Low Toxin Supplements Dextrose, two questions:

EvanHinkle

Dextrose has been a game changer for me and a good friend of mine. However my friend is experiencing constipation from the dextrose. I’ve noticed other mention that when they “overdo it” they have to back off some due to the detox. I’m wondering if this is the way to proceed for them because they’re also incredibly positively affected by the glucose, (like life changing clear mind, thoughts, drive etc).

So this brings me to my next question: has anyone experimented with topical glucose? The dextrose powder I have is water soluble, is it possible to simply administer it topically to avoid digestive issues?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
I'm also experiencing boating and constipation since starting the protocol yesterday.

OP
E

EvanHinkle

I'm also experiencing boating and constipation since starting the protocol yesterday.
But also positive effects for you, or just the constipation and bloating? I feel for my friend because it’s been great for me. Much improved sleep, (and I already slept pretty well). I didn’t notice constipation til about 6 tablespoons daily, (and even then it was mild).

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
@EvanHinkle

The most notable effect so far—aside from the bloating and constipation—has been the significant improvement in mood.

OP
E

EvanHinkle

@EvanHinkle

The most notable effect so far—aside from the bloating and constipation—has been the significant improvement in mood.
Ok, same here, and deeper sleep, fall asleep faster for me.

Regarding your question, 6 tablespoons a day, (2 tablespoons taken three times, breakfast, lunch, and dinner).

purple pill

Dextrose has been a game changer for me and a good friend of mine. However my friend is experiencing constipation from the dextrose. I’ve noticed other mention that when they “overdo it” they have to back off some due to the detox. I’m wondering if this is the way to proceed for them because they’re also incredibly positively affected by the glucose, (like life changing clear mind, thoughts, drive etc).

So this brings me to my next question: has anyone experimented with topical glucose? The dextrose powder I have is water soluble, is it possible to simply administer it topically to avoid digestive issues?

Your friend could try a tablespoon of psyllium Husk in a small glass of prune juice at nights, I think the bile simulating/ binding effects of psyllium along with the slight laxative effects of prune juice is the perfect combo to get things moving. The bound bile should in theory help disinfect the small intestines on the way out too incase of any sibo.

Apple

Pumping yourself with dextrose is even more silly than eating white sugar.
Having excess glucose in blood can lead to activating (sorbitol ) polyol pathway, converting glucose to fructose, with sorbitol as an intermediary product. Sorbitol may accumulate to toxic levels. Some organs are highly susseptable since they can't handle sorbitol: kidneys, retina, Schwann cells.
Activation of the polyol pathway initiates cellular damage. As sorbitol is unable to dissolve across the cell membrane, its accumulation within the cell alters the osmotic pressure across the cell membrane. This causes rapid movement of water into the cell, thus creating osmotic stress, ultimately leading to cell damage.
But there is also AGE pathway...
RP had smth to say about fructose being protective when taken in a form of white sugar or fruit.

Last edited:
Dextrose has been a game changer for me and a good friend of mine. However my friend is experiencing constipation from the dextrose.
I experienced the same. It also softened my stools considerably.

The fix for the constipation for me seems to be to take the dextrose with a fruit meal. I will make fruit bowls of bananas, strawberries, raspberries and add the 3-4 tablespoons of dextrose on top. I'll also add dextrose on top of cooked beef. The only time it feels problematic is when I take it by itself or dissolved in extremely hot water, like coffee. It will give a mild soreness around my eyes, a tiny headache, and constipation if I've taken too much.

earthspa

Forum Supporter

I have the opposite reaction…I get loose stools from it…Ive been experimenting with making amasake which as i understand it is a glucose polymer (very sweet) and its working great to replenish my high activity drain on glucose.

Hidden49

I've only tried a couple of doses but I think it may be constipating me too. Garret said in a video it would slow down ALDH and bile dumping and this is why people are feeling better from it not sure if he's right or not.

I have to agree though dextrose is way more effective and much cleaner as a fuel than refined sugar or fructose, surprised Ray Peat wasn't on board with dextrose, probably would saved a bunch of people from developing health issues from too much cane sugar and fructose who were following RP's advice.

Ras

Having excess glucose in blood can lead to activating (sorbitol ) polyol pathway, converting glucose to fructose, with sorbitol as an intermediary product. Sorbitol may accumulate to toxic levels. Some organs are highly susseptable since they can't handle sorbitol: kidneys, retina, Schwann cells.
Activation of the polyol pathway initiates cellular damage. As sorbitol is unable to dissolve across the cell membrane, its accumulation within the cell alters the osmotic pressure across the cell membrane. This causes rapid movement of water into the cell, thus creating osmotic stress, ultimately leading to cell damage.
RP had smth to say about fructose being protective when taken in a form of white sugar or fruit.
Dr. Stephens has been doing this therapy since at least 2017. He said one patient was taking over 1,000 grams of dextrose a day. Why hasn't he observed adverse outcomes in his patients?

Krigeren

I have to agree though dextrose is way more effective and much cleaner as a fuel than refined sugar or fructose, surprised Ray Peat wasn't on board with dextrose, probably would saved a bunch of people from developing health issues from too much cane sugar and fructose who were following RP's advice.

I've been thinking about that and perhaps RP thought there were no sources of dextrose clean or pure enough. He seems to have done the same with several supplements that he thought might be beneficial but couldn't recommend a source for that reason. I believe he did generally speak pretty highly of the glucose molecule throughout his career. At least here he did: Glucose and sucrose for diabetes..

Considering the topic on the boards recently (regarding Dr Stephens work), I see this gem in that article as well:

"When the brain senses a lack of glucose, nerves are activated to increase the amount of glucose in the blood, to correct the problem. As long as the brain senses the need for more glucose, the regulatory systems will make the adjustments to the blood glucose level."

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
I cannot give away the feeling when I read stuff here, especially now with this dextrose thing, like we are in some kind of a tribe in a jungle and we are talking about stuff, this guy said this, that one said this, a lot of anecdotals, but where is the science of all of this, biochemistry?
What is so special about dextrose?
I stuff myself with so much carbs every day, I create such glucose and insulin spikes, why is that not enough?
Btw, I am sipping on a dextrose powder in the coffee as I am writing this...😁

purple pill

I cannot give away the feeling when I read stuff here, especially now with this dextrose thing, like we are in some kind of a tribe in a jungle and we are talking about stuff, this guy said this, that one said this, a lot of anecdotals, but where is the science of all of this, biochemistry?
What is so special about dextrose?
I stuff myself with so much carbs every day, I create such glucose and insulin spikes, why is that not enough?
Btw, I am sipping on a dextrose powder in the coffee as I am writing this...😁
I would like to think that after many years of this community researching and trialling many different dietary approaches, hormones, supplements etc. that we're finally moving in a positive direction as a whole, with anecdotal experiences bouncing back and forth were getting a clearer picture of what works and what doesn't, let's face it thousands of studies have been shared and discussed on here for years with theories that looked solid and guaranteed to bring better health ie low pufas, low serotonin etc, these never panned for me or many others.

Side note.....just noticed last night that the tinnitus that has been tormenting me since messing with aspirin has been dialled way down since the dextrose 😎

Dutchie

I cannot give away the feeling when I read stuff here, especially now with this dextrose thing, like we are in some kind of a tribe in a jungle
A tribe in the jungle?!.....it feels more like a straight up cult to me.

Peater

Garret said in a video it would slow down ALDH

This is purely speculation but is there a chance it slows down detox (Taking that as given) because there is less to detox if cells are running cleanly?

To use the car engine analogy, like an engine running a perfect mixture, not too rich, not too lean.

orangebear

For the record I’m also in the more pooping and looser stools camp with dextrose. There also seem to be symptoms of bigger bile dumps, but it’s only been one day so I can’t say for sure yet.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
For the record I’m also in the more pooping and looser stools camp with dextrose. There also seem to be symptoms of bigger bile dumps,
Same.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals