Low Toxin Supplements Dextrose, two questions:

Apple

I cannot give away the feeling when I read stuff here, especially now with this dextrose thing, like we are in some kind of a tribe in a jungle and we are talking about stuff, this guy said this, that one said this, a lot of anecdotals, but where is the science of all of this, biochemistry?
What is so special about dextrose?
I stuff myself with so much carbs every day, I create such glucose and insulin spikes, why is that not enough?
Btw, I am sipping on a dextrose powder in the coffee as I am writing this...😁
Yeah, I just don't get it. Ok.., somebody does't like white sugar, just stick with fruit, it can not be that bad.
Why do we need dextrose when a plate of rice or piece of bread will do just fine ? Unless everyone on here has damaged guts or ... people eat so much beans that they can not absorb carbs any more ( due to α‐glucosidase inhibitory effects) .
I can smell there is another fad diet on the horizon ...

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
I would like to think that after many years of this community researching and trialling many different dietary approaches, hormones, supplements etc. that we're finally moving in a positive direction as a whole, with anecdotal experiences bouncing back and forth were getting a clearer picture of what works and what doesn't, let's face it thousands of studies have been shared and discussed on here for years with theories that looked solid and guaranteed to bring better health ie low pufas, low serotonin etc, these never panned for me or many others.
Dude, I know that you would like to think we are going somewhere, you want to stay positive. But are we, really?
Yes, a lot of studies have been discussed ,a lot of things tried out. How do you know this dextrose thing is not the same?
I was thinking today when I was in the gym. We are just spining our wheels in place. This forum is like the Matrix. We are being fed images, we are being fed hope, we are constantly waiting for a savior. None of that is real.
Does anyone knows anybody who actually solved their issues with dextrose and low vitamin A?
I wrote it before. Those twitter posts could be fake, also those twitter accounts, fake. We are just being fed this imagery and hope matrix style and constantly new thing appears around the corner.
Real people here, me including, try something, it makes them feel somehow and then after one week is gone.
And this low Vitamin A is a perfect perpetual fluke because it is a null hypothesis. You cannot disprove it cause nobody has ever eaten 0 Vitamin A.
Whenever people change their diet they always feel good. If nothing else, the sheer determination and belief make a person feel better.
How many times have I done this myself...

Side note.....just noticed last night that the tinnitus that has been tormenting me since messing with aspirin has been dialled way down since the dextrose
You see this? This is a perfect example. You could have taken something completely else and it might have eradicated your tinnitus by who knows which kind of biochemical pathway which is improving production of glycine.
I wrote it to somebody else I think, but salicylic acid is being excreted out of the body by binding it to glycine. That is why people have tinnitus. Cause they don't have enough glycine.
How is lack of glycine causing tinnitus? I haven't gone that far, I don't know...

At best, low toxin and dextrose/glucose thing is just back to basics.
Yes, you shouldn't put toxins inside your body and yes glucose is the basis for life, but how is that going to solve specific illnesses?
Maybe for somebody is enough, I don't know. Haven't met anybody whom it solved chronic issues.
Its good to wipe the board clean and start with the basics though.

purple pill

Dude, I know that you would like to think we are going somewhere, you want to stay positive. But are we, really?
Yes, a lot of studies have been discussed ,a lot of things tried out. How do you know this dextrose thing is not the same?
It's not about positivity and blind faith for me I'm using my own discretion as I do with every other thing that's been shared or discussed on here. Examples...I have taken nicotinic acid for years, I tried niacinamide as a possible better alternative as discussed on here and found it didn't agree with me so stopped within a week and carried on taking nicotinic acid....thyroid meds, never agreed with me either despite all good things I've read so never bothered with them, same goes for high A or eating liver, high saturated fat and so on, I've tried many things over the years and finally found things that actually are working and beneficially for me. All I was doing with my comment was making a best guess at that what is happening for me is happening for others and because of that people are making comments about it being some kind of cult, I disagree but can only speak for myself but theres a hell of a lot more success on here lately and people are a lot more hopeful.
I was thinking today when I was in the gym. We are just spining our wheels in place. This forum is like the Matrix. We are being fed images, we are being fed hope, we are constantly waiting for a savior. None of that is real.
Does anyone knows anybody who actually solved their issues with dextrose and low vitamin A?
I wrote it before. Those twitter posts could be fake, also those twitter accounts, fake. We are just being fed this imagery and hope matrix style and constantly new thing appears around the corner.
I really don't think theres a great conspiracy at work here I believe the opposite.
Real people here, me including, try something, it makes them feel somehow and then after one week is gone.
And this low Vitamin A is a perfect perpetual fluke because it is a null hypothesis. You cannot disprove it cause nobody has ever eaten 0 Vitamin A.
Whenever people change their diet they always feel good. If nothing else, the sheer determination and belief make a person feel better.
How many times have I done this myself...

You see this? This is a perfect example. You could have taken something completely else and it might have eradicated your tinnitus by who knows which kind of biochemical pathway which is improving production of glycine.
I wrote it to somebody else I think, but salicylic acid is being excreted out of the body by binding it to glycine. That is why people have tinnitus. Cause they don't have enough glycine.
How is lack of glycine causing tinnitus? I haven't gone that far, I don't know...
Glycine does seem to work for some but not all, not enough to be anywhere near conclusive as you seem to think, like I said previously I've taken lots of tmg and also forgot to mention I've taken a tonne of gelatin aswell since stopping aspirin to no avail, either way glucose is working for me, just as according to Dr Stephen's it's working for many of his patients as well, I've read many things about aspirin speeding up metabolism so I'm guessing this speeds up the brains glucose utilisation leading to a greater deficit in the brain. I've also had many concussions over the years.
Yes, shouldn't put toxins inside your body and yes glucose is the basis for life, but how is that going to solve specific illnesses?
I thought it was pretty much agreed in the bioenergetics space that all disease is caused by an energy deficit??? Isnt that Ray Peat 101???
Maybe for somebody is enough, I don't know. Haven't met anybody whom it solved chronic issues.
Its good to wipe the board clean and start with the basics though.

Mitchell777

I've only tried a couple of doses but I think it may be constipating me too. Garret said in a video it would slow down ALDH and bile dumping and this is why people are feeling better from it not sure if he's right or not.

I have to agree though dextrose is way more effective and much cleaner as a fuel than refined sugar or fructose, surprised Ray Peat wasn't on board with dextrose, probably would saved a bunch of people from developing health issues from too much cane sugar and fructose who were following RP's advice.
Did Garret provided any evidence that dextrose will slow down ALDH? He seems to use that as a reason for things he doesn’t like. He obviously doesn’t understand dextrose and how it’s transformed the lives of many, but from watching his long form videos on YouTube, sometimes he will just say “it lowers ALDH” but doesn’t then provide the evidence for that comment. It’s his speculation. However I may be wrong, if he did show how it slows down then enzyme then can you link it? Id like to read it and see the mechanism to how it does that.

Hidden49

Did Garret provided any evidence that dextrose will slow down ALDH? He seems to use that as a reason for things he doesn’t like. He obviously doesn’t understand dextrose and how it’s transformed the lives of many, but from watching his long form videos on YouTube, sometimes he will just say “it lowers ALDH” but doesn’t then provide the evidence for that comment. It’s his speculation. However I may be wrong, if he did show how it slows down then enzyme then can you link it? Id like to read it and see the mechanism to how it does that.
Don't think so, but yeah he hyper focuses on ALDH and ADH and unfortunately human biology is a bit more complicated than just those two enzymes.

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
theres a hell of a lot more success on here lately and people are a lot more hopefu
Yeah, lets see about that...
I really don't think theres a great conspiracy at work here I believe the opposite
Thats exactly what I said.
You live in a belief, not in a know.
I've taken lots of tmg and also forgot to mention I've taken a tonne of gelatin
Tmg and gelatine for me do nothing.
If I take pure glycine, that I can feel, but I haven't taken it in the purpose of tinnitus. I also didn't have tinnitus...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals