Destroyed gut after several rounds of antibiotics

Vins7

7 years ago I had surgery for appendicitis and docs gave me several rounds of antibiotics in the same year. From that moment my gut was never the same. Bloating, constipation and inflammation in the gut, daily. Negative for sibo and negative for intolerances.
Could it be due to fungal overgrowth from taking so many antibiotics?
I read that most people here talk about the power of antibiotics but I don't read much about antifungals. If the damage has been caused by taking antibiotics, what would be the point of taking antibiotics again to fix the problem...?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The antibiotics destroyed your liver. Fix the liver and that will fix everything.

David PS

7 years ago I had surgery for appendicitis and docs gave me several rounds of antibiotics in the same year. From that moment my gut was never the same. Bloating, constipation and inflammation in the gut, daily. Negative for sibo and negative for intolerances.
I read that most people here talk about the power of antibiotics but I don't read much about antifungals. If the damage has been caused by taking antibiotics, what would be the point of taking antibiotics again to fix the problem...?

If your issues started from several rounds of antibiotic drugs that were close in time (in the same year) to each other, your gut flora may have been damaged. has become unbalanced and is not able to fully recover (rebalance itself). An unbalanced microbiome is the source of the medical label 'dysbiosis' and it can be caused by many things including overuse of antibiotic drugs.

Not to change the subject but Glyphosate (Roundup) is a common herbicide ("weed-killer") used in crop and non-crop lands, including residential areas such as home lawns and gardens. Monsanto originally Glyphosate in the US as an antibotic drug. So it would be best to eat organic as much as you can to help your microbiome can re-establish itself . Also, it would be helpful to eat a variety of probiotic foods.

Jamsey

I experienced something similar, with antibiotics leading to a c diff infection which then lead to even more antibiotics. Afterwards, my gut was really messed up for a few years and I tried a million ways to fix it. I can confirm on my end that advice like “fix the liver, fix the gut” was unhelpful or reductionist advice, and probiotic pills that were constantly recommended were also not very helpful as they only lead to more inflammation for me. The way I resolved my problems was two fold. The first step was resolving the inflammatory cycle, which can be done however you please but for me involved eating around 3-6 yellow bananas a day(1-2 with each meal). This will cause bloating and some uncomfortable feelings, but after a few days to a week of this, my gut would stop being inflamed and reactive as long as I continued the bananas. But if I stopped, the issues came back. So, my second step was to rain hellfire on the microbes causing this. While it could’ve been bacteria, fungus, mold, parasites, leftover c diff, it didn’t really matter to me because I chose to use antimicrobials that were fairly broad spectrum. I was also drinking raw milk at the same time as the antimicrobials, which I was taking 3-4 times a day. Furthermore, I was taking cyproheptadine with each meal / anti microbial dose to mitigate inflammatory reactions. This continued for 3 weeks ish until my symptoms resolved. Since then, my stomach issues have not come back.

Anti microbial Protocol(one dose):

with orange juice:
-Paraguard: by zahler(full dropper)
-Allibiotic cf: by now(3 capsules)
-borax 1/8 tsp
-undecylenic acid: by thorne(3 capsules)
-sodium bicarb (.5 tsp)
-every other anti microbial herb I had in my cabinet but don’t remember now

Followed by raw milk with 4mg cyproheptadine 15 minutes later

This was done 3-4 times a day. Keep in mind, this is probably overkill and I can’t guarantee the safety of the combinations, but I was desperate after a few years of hell and was willing to try anything. The important part of this is resolving the inflammatory cycle first, so that you can administer whatever anti microbial treatment you choose for as long as possible. Best of luck, there is another side to the pain.

Last edited:

akgrrrl

I have had 8 reconstructive syrgeries over a 10 year period after an ac ident with massive antibiotics every time. The doctors dont say crap-all about this. If I hadnt already known to go the the refrigerated section for a potent full spectrum probiotic I would have suffered a lot, and maybe all my life.

GreekDemiGod

I took 4 courses of antibiotics in 2023. I had gut issues before that, the only change was that it worsened my constipation.

LucH

Hi,
After antibiotics, you need to occupy the place or stronger phila will take the place. Unbalance.
If you suffer from dysbiosis (flatulence and gaz) you have to see how the MMC functions + to avoid stase. Too long to explain here without a link.
Even if you aren't diagnosed SIBO, the problem seems to have the same issue as SIBO/SIFO.
How is your tongue? Spit into a glass of water and take a snapshot (photo) If there are suspension filaments.
If the tongue is white, your liver is overburdened. Don't do anything to detox but to help evacuate excess toxins. We can stimulate the liver a bit.
If you stomach and intestines are in a bad state, useful nutrients are to take but not before having fixed the overgrowth. Candida albicans can be fed with glutamine.
How are you managing hunger / craving for sugar?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It all starts in the liver. The antibiotics likely caused cholestasis and/or changed your bile acid profile which then destroys the gut. Fix the liver, fix it all.

David PS

@Vins7 - Seven years of suffering is a long time. Have you tried any over-the-counter remedies? Acid reflux remedies are common. The proton-pump inhibitor market hit $3 billion in 2022.
Proton-Pump-Inhibitors-Market-Forecast_94723.png
source

The "purple pills" give relief by lowering stomach acid, but this weakens digestion, leading to bacterial overgrowth.

1707393711703.png
1707394175307.png

Last edited:

David PS

Raw carrots contain a natural anti-fungal.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
I experienced something similar, with antibiotics leading to a c diff infection which then lead to even more antibiotics. Afterwards, my gut was really messed up for a few years and I tried a million ways to fix it. I can confirm on my end that advice like “fix the liver, fix the gut” was unhelpful or reductionist advice, and probiotic pills that were constantly recommended were also not very helpful as they only lead to more inflammation for me. The way I resolved my problems was two fold. The first step was resolving the inflammatory cycle, which can be done however you please but for me involved eating around 3-6 yellow bananas a day(1-2 with each meal). This will cause bloating and some uncomfortable feelings, but after a few days to a week of this, my gut would stop being inflamed and reactive as long as I continued the bananas. But if I stopped, the issues came back. So, my second step was to rain hellfire on the microbes causing this. While it could’ve been bacteria, fungus, mold, parasites, leftover c diff, it didn’t really matter to me because I chose to use antimicrobials that were fairly broad spectrum. I was also drinking raw milk at the same time as the antimicrobials, which I was taking 3-4 times a day. Furthermore, I was taking cyproheptadine with each meal / anti microbial dose to mitigate inflammatory reactions. This continued for 3 weeks ish until my symptoms resolved. Since then, my stomach issues have not come back.

Anti microbial Protocol(one dose):

with orange juice:
-Paraguard: by zahler(full dropper)
-Allibiotic cf: by now(3 capsules)
-borax 1/8 tsp
-undecylenic acid: by thorne(3 capsules)
-sodium bicarb (.5 tsp)
-every other anti microbial herb I had in my cabinet but don’t remember now

Followed by raw milk with 4mg cyproheptadine 15 minutes later

This was done 3-4 times a day. Keep in mind, this is probably overkill and I can’t guarantee the safety of the combinations, but I was desperate after a few years of hell and was willing to try anything. The important part of this is resolving the inflammatory cycle first, so that you can administer whatever anti microbial treatment you choose for as long as possible. Best of luck, there is another side to the pain.
I’m thinking I may try this protocol. Did you ever have reflux/bad taste in mouth, prior to treating your gut? Do you still eat bananas many times a day? How long have you been symptom free? Thanks!

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
It all starts in the liver. The antibiotics likely caused cholestasis and changed your bile acid profile which then destroys the gut. Fix the liver, fix it all.
What do you recommend for fixing the liver?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
What do you recommend for fixing the liver?
A low "vitamin A" and low toxin diet with the Big 5 minerals and Niacin as Nicotinic acid.

Jamsey

I’m thinking I may try this protocol. Did you ever have reflux/bad taste in mouth, prior to treating your gut? Do you still eat bananas many times a day? How long have you been symptom free? Thanks!
Sure I might have occasionally but my main symptom was diarrhea 5-10 minutes after nearly every meal. I was reacting to any food, which is why stopping the inflammatory reaction was so important. Bananas were unique for me, in that I believe they temporarily made my gut bacteria less harmful(the idea of harmful bacteria becoming relatively harmless in the presence of glucose has been discussed before and matches my experience). I rarely eat bananas anymore, as part of my measure of success was not needing them, and I’ve been symptom free for about a year and half now. If I was to give caution about what I did, I would say perhaps to drop the borax and keep in mind that the cyproheptadine causes relatively intense drowsiness in the first few days at least(this will go away but should be kept in mind).

"Some of the benefit from antibiotics probably results from the reduced endotoxin stress when intestinal bacteria are suppressed. However, antibiotics can kill
the intestinal bacteria that produce vitamin K, so it's important to include that in the diet when antibiotics are used."
-Ray Peat

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals