Famotidine (Pepcid) for (ulcer?)/ histamine reactions etc?

Wendy B

I don't know if i have an ulcer, but last week started to get dull burn in (stomach? intestines? both?) plus increased bloating, gas and even more reduced motility. Was inquiring on RP FB group natural options for ulcers before reaching out to MD or ND and was suggested to find famotidine post somewhere here. I found one, have very much trouble reading due to medical condition.... Saw it was said to treat ulcers may take 40 mg famotidine twice a day I believe. I'm a bit confused. Won't that make my digestive situation worse to reduce stomach acid that much? I did end up trying pepcid yesterday after reading this and do notice less histamine reaction (I have wicked histamine reactions every day) and some better mood. I see it says only take two weeks. I do have some wierd feeling in chest/(heart?), fatigue, and slow urine stream with the famotidine (pepcid) but coping with these affects as they arent too bad. Questions: Is it possible to get some more feedback on taking this for potential ulcer? Should i still contact doctor? I see on the forum it says ulcer treatment was 8 weeks. Why does pill box say only two weeks? I'm about 100 lbs, pre-existing SIBO/bloat/constipation not helped by two rounds antibiotics, very intolerant to most supps or meds, Lyme, exhaustion, sleep dep from benzo post withdrawl syndrome, peating almost two years with little improvement though. Also, is it possible to get better understanding in very simple lay language how this med also reduces serotonin? Im not understanding what i read about that on here. Thanks for anyhelp

Last edited:
OP
W

Wendy B

Have you tried progesterone and thyroid?
yeah I have. Five different types / approaches with thyroid caused depression, exhaustion, dim vision, or blood sugar imbalances, and progesterone has been similar. I try them again from time to time to see if i tolerate them better but haven't found a workable or sustainable way to take these. My food intake does seem pretty substantial calorically (about 1700 calories a day average, im 5'1") so I don't think that's the problem. Probably it's the severe sleep deprivation that began the night i went off benzos, some years ago. Haven't healed from this yet. But I cant wait for my sleep to repair, while my digestion falls apart. Bit of a catch 22. Trying every angle i can.

OP
W

Wendy B

you might find a course of cyproheptadine to be magical.
I looked into that like a year ago locally here in San diego, CA, couldn't find it. Seems i recall I could order online? But was very expensive if i recall? Where are people getting this? Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals