at least I've been doing something right for my body. It was bound to happen. LOL

Miguel

aquaman said:
Yes i'd get involved in this experiment, I have a Refractometer

Cool.. I'd also like to have people test their urine pH along with doing a refractometer reading b/c I believe there is a correlation between the two as I mentioned in a previous post.

I should probably start testing the saliva pH again but it can be a pain b/c I find it takes about 2 hours post meal before the reading is accurate. Also, you need to avoid drinks for at least 30min and rinse your mouth out with water or else the reading can be skewed.

There was a time where my Saliva pH was like 7.2+ for a while every time I checked. I thought it might have coincided with me getting sick or it could have been from not eating enough protein...I'm not sure. That might be something we as a group can try figure out in the future when we compare our numbers to see if patterns emerge.

I think the 24 urine thing was for something else that Jennifer did when she worked with Su. I'm not familiar with doing that for RBTI but I've heard of that for the Iodine loading test.

dd99

I've just tested my urine and saliva pH for the first time in my life. My urine over the course of the day (three measurements - I can't collect 24 hours' worth of urine and keep my job, unfortunately :D ) was 6.5 (the strips aren't so precise, so I can tell 6, 6.5 or 7) and my saliva was 7.5.

Here's the great RP quote that BingDing posted upthread:
RP said:
I think the 24-hour urine should be pretty acidic (6.3–6.7 is optimum), from a good protein intake, but the saliva should be just a little under 7, reflecting a good carbon dioxide content. There are lots of pH cults. Healthy cells use oxygen (“acid source”) and produce carbon dioxide (a Lewis acid), and are resistant to stress. Cancer cells are more alkaline (from producing lactate instead of carbon dioxide) than healthy cells, contrary to popular pH cult beliefs.

So, according to that, my urine is in range, but my saliva is way too alkaline. Any ideas why that would be, in the context of a pretty standard Peat-inspired diet?

OP
T

tara

dd99 said:
So, according to that, my urine is in range, but my saliva is way too alkaline. Any ideas why that would be, in the context of a pretty standard Peat-inspired diet?
I'd measure several times before drawing conclusions, and consider the average. Not to soon after eating.

dd99

Thanks, tara. I'll do that. I measured today just before eating, because it was convenient. Is that also the wrong time?

OP
T

tara

I'm not expert in this, but I would guess before eating would be more meaningful than after, but not first thing in the morning. I think some of the practitioners suggest 11am or 2pm, with a meal at 12:00 noon. Maybe someone else who's been coached in this can chime in?

InChristAlone

So if drinking more lately my urine ph goes alkaline 8+ for most of the day is that an indication of too much calcium and not enough acid buffers? I am drinking juice with vitamin c to help just wondered what other people think about milk causing alkaline urine.

OP
T

tara

8+ all day seems high to me. I'd be looking at ways to bring it down if it were me. But I'm not aware of milk itself causing this issue without other factors being involved too.
Is milk your only/main source of calcium? Are you supplementing other alkaline minerals, eg magnesium? Drinking any baking soda?
Do you tend towards slow intestinal transit?
I'm not an expert by a long stretch on either Peat's or RBTI's approach.
But the vague ideas I have in my head from reading a bit of both are that there may be several ways to address the issue if it persists. Including:
-Anything that improves CO2 production in your cells - eg improving your ability to turn sugar into energy
-Anything that improves your CO2 retention - eg bag-breathing, reduced breathing exercises.
-Reducing intake of particularly alkalinising foods
-Increasing intake of acidifying foods. (The RBTI lists of acidifying and alkalinising foods are not the same as many other lists around. )

InChristAlone

Yes lately milk was my only source of calcium, but I had also been eating 2 cups of potatoes a day, so after seeing my ph go back to being pretty acidic today after dropping the potatoes, I think I have my answer! Peat was right, potatoes and OJ are alkalizing and milk adds acidity. And yes I do have slow transit, I have to use cascara every now and then to get things moving again.

InChristAlone

But according to an RBTI list, potatoes w/o skins are acidic! Which mean the only alkaline food I eat mainly is OJ. Which I do maybe 12 oz a day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals