Danny Roddy Possibly Censored RP On The Authoritarian Interview ?

OP
J

jaguar43

It's now a little entertaining to see how you continue to spin a web of rationalizations underneath which is an irrational anger towards Roddy.

Is it because he's making money by taking ideas from Peat -- is this how you see it and it angers you because he's doing what you want to do?

cantstopeating= Roddy's lackey on the Ray Peat forum. ( members beware)

milk_lover

Sarcasm possibly ? Why do you ask ?
no, no sarcasm I swear. I read a little about him on Wikipedia and I wasn't so sure what so special about him, so that's why I am interested in knowing your opinion about him [Hegel of course]. BTW I don't think Danny is off limits to criticise (@charlie is though, just kidding lol), it's not like he contributes much on this forum. But I am very appreciative of his videos Generative Energy on youtube; they are very informative.

cantstopeating= Roddy's lackey on the Ray Peat forum. ( members beware)

Yes. Roddy pays me every month with a crate of fresh OJ, milk, liver and cheese. He also hand delivers it over a few thousand miles. (Members beware, if you want me as your 'lackey', you have to beat this offer).

Yes. Roddy pays me every month with a crate of fresh OJ, milk, liver and cheese. He also hand delivers it over a few thousand miles. (Members beware, if you want me as your 'lackey', you have to beat this offer).

I'll throw some prozac on top but just because it's you :cool

milk_lover

@cantstoppeating you're such an expensive lackey. How about fresh lamb shank sent to you every other day on top of what Roddy sends you? Anyone who offends me and my culture, you take care of him.

OP
J

jaguar43

Well, people tend to undervalue the non-food ideas of Ray Peat. We all have our moral systems and we might not realize that they cannot be kept separate and incoherent with our dietary systems. As for things you put in your body, they might feel less sure, so they rely on other people's judgement a lot more. When that judgement extends and elaborates upon the basic Ray Peat concepts, people will naturally conceal some doubts and snap back as soon as some evidence comes up against the new concepts. There is a constant scrutiny on these vendors because they are treated as if they have licensed ideas from Ray Peat and must hold true to them at all times, instead of just selling high quality substances in a convenient carrier and container. That being said, I think the ones that get criticized are much more appreciated and respected, so they should see it as a good thing. Not that Danny Roddy isn't respected, but he really isn't that much of a thing around these parts.
=

Yes I agree, those vendors who get the most criticism are the most respected. I have to give it up to haidut. and give him props. The criticism he has taken every since the beginning would have made me not sell any products or participate in the forum.

For example Haidut in the DMSO thread responded to the Farmermark in a respectable fashion. Even after farmermark posted that reply from peat, no one was upset or criticizing farmermark for doing so. Neither was Haidut which he showed his true colors with that response in my opinion.

However I can't say the same about Roddy. The issue can easily be cleared up. He can release the unedited version of the interview and prove me wrong.

Why doesn't he respond, or sent out a memo. Because he doesn't have the same character as Haidut or healthnatura or anyone else.

Last edited:
OP
J

jaguar43

no, no sarcasm I swear. I read a little about him on Wikipedia and I wasn't so sure what so special about him, so that's why I am interested in knowing your opinion about him [Hegel of course]. BTW I don't think Danny is off limits to criticise (@charlie is though, just kidding lol), it's not like he contributes much on this forum. But I am very appreciative of his videos Generative Energy on youtube; they are very informative.

I have been thinking about this for a few days.

When I took a basic philosophy course in college my professor lectured on Hegel's position.

He talked about his dialectical method and the idealism that Hegel promote. Interestingly after Hegel, he discuss Marx's dialectical method. It seems to me that Hegel and Marx; like Plato and Aristotle are the antithesis to each other. And one can't discuss the one without the other.

Ray Peat discussed Plato and Aristotle in the interview. Did he discuss Hegel, we don't know....

As Ray Peat said, Hegel was part of the ruling class. And his philosophy seem to serve the ruling class. In Mind and Tissue Peat discusses some philosophy. Like the dialectic materialism of Engels and Marx.

The Marxian position is committed to the objective existence of generality: For the "Dialectic" to operate in matter, without an overseeing God, the meaningful units (such as thesis and antithesis, and the social classes, etc.) must exist intrinsically in matter, which is just to say that generality has objective existence. - Ray Peat Mind and Tissue page 48

It's extremely interesting. Thats why I started the thread in the first place. If I am right, and Roddy left out some content. Then it's possible that we only got a fragmented version of Ray Peat's philosophy

We could hit up the Politics and Science guy and see if he wants to do an interview or something.

OP
J

jaguar43

We could hit up the Politics and Science guy and see if he wants to do an interview or something.

Yea, that would be nice.

Someone could email Ray Peat with the link to the interview and ask if there were any parts left out ? I would, but I try to only email him once a month since he already gets a lot of emails.

Drareg

The last thing that can be said of a lunatic is that his actions are causeless. If any human acts may loosely be called causeless, they are the minor acts of a healthy man; whistling as he walks; slashing the grass with a stick; kicking his heels or rubbing his hands. It is the happy man who does the useless things; the sick man is not strong enough to be idle. It is exactly such careless and causeless actions that the madman could never understand; for the madman (like the determinist) generally sees too much cause in everything. The madman would read a conspiratorial significance into those empty activities. He would think that the lopping of the grass was an attack on private property. He would think that the kicking of the heels was a signal to an accomplice. If the madman could for an instant become careless, he would become sane. Every one who has had the misfortune to talk with people in the heart or on the edge of mental disorder, knows that their most sinister quality is a horrible clarity of detail; a connecting of one thing with another in a map more elaborate than a maze. If you argue with a madman, it is extremely probable that you will get the worst of it; for in many ways his mind moves all the quicker for not being delayed by the things that go with good judgment. He is not hampered by a sense of humour or by charity, or by the dumb certainties of experience. He is the more logical for losing certain sane affections. Indeed, the common phrase for insanity is in this respect a misleading one. The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason.

Does a madman or sane man use paragraphs?
Are you mad to define madness?

Drareg

:thumbup:
Tara, someone already emailed Roddy, here was his response.

Someone sent me a link a few days ago. I don't think there's enough substance there to require a rebuttal. I think that gentleman has an active imagination. - Danny Roddy by XPLUS Post #236

What are your thoughts tara ?

From Ray Peat article," how do you know". How did DR know?:thumbup:
"Reading with a critical imagination is as important for science as it is for literature or advertising. Good literature often opens expansive new ways of seeing the world, and good science writing can do that too, but too often scientific publications have ulterior motives, and should be read the way advertising propaganda is read".

Drareg

=

Yes I agree, those vendors who get the most criticism are the most respected. I have to give it up to haidut. and give him props. The criticism he has taken every since the beginning would have made me not sell any products or participate in the forum.

For example Haidut in the DMSO thread responded to the Farmermark in a respectable fashion. Even after farmermark posted that reply from peat, no one was upset or criticizing farmermark for doing so. Neither was Haidut which he showed his true colors with that response in my opinion.

However I can't say the same about Roddy. The issue can easily be cleared up. He can release the unedited version of the interview and prove me wrong.

Why doesn't he respond, or sent out a memo. Because he doesn't have the same character as Haidut or healthnatura or anyone else.

DR is learning, he is not in the same domain as Haidut or others in biochem/cell physiology domain on here,to be fair, it will take years for DR to get to that level of comprehension.

It's highly likely he has not got into Hegel,Plato etc, he is currently ignorant to a very complex topic hence the reason for leaving it out, he can't profit from said information yet.

Drareg

This thread is almost exclusively discussed by men. Women are much more intelligent to cut through the bs than we are..
And jag, I'm not suggesting that your content is bs, but your intentions are clearly not clarifying this issue.

Wow sexist comment,what's your problem with men?:lol:
That's like the switcheroo of sexism, your still being sexist to women.

OP
J

jaguar43

DR is learning, he is not in the same domain as Haidut or others in biochem/cell physiology domain on here,to be fair, it will take years for DR to get to that level of comprehension.

It's highly likely he has not got into Hegel,Plato etc, he is currently ignorant to a very complex topic hence the reason for leaving it out, he can't profit from said information yet.

FarmerMark posted an email regarding Peat describing DMSO in a negative light. That was in response to Haiduts new thyroid product. And yet no one was criticizing Farmermark for not being "direct" or having something "against" Haidut like they have with me.

My point was that there wasn't the same type of defense for Haidut as was for Roddy. Haidut has been criticize for his products and yet I don't see people making the same argument that the people defending Roddy do. Thats a double standard.

I could be wrong that Roddy didn't leave something out. But all he has to do is post the unedited interview to prove me wrong.

Last edited:
OP
J

jaguar43

:thumbup:

From Ray Peat article," how do you know". How did DR know?:thumbup:
"Reading with a critical imagination is as important for science as it is for literature or advertising. Good literature often opens expansive new ways of seeing the world, and good science writing can do that too, but too often scientific publications have ulterior motives, and should be read the way advertising propaganda is read".

I think he should release the unabridged interview. If I am so "imaginary" then it shouldn't be a problem. I would be happy to be proven wrong. And I will take any heat from the members that defended him. I have no problem with that.

Drareg

I think he should release the unabridged interview. If I am so "imaginary" then it shouldn't be a problem. I would be happy to be proven wrong. And I will take any heat from the members that defended him. I have no problem with that.

He won't release it, he has begun selling Peats ideas to a market, the philosophical aspect is currently over the markets head, people don't buy what they don't understand?

whodathunkit

WHY ON EARTH is this turkey of a thread still floating to the top of the home page queue like like a gigantic fatty turd in an otherwise tasty punchbowl????!!!

If everyone would just stop validating this nonsense by engaging with the OP about this subject, it would go away!!!

Please, Lord, make it stoooooooooppppppp!!!!!

OP
J

jaguar43

WHY ON EARTH is this turkey of a thread still floating to the top of the home page queue like like a gigantic fatty turd in an otherwise tasty punchbowl????!!!

If everyone would just stop validating this nonsense by engaging with the OP about this subject, it would go away!!!

Please, Lord, make it stoooooooooppppppp!!!!!

You know that by posting on the thread, you do exactly what you criticize ?

whodathunkit

You know that by posting on the thread, you do exactly what you criticize ?
Nope. Because I'm not engaging with you as if this were a discussion about a serious topic that actually matters. So sorry you can't see the difference between a plea to make it stop and flogging t his poor dead horse.

This is in fact my last post here. The one before this was just a plea to everyone in general so that maybe, just maybe, over the next couple days, this thread will die a merciful death and put everyone out of its misery.

Say what? Who would've thunk it?! :eek:
Aren't you just the cleverest little thing, you? ;)

Sorry you can't see the difference, either.

Buh-bye...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals